Coach Hayes Post Game Breakdown

When has Chaney ever remained healthy though? I'm not shooting at the messenger here, consider me highly skeptical of any camp reports. Year after year it's roses and sunshine until real bullets start flying when the season begins. At this rate, he's on the Robert Burns watch list. I also wonder how much if a gamer is as he was often pulled in high school under the premise to save carries or whatever bs was said at the time.
Robert Burns? A guy that barely played in HS because of injuries ? A guy that is nowhere in the same stratosphere as a talent? That’s the comparison? Has Don had a couple shoulder injuries between his Sr year and Miami? Yes….but Robert Burns is the example?

You say “ when has he stayed healthy“ as if he’s been here three years lol, he’s a true soph.

As a talent Don is a good as we’ve had at the position since Duke, does that mean he won’t have injuries or it could be a long term issue? It’s possible , I do know know his shoulder held up fine when trucked Toto.

Advertisement
Robert Burns? A guy that barely played in HS because of injuries ? A guy that is nowhere in the same stratosphere as a talent? That’s the comparison? Has Don had a couple shoulder injuries between his Sr year and Miami? Yes….but Robert Burns is the example?

You say “ when has he stayed healthy“ as if he’s been here three years lol, he’s a true soph.

As a talent Don is a good as we’ve had at the position since Duke, does that mean he won’t have injuries or it could be a long term issue? It’s possible , I do know know his shoulder held up fine when trucked Toto.

No doubt that DC is the more accomplished of the two. Seems to me though how we keep hearing DC is this or that and he very well may be. Still, if he isn't consistently healthy and available, then what can you do but hope he gets there one day.

The sample size (it doesn't matter how long he's been here, 1 or 3 years) has him as an oft injured player, hence the Robert Burns watch list. There were a lot of people posting here, Robert Burns this, Robert Burns that. Talent is only good if it plays.

Shoulder was good after that hit? Thought he was banged up, not necessarily from that. Perhaps I'm mistaken though.

No doubt that DC is the more accomplished of the two. Seems to me though how we keep hearing DC is this or that and he very well may be. Still, if he isn't consistently healthy and available, then what can you do but hope he gets there one day.

The sample size (it doesn't matter how long he's been here, 1 or 3 years) has him as an oft injured player, hence the Robert Burns watch list. There were a lot of people posting here, Robert Burns this, Robert Burns that. Talent is only good if it plays.

Shoulder was good after that hit? Thought he was banged up, not necessarily from that. Perhaps I'm mistaken though.
I’m just messing with you about Burns , kinda lol. Burns was never that talented , he peaked early in HS and that’s why he got a five star rating , he was never that.

I can’t tell if you are serious. It’s concerning if you are.
I prolly shouldn’t do this but F it. You see, it’s very simple to program a subject once they have been ‘based’.
Anyone can hypnotize or be hypnotized, it just takes longer and more intense programming for more complex goals.
Example:

The Handler says: “As they say in the Catholic Church, leave room for the Holy Ghost.“

Al goes into a ’Monarch Beta‘ state of altered consciousness or 17 seconds.
(That’s enough time to make a post hypnotic suggestion like:
“Kill the jackass on CIS that thinks the refs don’t cheat.” or “Take the shot for donuts” or ‘Don’t call holding.”

Luckily the Retriever pulls Al back to waking consciousness with an Elvis phrase.
But the eyes tell you everything you need to know.

Advertisement
Not sure if you guys are familiar with Coach Hayes on Youtube but he is a big Cane fan and does alot of HS recruiting breakdowns as well as Cane film. He did a 3hr show post game and the first hour was breaking down some of the film from the game. I am not seeing it on his page so maybe it got taken down or because it was a livestream. He was breaking down actual film footage so maybe he got dinged..Anyway.. I came away with having to change my mind about a few takes I had.

*I see why Cam is the starting RB again. He had ZERO lanes to run through. OL was getting pushed back into the backfield before the RB could even get the ball. Cant take away his starting job IMO based off what I saw in that breakdown. OL was absolutely mauled which leaves me to my second point.

*OL just went up against a DL that just is on another level. I am not sure I want to judge any of those guys outside of Scaife off that game either. Its just another level of talent we were dealing with and I think our guys on the OL looked overwhelmed. You can have someone tell you about how talented another teams DL is, until you see it in the flesh, you won't know. They know now. And they know we arent facing anything like that again. Nowhere to go but up. Will Anderson is as good as advertised. It was Gods way of making them somewhat human by Christopher Allen going out with an injury. It could have gotten ugly. They both were really impossible for our OL to deal with.

*Ford and TS were the two best players on Defense. Especially TS. He will be All ACC easily. You can tell he came from the SEC. The physicality was right up his alley. Ivey looked like a guy who just wasnt use to WRs being that physical and hard to bring down. Ford wont show up on the stat sheet but he did what I wanted him to do and played like a grown man. He shouldnt have to fear for his job going into App State. Let Nesta and JHH battle for the spot opposite him. Ford held his own for the most part.

