Advertisement
FB_IMG_1632651849892.jpg
FB_IMG_1632651778939.jpg
FB_IMG_1632651798127.jpg
FB_IMG_1632651648500.jpg
FB_IMG_1632651309221.jpg
FB_IMG_1632651336475.jpg
FB_IMG_1632650725935.jpg

All I see is a guy that truly thinks that a guy less qualified than Manny Diaz should be the guy that gets the job. Deion is a celebrity coach, you aren't winning a **** thing in the big leagues with a guy that treats coaching as a part time gig.
Part time? Do you have his schedule or is this a basic stereotypical statement.

I faced the same ridicule when I started Kosi Hive now looks like i was Right all those years ago. But watch in few years after next coach fail. People will say we could've had Coach Prime

Advertisement
I faced the same ridicule when I started Kosi Hive now looks like i was Right all those years ago. But watch in few years after next coach fail. People will say we could've had Coach Prime
We’re still laughing. Man had a 33% completion percentage vs. Air Force. He was 1 for 3 against Walk ons…

Reasons why this is a big "no":

1) He is "Mr. FSU". other than Charlie Ward perhaps, there's no other player that identifies more with FSU than Deion. It literally would be like having Michael Irvin ("Mr. Miami") coaching FSU.

2) I watched a celebrity workout session where Deion was the guest. He didn't make much of an effort on his reps, came across as flippant and I was pretty unimpressed. In contrast, Ray Lewis was on that show and he took it so seriously that the host almost passed out doing a portion of Ray's workout. It's a "must watch" if you want to see & understand the work Ray put into becoming the best MLB of all time in the NFL. His work ethic was incredible and his workouts intense & incessant. That is the kind of approach/work ethic that made Miami unbeatable (58-0).

3) Deion never saw a tackling opportunity he didn't want to miss. He's top of the list of players that did NOT want to tackle. He is blessed with unbelievable speed and great vision (which made him incredibly good in coverage & returning kicks) but boy did he shy away from contact. Given our terrible tackling, that's the last person I would want fixing that issue.

4) He doesn't project the right image for the University. Whether you like him or not, Shannon was professional & projected the right image for the school. Deion has always been pretty flashy and it just isn't a good fit from that standpoint.

I do think he is probably a good recruiter. I question whether he would succeed in hiring a serious staff. It's a creative suggestion by OP but highly unlikely (especially if BJ is still the AD -- that's way too far out on a limb for him).

Advertisement
1) JSU sucks

2) His team is poorly coached

3) He’s a gimmick and floats by because of his name
You sound like Alabama A&Ms coach last year. Funny that same line of thinking just got his team blasted by the gimmicky, poorly coached Sanders.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back