Coach Hayes Post Game Breakdown

Jassid82

Senior
Premium
Not sure if you guys are familiar with Coach Hayes on Youtube but he is a big Cane fan and does alot of HS recruiting breakdowns as well as Cane film. He did a 3hr show post game and the first hour was breaking down some of the film from the game. I am not seeing it on his page so maybe it got taken down or because it was a livestream. He was breaking down actual film footage so maybe he got dinged..Anyway.. I came away with having to change my mind about a few takes I had.

*I see why Cam is the starting RB again. He had ZERO lanes to run through. OL was getting pushed back into the backfield before the RB could even get the ball. Cant take away his starting job IMO based off what I saw in that breakdown. OL was absolutely mauled which leaves me to my second point.

*OL just went up against a DL that just is on another level. I am not sure I want to judge any of those guys outside of Scaife off that game either. Its just another level of talent we were dealing with and I think our guys on the OL looked overwhelmed. You can have someone tell you about how talented another teams DL is, until you see it in the flesh, you won't know. They know now. And they know we arent facing anything like that again. Nowhere to go but up. Will Anderson is as good as advertised. It was Gods way of making them somewhat human by Christopher Allen going out with an injury. It could have gotten ugly. They both were really impossible for our OL to deal with.

*Ford and TS were the two best players on Defense. Especially TS. He will be All ACC easily. You can tell he came from the SEC. The physicality was right up his alley. Ivey looked like a guy who just wasnt use to WRs being that physical and hard to bring down. Ford wont show up on the stat sheet but he did what I wanted him to do and played like a grown man. He shouldnt have to fear for his job going into App State. Let Nesta and JHH battle for the spot opposite him. Ford held his own for the most part.

*There were scheme breakdowns and sometimes we were not in the scheme call but dammnit our guys really didnt show up alot in many cases. You can tell Bama was well coached to an extreme level and when you have 5* talent and 5* coaching that isnt something we are ready for. Name me another team on the schedule who will that combination? None. Not one. I expect us to look like a completely different team moving forward.

Not jumping ship yet. Like I said in another thread..75% of the board had this game being a blowout. Alot of yall let day time drinking get the best of you and forgot that you predicted us to lose in blowout fashion in the "Bama vs UM prediction" thread. Someone needs to dig that up and remind folks that a blowout is what alot of you expected. No such thing has a pretty blowout. I see alot of yall saying you expected a blowout but wanted it to look better than we showed. Huh? LOL.

Long season and that Hayes breakdown really had me looking at things differently. Check it out if you can.

Advertisement
Not sure if you guys are familiar with Coach Hayes on Youtube but he is a big Cane fan and does alot of HS recruiting breakdowns as well as Cane film. He did a 3hr show post game and the first hour was breaking down some of the film from the game. I am not seeing it on his page so maybe it got taken down or because it was a livestream. He was breaking down actual film footage so maybe he got dinged..Anyway.. I came away with having to change my mind about a few takes I had.

*I see why Cam is the starting RB again. He had ZERO lanes to run through. OL was getting pushed back into the backfield before the RB could even get the ball. Cant take away his starting job IMO based off what I saw in that breakdown. OL was absolutely mauled which leaves me to my second point.

*OL just went up against a DL that just is on another level. I am not sure I want to judge any of those guys outside of Scaife off that game either. Its just another level of talent we were dealing with and I think our guys on the OL looked overwhelmed. You can have someone tell you about how talented another teams DL is, until you see it in the flesh, you won't know. They know now. And they know we arent facing anything like that again. Nowhere to go but up. Will Anderson is as good as advertised. It was Gods way of making them somewhat human by Christopher Allen going out with an injury. It could have gotten ugly. They both were really impossible for our OL to deal with.

*Ford and TS were the two best players on Defense. Especially TS. He will be All ACC easily. You can tell he came from the SEC. The physicality was right up his alley. Ivey looked like a guy who just wasnt use to WRs being that physical and hard to bring down. Ford wont show up on the stat sheet but he did what I wanted him to do and played like a grown man. He shouldnt have to fear for his job going into App State. Let Nesta and JHH battle for the spot opposite him. Ford held his own for the most part.

*There were scheme breakdowns and sometimes we were not in the scheme call but dammnit our guys really didnt show up alot in many cases. You can tell Bama was well coached to an extreme level and when you have 5* talent and 5* coaching that isnt something we are ready for. Name me another team on the schedule who will that combination? None. Not one. I expect us to look like a completely different team moving forward.