*There were scheme breakdowns and sometimes we were not in the scheme call but dammnit our guys really didnt show up alot in many cases. You can tell Bama was well coached to an extreme level and when you have 5* talent and 5* coaching that isnt something we are ready for. Name me another team on the schedule who will that combination? None. Not one. I expect us to look like a completely different team moving forward.

Not jumping ship yet. Like I said in another thread..75% of the board had this game being a blowout. Alot of yall let day time drinking get the best of you and forgot that you predicted us to lose in blowout fashion in the "Bama vs UM prediction" thread. Someone needs to dig that up and remind folks that a blowout is what alot of you expected. No such thing has a pretty blowout. I see alot of yall saying you expected a blowout but wanted it to look better than we showed. Huh? LOL.

Long season and that Hayes breakdown really had me looking at things differently. Check it out if you can.
Hes absolutely right. You can't block talented players like that with no first round type talent on the OL. Stevenson was recruited to the SEC cause he belonged.....now he's here and he belongs on the field vs anybody

I prolly shouldn’t do this but F it. You see, it’s very simple to program a subject once they have been ‘based’.
Anyone can hypnotize or be hypnotized, it just takes longer and more intense programming for more complex goals.
Example:

The Handler says: “As they say in the Catholic Church, leave room for the Holy Ghost.“

“Kill the jackass on CIS that thinks the refs don’t cheat.” or “Take the shot for donuts” or ‘Don’t call holding.”

Luckily the Retriever pulls Al back to waking consciousness with an Elvis phrase.

scared forrest gump GIF

I’m just messing with you about Burns , kinda lol. Burns was never that talented , he peaked early in HS and that’s why he got a five star rating , he was never that.
I thought I saw burst in his highlight film...but went he went against D1 guys that **** was gone cause the comp increased. Sometimes HS highlights man can fool anyone.

Actually he’s a pretty good throwing QB

Lashlee wants to run his stupid *** zone read which frankly King sucks at

Boom. I’m starting to get a Brock Berlin feeling here. Lashlee is trying to force a square in a round hole. Just put King in the shotgun and him throw the ***’n ball. The result was night & day when he just let King just throw the **** ball

Advertisement

All sophomore team? That or Freshman team. Which year did his highlight surface? People went bonkers over it.

It’s just hard to take the rest of college football seriously when you are that far behind the best. It’s like “we can be the best special Olympics team!” Everyone gets a silver metal. We can win the rest of our games, but it’s a bit hollow being the best of the worst.
Bro...it's not FAIR. Maybe NIL will help that, I'm not so sure anymore that it will. I do believe that more kids that just NEED financial help to care for families in SoFLA/FL will stay home than before due to the NIL, because they can at least get something while staying home and being able to check on their moms/pops/brothers/sisters/grandmas etc.

We win 10-11 annually and win our share of NY6 games and we'll be an annual Top 10 team. Which will eventually produce a Natty, but we will not be a Bama team that wins every other year, we'll be like a more consistent LSU team that wins the title every so often. I get that the old timers who were around for our 80s and 90s teams might see this as unacceptable but I'd think that OSU/OU etc don't consider themselves as the best of the worst.....only 1 team can win the chip each year and the way crootin is setup, until a guy like Saban goes away this is what it is for now. Thing is that I'd like to think that if we ripped off 4 seasons of 10 and 11+ wins, we would have the talent to compete with a Nick Saban team. Someone (a poster here) said the other day that our BEST recruiting class over the last 5 years would be Bama's worse.....think about that for a moment....so with better on-field results equating to double digit wins annually, we would win ALOT more of these recruiting battles vs the Clemsons-UGAs-TX A&Ms-OSUs-etc....imagine if we had 1 James Williams/Tyrique Stevenson's type talent at every position group spread throughout 3 or 4 recruiting classes.

What does the Board think about the play of our defensive line and starting LBs?
DL was fine. Maybe a bit quiet with only one sack. Although there were pressures but did not finish. Contained the run game decently. Tackling wasn’t the greatest from the backers. Flagg and keontra had a few splash plays each. Flagg took down metchie on a jet sweep. Read it great. Smith owned Robinson on a quick rb screen play for a loss. They were solid. Tackling still could be better

Advertisement
What does the Board think about the play of our defensive line and starting LBs?
DL generated heavy pressure but couldn't finish. Some of that was being held (Harvey was held blatantly in 1Q when Bryce Young scrambled to throw....and I'm sure there were several other instances), some of it was just being outplayed by a very polished, uber talented football team.

DL also played VERY WELL against the run. I was absolutely terrified that this game would be UNC 2.0 because Bamas RBs/OL is far superior talent and coaching wise than UNCs.....so I know several guys on the board thinks otherwise, but like TRob said in his interview, if you'd told me heading in that we'd hold Bama to 35ish carries for 160 total yards....I'd take it all day.

