Coach Hayes Post Game Breakdown

I rewatched the game today and it’s hard to watch cam. Side to side jump cuts. Doesn’t fall forward. Then you see Don and I without looking at the numbers it just looks night and day. He runs with purpose.

Advertisement
Ok, my apologies. That’s me being ignorant and just skimming through. Cam had multiple opportunities and blew them because he’s stiffer than prime Ron Jeremy. Just like King causes sacks for leaving the pocket early , he also misses wide open guys staring down the middle of the field. The ol played good enough from
the late second quarter, and that’s why we moved the ball pretty well from then on. It’s cool to blame the ol and taboo to put anything on king.
I'm thinking that King isn't the answer to the offensive problems. While a quality young man, he's not go to take this team to any kind of championship game. JMHO but I would rather take my chances on TVD or Garcia

Advertisement
So the takeaway is, we are as good or even better than everyone else we will play this year except Clemson.
According to the OP, we will only lose one game (Clemson) in the conference title game, since we won’t be playing another “Alabama” anytime soon.

let see what will happen.

My point is, we lost numerous times to teams with inferior talent to ours. Based on recruiting alone, our team should be their “Alabama”.

This talent argument thing is used over and over again trying to mask our massive coaching disadvantage.
Nice try though.

I’ve re-watched the game and while there were some bad calls on offense, I’m not going as hard at Lashlee. I don’t think it was him being the conservative one, instead it may have been King missing some key reads.

The 3rd and 7 everyone is talking about for example was clearly an RPO, and if you watch it you can see Harley looking back for the ball. But King just hands it off instead. Additionally, there was another beautifully schemed deep shot that had Harley blowing past the secondary, but King tries to throw a poor back shoulder instead.

There were more, and there were also just bad calls like the 4th and goal, but it’s not as bad as I had originally thought from an OC perspective.

I’ve re-watched the game and while there were some bad calls on offense, I’m not going as hard at Lashlee. I don’t think it was him being the conservative one, instead it may have been King missing some key reads.

The 3rd and 7 everyone is talking about for example was clearly an RPO, and if you watch it you can see Harley looking back for the ball. But King just hands it off instead. Additionally, there was another beautifully schemed deep shot that had Harley blowing past the secondary, but King tries to throw a poor back shoulder instead.

There were more, and there were also just bad calls like the 4th and goal, but it’s not as bad as I had originally thought from an OC perspective.
We have more a King/QB issue, and not a OC/Lashlee issue. King is a good, solid QB but he’s not some dynamic QB that strikes fear into opponents with his feet, arm or decision making. He’s solid at everything.

This is King’s six year of college football, but his play isn’t indicative of that. Alabama’s QB was in his first start and looked light years better than King has at any point of his 6 year career

Advertisement
The things that had me scratching my head were. Scaife is really bad, Harley is scary, Mallory cant block yet walks around like he thinks hes a bonified 1st rounder, Donaldson doesnt pump fear in no one, McCloud really aint that bad a player.

ACC is trash. Any other conference (maybe not Pac12) & we lose more than that. At best, we are the USA men's national team pretending to compete in the World Cup bc of how we did in CONCAF.
As a soccer fan, I appreciate this comparison. It’s solid too. Props.

Been telling you guys king is an issue. Fine young man, mature and good leader, but as a throwing QB? Nah. We can’t beat good teams with him under center.

We need to give TVD and García meaningful snaps in these guys.

Actually he’s a pretty good throwing QB

Lashlee wants to run his stupid *** zone read which frankly King sucks at

I rewatched the game today and it’s hard to watch cam. Side to side jump cuts. Doesn’t fall forward. Then you see Don and I without looking at the numbers it just looks night and day. He runs with purpose.
Don runs with better pad level also

Advertisement
We have more a King/QB issue, and not a OC/Lashlee issue. King is a good, solid QB but he’s not some dynamic QB that strikes fear into opponents with his feet, arm or decision making. He’s solid at everything.

This is King’s six year of college football, but his play isn’t indicative of that. Alabama’s QB was in his first start and looked light years better than King has at any point of his 6 year career
Bryce young was literally a top 2 QB in the country with dj from Clemson. He’s a beast and has the best line and receivers money can buy. And also great coaching. But make no mistake he possesses gifts king will never have. That kid throws the ball really nice. I was super impressed with him. I think he runs away with the heisman cause right now the field doesn’t look to hot.

That’s OP’s opinion, Hayes just pointed out that the OL was getting pushed into the backfield and it did matter who the RB was.

The most interesting part of the podcast is at the end when a psychic (who’s ex husband played for Bama) called in and said she told y’all before the game that the refs would be your biggest problem. She also said that Bama uses psychics.

I know folks don’t want to believe it or just don’t know but your looking at a MKUltra super soldier program over there. Look at these players eyes during interviews, listen to their robotic responses. Y’all don’t get it, this experiment is bigger than just football.
I can’t tell if you are serious. It’s concerning if you are.

So the takeaway is, we are as good or even better than everyone else we will play this year except Clemson.
According to the OP, we will only lose one game (Clemson) in the conference title game, since we won’t be playing another “Alabama” anytime soon.

let see what will happen.

My point is, we lost numerous times to teams with inferior talent to ours. Based on recruiting alone, our team should be their “Alabama”.

This talent argument thing is used over and over again trying to mask our massive coaching disadvantage.
Nice try though.
To say we lost numerous times to inferior teams is "jumping in the time machine" as I like to call it. Last year, we beat everyone we were supposed to beat in the regular season. We were supposed to lose to Clemson and UNC wasnt inferior to us. I would argue they were as good or had better talent especially on offense as we are seeing now with their pathetic performance against VTech after losing all that talent from last year on O..

Manny, as of now, has proven he can beat teams we are supposed to beat based off last years data. Lets throw 2019 out the window because that was his first year as HC and we have made major improvements since then.

Advertisement
The things that had me scratching my head were. Scaife is really bad, Harley is scary, Mallory cant block yet walks around like he thinks hes a bonified 1st rounder, Donaldson doesnt pump fear in no one, McCloud really aint that bad a player.
Yes, thanks for reminding me...McCloud actually played alot better than we originally thought. He wasnt Jerome McDougle out there but he wasnt some bum either. I see why he didnt get his starting spot snatched by DeAndre Johnson. (Who didnt play well but I am not giving up on him yet either)

Anyone that’s been around the program would tell you Don is what a Miami back should be, he’d ran away with the job in spring. It was so sealed up most expected cam to leave , then DC got hurt. As the seasom advances he’ll take more and more snaps.

Cam is stiff as ****, with zero wiggle and goes down if you breathe on him. He is what he is.

When has Chaney ever remained healthy though? I'm not shooting at the messenger here, consider me highly skeptical of any camp reports. Year after year it's roses and sunshine until real bullets start flying when the season begins. At this rate, he's on the Robert Burns watch list. I also wonder how much if a gamer is as he was often pulled in high school under the premise to save carries or whatever bs was said at the time.

Advertisement
Back