Coach Prime

Advertisement
All I see is a guy that truly thinks that a guy less qualified than Manny Diaz should be the guy that gets the job. Deion is a celebrity coach, you aren't winning a **** thing in the big leagues with a guy that treats coaching as a part time gig.
Wrong

Perfect match for The glitz and glamour of the U. Get Solid Coordinators and he can win big here.
Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
Full disclosure I have a lot of relatives that are JSU grads. When people start saying certain things, it kinda gets under my skin because I know what he’s done for JSU since he’s been here. They only got a training table once he got there, as Miami fans we know what it’s like. He is building a infrastructure that I’m praying that Miami is doing but on the P5 level of course. There are countless other things he’s done for the kids but whatever.

Basically I don’t want to come off as a Nole lover or anything but there’s alot of untruths I keep reading on here. As long as he keeps raising the profile for JSU like he keeps doing I’m good with him. Once he leaves it’s back to not caring.

Full disclosure I have a lot of relatives that are JSU grads. When people start saying certain things, it kinda gets under my skin because I know what he’s done for JSU since he’s been here. They only got a training table once he got there, as Miami fans we know what it’s like. He is building a infrastructure that I’m praying that Miami is doing but on the P5 level of course. There are countless other things he’s done for the kids but whatever.

Basically I don’t want to come off as a Nole lover or anything but there’s alot of untruths I keep reading on here. As long as he keeps raising the profile for JSU like he keeps doing I’m good with him. Once he leaves it’s back to not caring.
Very fair take.

Big difference between being a celebrity coach at JSU, and coaching a major conference team. Never mind the fact that I've watched JSU play this year, they are a greasefire in regards to organization. Honest question, do you think JSU would stay within two scores of the elite FCS programs? Exactly.

Honestly, JSU is trying to leverage Deion's celebrity to raise money, and also draw in FBS kids that need somewhere to go. You should be able to win the SWAC with a ton of FBS transfers and a couple of kids enamored with Deion, but when push to comes to shove, there's a reason why he keeps trying to link himself to every major job that comes up....

Advertisement
How so? Deion hasn't been a full time coach at any point before him taking the JSU gig. He was a glorified volunteer coach at Pr1me Prep, or as it was called in my hometown of Dallas "Deion's Diploma Mill". Him being a HOF player doesn't change the fact that he has little relevant experience in managing and building a program.

Big difference between being a celebrity coach at JSU, and coaching a major conference team. Never mind the fact that I've watched JSU play this year, they are a greasefire in regards to organization. Honest question, do you think JSU would stay within two scores of the elite FCS programs? Exactly.

Honestly, JSU is trying to leverage Deion's celebrity to raise money, and also draw in FBS kids that need somewhere to go. You should be able to win the SWAC with a ton of FBS transfers and a couple of kids enamored with Deion, but when push to comes to shove, there's a reason why he keeps trying to link himself to every major job that comes up....
Are you in Jackson? Do you talk or know anyone here? Please sir, you might wanna sit this one out. You said the guy is treating it like a part time job which is false. I said in my post he’s raising the schools profile. No lies there correct? I said once he leaves I won’t care for hi, anymore. Nobody said anything about coaching a major team. I said him coaching JSU. Weird…

Last edited:
Are you in Jackson? Do you talk or know anyone here? Please sir, you might wanna sit this one out.
No I am not, but I know a con when I see one. But hey, let's ignore his last attempt at helping our people. Yep, I remember that farce, and his halfassed attempt to BS everyone about it. Always be wary of people like Deion, someone that didn't give a F about HBCUs(outside of him hanging out at FAMU during his time at FSU) until he was laughed out of the room when he tried to get the FSU job after Willie was canned. I don't think it's an accident that "Leaks" naming Deion as a candidate for the SC and FSU jobs(when Norvell was on a death watch)happened almost instantly....Deion sees JSU as a means to an end, period. That institution deserves better, HBCU football deserves better.

No I am not, but I know a con when I see one. But hey, let's ignore his last attempt at helping our people. Yep, I remember that farce, and his halfassed attempt to BS everyone about it. Always be wary of people like Deion, someone that didn't give a F about HBCUs(outside of him hanging out at FAMU during his time at FSU) until he was laughed out of the room when he tried to get the FSU job after Willie was canned. I don't think it's an accident that "Leaks" naming Deion as a candidate for the SC and FSU jobs(when Norvell was on a death watch)happened almost instantly....Deion sees JSU as a means to an end, period. That institution deserves better, HBCU football deserves better.
And you think people in Jackson don’t see him as means to their end? You think people in Jackson think he’s staying there forever? What are you talking about? I literally said he’s there to raise the profile of the school and he’s doing other **** that you have no idea about.

Advertisement
Advertisement

LOL, JSU hasn't finished above .500 since 2013, Coach Sanders is on pace to eclipse His 2 predecessors with 3 more wins, so they have "better".

LOL, JSU hasn't finished above .500 since 2013, Coach Sanders is on pace to eclipse His 2 predecessors with 3 more wins, so they have "better".
Congrats, he managed to beat two of the worst coaches in recent program history. Deion has leveraged his celebrity to instantly improve the talent on the roster, but I've seen enough HBCU football to know that he isn't nearly the coach that Coach Broadway at NC A&T was. I want to see whether Deion is building a sustainable program, or is he just trying to load up on FBS transfers to get a major conference job ASAP? Judging from the games he's playing in the media, I think it's the latter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back