*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

He was the best actual coach, this means on the field and development. He is probably one of the best DL coaches in the country. He may not be the best recruiter but the guy constantly puts out the best with what he has. His track record is incredible and he did it all at a school that doesn't have our talent.

Is anyone shocked that Alabama wants him? You know the best program in the country wants one of the best DL coaches.

don't every talk bad about a miami player or coach. Kul was no better than thomas or dugans. like my man mentioned they are better because not only did they develop players, they recruited players. I'm going with Richt did not put up a fight to keep him.

Advertisement
don't every talk bad about a miami player or coach. Kul was no better than thomas or dugans. like my man mentioned they are better because not only did they develop players, they recruited players. I'm going with Richt did not put up a fight to keep him.

What does "don't every talk bad" mean?

Kul was the best actual coach. I never said he was even a good recruiter, I am just saying when it comes to development and on the field performance, he is one of the best (in the country).

The crazy part is Alabama came for him, you know...the best program. It's hard to imagine that they wanted the guy...no it isn't. The best wants one of the best.

Brick Haley would be nice.
I also like Jim Panagos at Temple.
He had some nice DLines at UCF during the good O'Leary years.
Plus Panagos would be a good presence in the northeast.

What about Hardmon at Troy?

Done great job there and played at UF. Florida ties. Been coaching 3-4 years I think. Kind of green I guess

What does "don't every talk bad" mean?

Kul was the best actual coach. I never said he was even a good recruiter, I am just saying when it comes to development and on the field performance, he is one of the best (in the country).

The crazy part is Alabama came for him, you know...the best program. It's hard to imagine that they wanted the guy...no it isn't. The best wants one of the best.

what I mean, I never was a big fan of him, his recruiting sucked, and I'm not so sure about his handling of dj and the two underclassmen. Yes he is one of the best, but maybe not best for our program. We need a person that will recruit and teach.

So what's the story on this? Why did he leave a month before Spring camp?

And why the f*ck Bama??? Was this mutha****a sabotaging our DL recruiting on purpose?

I’m not buying Bama came after him that fast. Let’s go through timeline

Interviews w Saints after year 1
Gets AHC title and raise
Doesn’t hold onto McIntosh or Norton
Doesn’t recruit

In a span of an hour yesterday.

News breaks Kul interviewed w Bucs
News breaks Bucs hire Buckner
News breaks Kul gone at Miami
Rumor breaks Kul to Bama
News breaks Kul to Bama

How do you all think Richt reacted when he heard Kuligowski interviewed for another NFL gig? What if Kul did that without Richt knowing?

And why would Kuligowski be interviewing w Bucs if he was headed to Bama?

Advertisement

Gets AHC title and raise
Doesn’t recruit

Rumor breaks Kul to Bama
News breaks Kul to Bama

How do you all think Richt reacted when he heard Kuligowski interviewed for another NFL gig? What if Kul did that without Richt knowing?

Smokescreen

Gets AHC title and raise
Doesn’t recruit

Rumor breaks Kul to Bama
News breaks Kul to Bama

I'm feeling this! not only does he not hold on the two DTs he didn't hold on to DJ, kid who recruited himself to UM. Not buying the story either.

what I mean, I never was a big fan of him, his recruiting sucked, and I'm not so sure about his handling of dj and the two underclassmen. Yes he is one of the best, but maybe not best for our program. We need a person that will recruit and teach.

The line is one of the most important positions, I am okay with having one of the best technical/development coaches even if his recruiting isn't good. The guy has constantly done the best with what he has in front of him.

Is he replaceable, sure. But I am not sure why anyone is happy with this given he is our best actual coach and we don't know the replacement.

Advertisement
The line is one of the most important positions, I am okay with having one of the best technical/development coaches even if his recruiting isn't good. The guy has constantly done the best with what he has in front of him.

Is he replaceable, sure. But I am not sure why anyone is happy with this given he is our best actual coach and we don't know the replacement.
I hear ya, however, at miami we need all the coaches to recruit and teach. Alabama not so much. Look he's not going to any other school. It's the nfl or nfl-lite, lolol.

He was the best actual coach, this means on the field and development. He is probably one of the best DL coaches in the country. He may not be the best recruiter but the guy constantly puts out the best with what he has. His track record is incredible and he did it all at a school that doesn't have our talent.

Is anyone shocked that Alabama wants him? You know the best program in the country wants one of the best DL coaches.

Yes he is the best developer of talent in college but his recruiting was god awful, coaches in college are either two things great recruiters or great developers, most great developers are trash recruiters but get kids on their resume kool was so horrid on the trail he still didn’t get kids, even when he was at Missouri he didn’t recruit their top guys they got at the position it was another position coach

I hear ya, however, at miami we need all the coaches to recruit and teach. Alabama not so much. Look he's not going to any other school. It's the nfl or nfl-lite, lolol.

I don't agree at certain positions especially when his skills are so good.

It is a plus but it isn't a necessity.

Advertisement
Not going to cry over a coach who has interviewed with multiple nfl teams after each season, writing has been on the wall. In addition to that he has brought in some really talented players in the last 3 cycles it’s just not enough numbers. So he’s not a terrible recruiter, he’s just average at it but nothing more beyond that

I agree

if there's no one to coach since you didn't recruit anyone, how can you not be the best D line coach in america?

I mean, there's nothing to even criticize at that point!

Advertisement
Not going to cry over a coach who has interviewed with multiple nfl teams after each season, writing has been on the wall. In addition to that he has brought in some really talented players in the last 3 cycles it’s just not enough numbers. So he’s not a terrible recruiter, he’s just average at it but nothing more beyond that

You know DJ had to reach out to him to recruit him right

Man you do realize that we are like about to have to play Nesta if willis don't get it right. We have no depth at his position. We can complain about rumph all day, but he brought in studs this year. depth is not a problem and I content that his player development is right on par with Kul's, during their respective time at UM.

Man you do realize that we are like about to have to play Nesta if willis don't get it right. We have no depth at his position. We can complain about rumph all day, but he brought in studs this year. depth is not a problem and I content that his player development is right on par with Kul's, during their respective time at UM.

I do realize all of the above. It doesn't change what I said and maybe you don't understand. Someone has to coach these kids and this is one of the most important positions. I wanted coach Kul here.

So some on here are free to celebrate that coach Kul is gone without knowing the replacement.

Is he replaceable, sure. But I don't get the celebration after we lost one of our best actual coaches because he is good enough for Bama.

Advertisement
Back