Coach Hickson, Kansas State

Advertisement
Has coached running backs before.
Has coached high school down here before.
Sony’s coach so he’s quite aware of the the bag drop locations and familiar with the local handlers hustlers and coaches.
Plus we don’t have to break the bank. If our rb’s ball out then he will be able to recruit whoever he wants.
In saying that I prefer Seider but doubt we will get in a bidding war with pedophile state for a rb coach just to land a dude that doesn’t want to come.

The part about knowing the bag drop locations interest me. Can we organize some armed assaults and snatched the bags? Be interesting to see who reports it to police or shows to claim the $$$. Worse case is we end up with nice stash to drink our sorrows away at strip clubs when season starts.

He's from Ft. Lauderdale coached at Coral Springs for 3 years & AH for 5 years.

He's also the K State All-time leading rusher which means at the very least knows something about the position.
Their RB Alex Barnes rushed for 1,355yds & 12TD's this season at 5.3YPC.

As far as his recruiting what kind of recruiting ace do you expect to come from K State? Are yall aware of what the parameters are in recruiting for a program like K State?? They literally fill their classes with 3-stars & Juco/transfer kids every year, they don't spend any money on recruiting & that program has extremely scarce resources to bring in the high caliber talent necessary.

Not making excuses for him, I have no idea what kind of recruiter he is or isn't, but coaching at places like K St or Akron there's not ever going to be some superstar coach that miraculously brings in a bunch of 4-star players to low level programs like that.

He's definitely not my first pick for RB coach but if he is hired I would at least be willing to give him a chance to prove himself. Not every good coach only coaches at top tier programs that's just a fact:

Pete Golding was coaching at Southeastern LA, Southern Miss & UTSA before he got hired at Bama, Tony Elliott was coaching at SC State & Fuman before he got hired by Clemson, Marcus Arroyo was coaching at Prairie View A&M, San Jose St & Wyoming before he got hired at Cal, then Sourhern Miss before OK St & Oregon, both Chad Morris & Gus Malzahn had no prior college experience before getting hired at P5 schools, they were just HS coaches.

I could go on, but the point is IF he is the guy I'm not gonna bash him until there's a good reason too, I mean at least let the guy work before you throw him in the fire already.

Advertisement
He's from Ft. Lauderdale coached at Coral Springs for 3 years & AH for 5 years.

He's also the K State All-time leading rusher which means at the very least knows something about the position.
Their RB Alex Barnes rushed for 1,355yds & 12TD's this season at 5.3YPC.

As far as his recruiting what kind of recruiting ace do you expect to come from K State? Are yall aware of what the parameters are in recruiting for a program like K State?? They literally fill their classes with 3-stars & Juco/transfer kids every year, they don't spend any money on recruiting & that program has extremely scarce resources to bring in the high caliber talent necessary.

Not making excuses for him, I have no idea what kind of recruiter he is or isn't, but coaching at places like K St or Akron there's not ever going to be some superstar coach that miraculously brings in a bunch of 4-star players to low level programs like that.

He's definitely not my first pick for RB coach but if he is hired I would at least be willing to give him a chance to prove himself. Not every good coach only coaches at top tier programs that's just a fact:

Pete Golding was coaching at Southeastern LA, Southern Miss & UTSA before he got hired at Bama, Tony Elliott was coaching at SC State & Fuman before he got hired by Clemson, Marcus Arroyo was coaching at Prairie View A&M, San Jose St & Wyoming before he got hired at Cal, then Sourhern Miss before OK St & Oregon, both Chad Morris & Gus Malzahn had no prior college experience before getting hired at P5 schools, they were just HS coaches.

I could go on, but the point is IF he is the guy I'm not gonna bash him until there's a good reason too, I mean at least let the guy work before you throw him in the fire already.
Spin it!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
La. Tech for DC, K St. for RB corch. Why do I feel like we are moving to the MAC?

K State is just as successful a program as we are the last 15 years or so, I wouldn't go knockin' this dude until he has proven he deserves it.

Manny might be green but he doesn't strike me as dumb.

I don't know enough about Hickson, but in theory he was the exact hire I was expecting and hoping for. Somebody that is young-ish, black, the lead FL recruiter for a school, and looking to step up in competition.

I'm not sure what other people were expecting? Some school has to be the "Kentucky" that is hiring Tee Martin from New Mexico. That's going to be us. That's our future path to success. Identifying the next recruiters currently on the trail. Not the current ones that have now priced themselves out of our range.

Advertisement
Back