*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

Advertisement
I said it in regards to TCs recruitment, but Saban and Curby are TERRIFIED of a resurgent UM and will do we they can to hobble the program. Curby went after Hartley, and now this stuff w Kool and Bama.

I promise you ain't even thinking about Miami. They pull just about anyone they want from here.. player or coach.

Advertisement
I normally hate the whole, "We have to hire this guy because he was a Cane" routine, but Kevin Patrick would actually be a really solid hire.

He's paid his dues at lower-tier programs, building up a solid resume.

And he just coached at a power 5 program, NC State, where his defensive line was one of the best in the country.

I'm not saying he should be the first and only call, but he's certainly not a bad hire at all.

Advertisement
I said it in regards to TCs recruitment, but Saban and Curby are TERRIFIED of a resurgent UM and will do we they can to hobble the program. Curby went after Hartley, and now this stuff w Kool and Bama.
If true, diabolical, but brilliant. Sun Tzu at his best.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting".

Last edited:
He probably realized he was going to have to ask Brian Munroe to come back and run 2nd team DT this spring and realized it was time to bounce. Bama's great for him, he won't have to recruit and gets to just coach DL. He's obviously great at that, but we should be able to find someone competent willing to work hard at both facets of the job and save some money from that Asst. HC title he milked out of us last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, that was the point.

It won't happen, but having Butch running the D would be nasty.

He'd find players from nowhere and turn them into big timers. Or out-recruit whoever steps into our yard.

But it won't happen.

Hopefully we get a really good DL coach who can actually recruit well, too.

***** the DL, make that man the ******* defensive coordinator

He probably realized he was going to have to ask Brian Munroe to come back and run 2nd team DT this spring and realized it was time to bounce. Bama's great for him, he won't have to recruit and gets to just coach DL. He's obviously great at that, but we should be able to find someone competent willing to work hard at both facets of the job and save some money from that Asst. HC title he milked out of us last year.

Really gotta land the right guy here. Love what Kool did to the DL coaching wise. They played like a Miami DL should and I hope we find the right guy to continue it

Advertisement
Back