Flagg and Keontra played FAST....I feel like they solidified those two spots. I'll include STRs with LBs, didn't notice Gil a bunch, saw Amari around the ball a lot.....felt like I saw JW20 in disguised as a LB/STR and also saw him at Safety (thought he fit in well at both spots, didn't look intimidated at all, he nor Kinchens for that matter)

Not sure if you guys are familiar with Coach Hayes on Youtube but he is a big Cane fan and does alot of HS recruiting breakdowns as well as Cane film. He did a 3hr show post game and the first hour was breaking down some of the film from the game. I am not seeing it on his page so maybe it got taken down or because it was a livestream. He was breaking down actual film footage so maybe he got dinged..Anyway.. I came away with having to change my mind about a few takes I had.

*I see why Cam is the starting RB again. He had ZERO lanes to run through. OL was getting pushed back into the backfield before the RB could even get the ball. Cant take away his starting job IMO based off what I saw in that breakdown. OL was absolutely mauled which leaves me to my second point.

*OL just went up against a DL that just is on another level. I am not sure I want to judge any of those guys outside of Scaife off that game either. Its just another level of talent we were dealing with and I think our guys on the OL looked overwhelmed. You can have someone tell you about how talented another teams DL is, until you see it in the flesh, you won't know. They know now. And they know we arent facing anything like that again. Nowhere to go but up. Will Anderson is as good as advertised. It was Gods way of making them somewhat human by Christopher Allen going out with an injury. It could have gotten ugly. They both were really impossible for our OL to deal with.

*Ford and TS were the two best players on Defense. Especially TS. He will be All ACC easily. You can tell he came from the SEC. The physicality was right up his alley. Ivey looked like a guy who just wasnt use to WRs being that physical and hard to bring down. Ford wont show up on the stat sheet but he did what I wanted him to do and played like a grown man. He shouldnt have to fear for his job going into App State. Let Nesta and JHH battle for the spot opposite him. Ford held his own for the most part.

*There were scheme breakdowns and sometimes we were not in the scheme call but dammnit our guys really didnt show up alot in many cases. You can tell Bama was well coached to an extreme level and when you have 5* talent and 5* coaching that isnt something we are ready for. Name me another team on the schedule who will that combination? None. Not one. I expect us to look like a completely different team moving forward.

Not jumping ship yet. Like I said in another thread..75% of the board had this game being a blowout. Alot of yall let day time drinking get the best of you and forgot that you predicted us to lose in blowout fashion in the "Bama vs UM prediction" thread. Someone needs to dig that up and remind folks that a blowout is what alot of you expected. No such thing has a pretty blowout. I see alot of yall saying you expected a blowout but wanted it to look better than we showed. Huh? LOL.

Long season and that Hayes breakdown really had me looking at things differently. Check it out if you can.
It's good that you reference Coach Hayes film breakdown. I only wish that you could be more accurate in your reporting as to what Coach Hayes actually stated.

Good post. I agree with much of what you stated above. One thing you glossed over ... Harrison-Hunte was with out question our best DLineman on last Saturday. He consistently applied pressure up the middle and was a force playing his 3 Technique. Coach Hayes said as much.

It's good that you reference Coach Hayes film breakdown. I only wish that you could be more accurate in your reporting as to what Coach Hayes actually stated.

Good post. I agree with much of what you stated above. One thing you glossed over ... Harrison-Hunte was with out question our best DLineman on last Saturday. He consistently applied pressure up the middle and was a force playing his 3 Technique. Coach Hayes said as much.
Yeah I think alot of posters assumed what I posted was basically what Hayes felt but I was just basing my opinion off what Hayes showed in his film breakdown. I jumped out the window on alot of players that actually didnt deserve it. (McCloud, Cam and Harvey specifically)

I probably should have been more specific about what my post was actually trying to convey. Understood.

Advertisement
I picked us to win despite knowing we’d probably get killed, that’s why I’m not freaking out over the loss. My fan view thought the O was too predictable and base…not sure why Arroyo didn’t get burn in 2 TE sets which was the only potential mismatch I saw…or did he and I missed it?

To say we lost numerous times to inferior teams is "jumping in the time machine" as I like to call it. Last year, we beat everyone we were supposed to beat in the regular season. We were supposed to lose to Clemson and UNC wasnt inferior to us. I would argue they were as good or had better talent especially on offense as we are seeing now with their pathetic performance against VTech after losing all that talent from last year on O..

Manny, as of now, has proven he can beat teams we are supposed to beat based off last years data. Lets throw 2019 out the window because that was his first year as HC and we have made major improvements since then.

Based on what?
We have been getting better talent in the 4 years prior to them crushing us. Look at the recruiting class ranking from 2016 to 2019.
2016 Miami 22 vs NC 32
2017 Miami 12 vs NC 29
2018 Miami 8 vs NC 20
2019 Miami 27 vs NC 30

We have been consistently getting better recruits than NC and only in 2019 they closed the gap a little. The difference is Mack Brown, who fired Manny at Texas is better at developing his recruits than his ex-assistant coach.

Last edited:
Example:

I remember the first time I saw that **** a few years ago I was like wtf yo that neega drawlin.

But, imma just leave it at that.

Advertisement
Back