Coach Hickson, Kansas State

Advertisement
Spin what? Where did I say he was a homerun hire & will kill it at Miami?

I clearly said he's not my first choice but IF he is hired I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself.
I said the exact same thing about your boy Applewhite even though I really didn't want him as an OC.

He may suck & if he does then I'll let'em have it like I would do with any coach, all I did was point out I'll give him a chance, which is fair.

I'm disappointed Miami doesn't look like they're going to be spending big money to bring in an elite staff, but I'm not gonna aimlessly bash them until they show it on the field/recruiting trail.

So you're taking a reasonable approach is what you're saying?

Advertisement
The only requirement for a coach is that the CIS board has heard of him. Can he actually coach or recruit is beside the point.

Advertisement
Official. Skeptical. But hopeful haha
Yeah I don’t know much about this guy imo we probably could have done better than this one but I’ll give him a chance. Would rather have kept coach brown as rb coach than this tbh

Looks like we FINALLY got a Broward plug. Based off his follows looks like he is gonna be on staff

Great idea in theory but is this true? Does he have a lot of reach in broward? I know he’s from FLL but he’s been gone for a long time. Has he been recruiting broward for KSU and Akron a lot?

Advertisement
I don't know enough about Hickson, but in theory he was the exact hire I was expecting and hoping for. Somebody that is young-ish, black, the lead FL recruiter for a school, and looking to step up in competition.

I'm not sure what other people were expecting? Some school has to be the "Kentucky" that is hiring Tee Martin from New Mexico. That's going to be us. That's our future path to success. Identifying the next recruiters currently on the trail. Not the current ones that have now priced themselves out of our range.

Bingo!!!

Advertisement
I don't know enough about Hickson, but in theory he was the exact hire I was expecting and hoping for. Somebody that is young-ish, black, the lead FL recruiter for a school, and looking to step up in competition.

I'm not sure what other people were expecting? Some school has to be the "Kentucky" that is hiring Tee Martin from New Mexico. That's going to be us. That's our future path to success. Identifying the next recruiters currently on the trail. Not the current ones that have now priced themselves out of our range.
local guys who cover recruiting say he is a beast recruiter. they also say he has connections all over south florida and nation , and he had the top rb in big 12 this past year yards wise. so if guys who cover recruiting locally think is a great recruiter I have no other info to go off.

Advertisement
Back