Coach L Appreciation Thread

Advertisement
Yeah but when you're being critical of a coach just because you can, you look kind of silly. Especially in a case like this . Coach L's scenario is nothing like Gino's and absolutely nothing like Morris's or any other coach for that matter.. If you want to die on the sword of being able to be critical of a coach that got side swiped by a bogus FBI investigation and a plethora of injuries and now has his squad playing in the sweet 15, have at it dude.

Just a heads up dude... This is an appreciation thread for Coach L and fans like yourself can't help but find a way to criticize the man. There are a ton of anti L threads you can bump where you can join that tired *** pitty party but nooooooo, you just can't help yourself, can ya?. Even after after last night's win. Lol, Almost unbelievable. Almost!
Larranaga is proving he is still a very good coach. To me one of the best in the country on the X's and O's side. But being a good coach doesn't make him above reproach. IMO Larranaga's criticism in the past was well warranted, mostly for poor roster management. Had he done a better job there then maybe the rash of injuries wouldn't have had the effect it did. That said, considering the run this team is on and the season they've had, any criticism today would be comical.

Let's try not to cover the sun with a finger. It wasn't a bogus investigation. Miami was definitely involved. To what extent Larranaga knew? I don't know for sure. I'd be guessing. He may/may not been involved in the payouts Adidas was making, but I can assure you at least 1 member of his staff was involved.

GO CANES!!!

Larranaga is proving he is still a very good coach. To me one of the best in the country on the X's and O's side. But being a good coach doesn't make him above reproach. IMO Larranaga's criticism in the past was well warranted, mostly for poor roster management. Had he done a better job there then maybe the rash of injuries wouldn't have had the effect it did. That said, considering the run this team is on and the season they've had, any criticism today would be comical.

Let's try not to cover the sun with a finger. It wasn't a bogus investigation. Miami was definitely involved. To what extent Larranaga knew? I don't know for sure. I'd be guessing. He may/may not been involved in the payouts Adidas was making, but I can assure you at least 1 member of his staff was involved.

GO CANES!!!
Again NO COACH could have won last year do to injuries. Roster construction had nothing to do with it

Again NO COACH could have won last year do to injuries. Roster construction had nothing to do with it
Poor recruiting and roster management had A LOT to do with it. Recruit players that can play on the team and have enough bodies (viable options) on your roster that can step in and contribute would've mitigated some of the missing players. Please, let's stop making excuses for our shortcomings. Every team goes thru injuries, transfers, slumps, etc. Let's call it what it was. Poor recruiting years catching up with us. Thankfully, this year we've been able to win with 6 players. I hope no one thinks that's a sustainable recipe for success. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Coach L got this team humming like a well oiled machine right now. This season may be L's finest work yet. It's great to see and I'm so happy for him and the team. I can't wait to see how we attack Kansas!

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

GO CANES!!!

Miami was so involved that the school was redacted from the indictment. Lol

Advertisement
Everything isn’t as black and white as the crown L and fire L crowds make it seem. He’s deserved the criticism he’s gotten and deserved the praise as well. What he’s done at Miami is unheard of. Expectations have been raised bc of him. It’s kind of a double edged sword. When you elevate a program to new heights, fans start to expect you to stay at that level. Fair or unfair that’s the nature of the beast.

He’s dealt with a bunch of bs that’s hurt the program, but his roster mismanagement is the reason he’s caught so much heat. Thats deserved bc that’s on him. But this year he used the portal and kept this older core together and has blown away everybody’s expectations. And for the first time in what seems like 2 years, he’s devised game plans like an elite coach. He’s had the kids ready to play and has been the far better coach against two teams way more talented.

I know I wrote him off last year, and I’ll gladly eat my crow. Just hope this version of L stays around. What I saw this weekend makes it easy to see how he got to a Final Four at a mid major.
FBI

My personal opinion on the whole FBI investigation of several years ago is this:

1. It wounded L deeply. He looked terrible (looks much younger now!) and just did not "seem himself" in interviews. Very understandable as his lifetime coaching reputation and integrity was dragged through the mud.

2. As far as how that "scandal" damaged UM recruiting, I think the effect was minimal. Hate to say it but we haven't needed "help" from law/NCAA enforcement to brand our program (since 1985) as not being able to land top HS recruiting targets.

Not talking just L, but all our HCs since 1985. We just never have had a charismatic recruiter as HC. When we've been good, transfers and JuCos have made the difference.

Miami was so involved that the school was redacted from the indictment. Lol

This is the same FBI that ignored Stoneman Douglas threats in 2018. I love my country but some of you MFers act like they the end all be all. Listen, I’m not telling you this off conjecture or assumptions. Caputo was in it. Neck deep. What I can’t tell you is what involvement if any did Larranaga have. If the Adidas scandal hadn’t broken, Nassir Little was a done deal to Miami. Heavy bag game involved. Trust me.

Last edited:
This is the same FBI that ignored Stoneman Douglas threats in 2018. I love my country but some of you MFers act like they the end all be all. Listen, I’m not telling you this off conjecture or assumptions. Caputo was in it. Neck deep. What I can’t tell you is what involvement if any did Larranaga have. If the Adidas scandal hadn’t broken, Nassir Little was a done deal to Miami. Heavy bag game involved. Trust me.
OK. I don't believe you, random person on the internet. Let's move on.

Advertisement

To date, Miami is the ONLY school the FBI/DOJ removed all references to in it's indictments.

I know you don't understand it, but that's an admission they ****ed up and should never have named Miami. So you can be you're normal hater self all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

I can only imagine your tears if we beat Kansas.

To date, Miami is the ONLY school the FBI/DOJ removed all references to in it's indictments.

I know you don't understand it, but that's an admission they ****ed up and should never have named Miami. So you can be you're normal hater self all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

I can only imagine your tears if we beat Kansas.
LOL!!! I picked Miami to get to the Elite 8. All that other 💩 is easy for you 🍆 suckin” ahh ****** to say. But where I'm from what is known, don’t need to be said. GO CANES!!!! 🙌

Last edited:
Advertisement
You really thought you'd try to use the FBI/DOJ BS to bash Coach L and not get called out on it? hahaha

You better hope Kansas plays better than you troll TRUST ME
Troll??? HAHAHAHA!!! That's a first. Whatever tickles your fancy friend!🖕

Attachments

• 4536BB39-AF93-401B-816D-63591ADE5754.jpeg
    4536BB39-AF93-401B-816D-63591ADE5754.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 9
LOL!!! I picked Miami to get to the Elite 8. All that other 💩 is easy for you 🍆 suckin” ahh ****** to say. But where I'm from what is known, don’t need to be said. GO CANES!!!! 🙌

No wonder you can't comprehend what the DOJ/FBI removing all references to Miami in their indictments means.

Cool emojis though grandma

Advertisement
Back