Coach L Appreciation Thread

insaneinthecane

Next Stop, CANESVILLE
Premium
Man.... I know L gets a lot of heat around here but this guy is a class act and an excellent coach and an even better mentor. I'm so happy for that man. You can truly tell that he loves what he's doing and regardless of what the mouth breathers say... He's an excellent coach and we're luck to have him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why you writing this like a post-mortum? We have a game to win this evening.
It's all good dude. The, what have you done lately crowd has been brutally tough on L on this board over the past 2 or 3 years. I just wanted to show him some loven.Take it for what it's worth. Now let's hope we go and punch our Sweet 16 ticket tonight!!!

Dude is like Lazarus from the Bible. I’ll be honest and say that I thought it was a done deal and that he was going to be ****canned after we had another disappointing season. IMO he was gone. Especially after the rumors of a new AD and HFC was in the wind. Boy was I wrong. He has quietly put together a pretty good season, and has shown that he’s still has a good basketball mind. Now let’s go and punch our tickets to the Sweet 16 and beyond, in this tournament. Go Canes!

Did he deserve the heat from the FBI and the BS scandal that was placed upon him and the program?Sprinkle in the injuries the team had during that time period, it's a miracle he was even able to field a team at times. I think at one point, didn't he only have 7 or 8 kids eligible to play because of either suspensions or injuries?
The fact that some of the fan base can't see that and decided to turn on the guy the way they did, is kind of mind boggling.
Dude had the program rolling until the FBI began sniffing around. Just the mere fact that he was able to assemble this band of of athletes the way he did is a testament to how great of a coach and a leader he really is. L is one of the better coaches in the country and we're lucky to have him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everything isn’t as black and white as the crown L and fire L crowds make it seem. He’s deserved the criticism he’s gotten and deserved the praise as well. What he’s done at Miami is unheard of. Expectations have been raised bc of him. It’s kind of a double edged sword. When you elevate a program to new heights, fans start to expect you to stay at that level. Fair or unfair that’s the nature of the beast.

He’s dealt with a bunch of bs that’s hurt the program, but his roster mismanagement is the reason he’s caught so much heat. Thats deserved bc that’s on him. But this year he used the portal and kept this older core together and has blown away everybody’s expectations. And for the first time in what seems like 2 years, he’s devised game plans like an elite coach. He’s had the kids ready to play and has been the far better coach against two teams way more talented.

I know I wrote him off last year, and I’ll gladly eat my crow. Just hope this version of L stays around. What I saw this weekend makes it easy to see how he got to a Final Four at a mid major.

Everything isn’t as black and white as the crown L and fire L crowds make it seem. He’s deserved the criticism he’s gotten.

He’s dealt with a bunch of bs that’s hurt the program, but his roster mismanagement is the reason he’s caught so much heat. Thats deserved bc that’s on him.

And for the first time in what seems like 2 years, he’s devised game plans like an elite coach.

I know I wrote him off last year, and I’ll gladly eat my crow. Just hope this version of L stays around. What I saw this weekend makes it easy to see how he got to a Final Four at a mid major.

Lol.....Sounds more like you had him written off until this weekend and then mustered up the courage
to type this back handed compliment. How clever. Let it Go bro!!

Advertisement
I don't think a lot of people really understand the injuries last year. He said it last night, we played with 6 scholarship players almost the entire season. I think just about every kid missed time at various points. You can't even practice at the necessary level when you have 6 scholarship kids.

We got hosed terribly by the FBI, and then were snakebitten like I've rarely ever seen with injuries last year. You can say these are just excuses, but they crushed us.

Behind the U podcast has a two part interview with Coach L. Very insightful on his background and coaching philosophy plus some insight into prior seasons.

Lol.....Sounds more like you had him written off until this weekend and then mustered up the courage
to type this back handed compliment. How clever. Let it Go bro!!
I was one of the people who picked us to win against USC and Auburn so no I didn’t write him off until this weekend. I’m just not one to claim nothing is his fault when the roster construction was a disaster, bc he couldn’t find a decent 5 man and left open scholarships.

Believe it or not you don’t have to only love or hate a coach. You can praise him and criticize him when needed.

It’s the people who are silent when the team is playing like garbage and then when they win, claim the people who were unhappy are ridiculous. It’s happens on here in every sport. Manny supporters were blind for 3 years. Gino supporters are still trying to make it seem like baseball is in a good place. Coach L is the first coach here in a while to right the ship after falling off the map.

Advertisement
Back