*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

this might have something to do with Kool not being able to relate to the prospects that come to Miami. maybe thats why his recruiting struggled. maybe he needs to be at a smaller school or the nfl

Advertisement
Probably got tired of fans on his case (which is probably how we lose recruits to)

Either way.. GO GET ME A GOOD RECRUITER AND RUMPH BETTER BE ON HIS WAY OUT.

Yeah I'm sure he quit because of some fans on an internet message board.

Also my other account was deleted in the switch over do not ban me

Once it came out he was looking @ League would have been used against us. But, this suddenness smells of personal issues, probably with MD2 cause can't be CMR right?

Advertisement
He wants to coach in the NFL...and he should...he's a great defensive line coach, one of the best in football at any level.

Unfortunately, in college, you need to recruit, too, especially at the Miami level, and its clear he just wants to coach.

Wish him the best.

Richt needs a smart hire, here. Needs to coach and recruit at a high level.

It’s hard to say right now whether it’s a good move for us because we don’t know who will replace him suffice to say that it won’t be easy from a coaching standpoint. Those are big shoes to fill. He’s an elite DL coach. Still think he can convert our 3 and 4* guys into NFL caliber prospects which makes up for some of his recruiting deficiencies. Any sort of commentary where people are happy to see him go is strongly misplaced imo. He was our best assistant and position coach.

I wonder if the recruiting losses were just too much. Playing the game and losing at it when you have an elite resume has to be tough. If we don’t get a top notch coach to replace him, this will be a huge loss.

Advertisement
Kul is a fantastic coach.

This feels like a mutual move, or a move from Richt. I'm not sure Kul is a "Miami" kinda guy. Not everybody can thrive here. It takes a certain type.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not worried about this at all, we've only signed 5 DL the past 2 years when literally every other major program signs 4-5 per year. Hopefully we can bring in someone who can connect to today's recruits.

Downvote if you like, but being a great technical coach doesn't matter much when you have such terrible depth at DT and DE.

Advertisement
Back