Not jumping ship yet. Like I said in another thread..75% of the board had this game being a blowout. Alot of yall let day time drinking get the best of you and forgot that you predicted us to lose in blowout fashion in the "Bama vs UM prediction" thread. Someone needs to dig that up and remind folks that a blowout is what alot of you expected. No such thing has a pretty blowout. I see alot of yall saying you expected a blowout but wanted it to look better than we showed. Huh? LOL.

Long season and that Hayes breakdown really had me looking at things differently. Check it out if you can.
It’s just hard to take the rest of college football seriously when you are that far behind the best. It’s like “we can be the best special Olympics team!” Everyone gets a silver metal. We can win the rest of our games, but it’s a bit hollow being the best of the worst.

75% of this board has us losing 5 more games based on that one game. Emotions run high around here.

saw that too. If you watch his stream right after the game when he was walking out of the stadium he wasn't too happy with the coaching aspect either. I find his breakdowns insightful and he is a funny dude too. so as a source of entertainment and information his product is pretty good.

Advertisement

82, Werent you the dude who didnt respect bama front 7 when multiple times and multiple people tried to explain them boys were gonna be a problem?! lol.. Game was over before it even began, remember bringing up both DEs and saying they were gonna be problems..

It’s just hard to take the rest of college football seriously when you are that far behind the best. It’s like “we can be the best special Olympics team!” Everyone gets a silver metal. We can win the rest of our games, but it’s a bit hollow being the best of the worst.
they are on a different level. It's more how far are we behind second best.

Anyone that’s been around the program would tell you Don is what a Miami back should be, he’d ran away with the job in spring. It was so sealed up most expected cam to leave , then DC got hurt. As the seasom advances he’ll take more and more snaps.

Cam is stiff as ****, with zero wiggle and goes down if you breathe on him. He is what he is.

Last edited:
Well, if you would take off your "I would do anything to hate Manny" glasses you would see that quite a few, if not all, are that far behind the best........let's take a peek shall we, going WAY BACK to last season.............
Bama vs #13, win 52-24
Bama vs #3, win 41-24
Bama vs #22, win 42-13
Bama vs #7, win 52-46
Bama vs #4, win 31-14
Bama vs #3, win 52-24
That's a whole lot of special olympics teams as you so idiotically pointed out. I guess we have a lot of company with us that are that far behind the best.

Advertisement
Well, if you would take off your "I would do anything to hate Manny" glasses you would see that quite a few, if not all, are that far behind the best........let's take a peek shall we, going WAY BACK to last season.............
Bama vs #13, win 52-24
Bama vs #3, win 41-24
Bama vs #22, win 42-13
Bama vs #7, win 52-46
Bama vs #4, win 31-14
Bama vs #3, win 52-24
That's a whole lot of special olympics teams as you say idiotically pointed out. I guess we have a lot of company with us that are that far behind the best.
Well bama couldve scored 60 if they wanted to.

Dude, it’s the first game of the season. The hope is that we get better, more cohesive as the season goes on, and that we may end up competing for an ACC title against a Clemson team that is definitely not on Bama’s level this year.

We knew going into the Bama game that we’re not gonna compete for an NC this year, but we can make gains, win 10-11 games, and potentially win the ACC. We

Advertisement
Him thinking Cam should start takes all credibility. Anyone that’s been around the program would tell you Don is what a Miami back should be, he’d ran away with the job in spring. It was so sealed up most expected cam to leave , then DC got hurt. As the seasom advances he’ll take more and more snaps.

Cam is stiff as ****, with zero wiggle and goes down if you breathe on him. He is what he is.
He didn’t say Cam should start. He said Cam not producing was more because our o line got handled

75% of this board has us losing 5 more games based on that one game. Emotions run high around here.
We’re now an underdog to fsu to some of these gurus , just because they almost won a game and didn’t look good awful. Let’s not forget they beat Unc last year too, then reality set back in.

Fact is Manny has curb stomped fsu the last two years by a combined score of 89 - 20 lmao.

Now let’s flip the situations , these same guys would be laughing at the slurpers for thinking they could beat fsu after four straight losses , two straight *** beatings, just because we almost beat ND. You can’t make this stuff up.

Advertisement
Him thinking Cam should start takes all credibility. Anyone that’s been around the program would tell you Don is what a Miami back should be, he’d ran away with the job in spring. It was so sealed up most expected cam to leave , then DC got hurt. As the seasom advances he’ll take more and more snaps.

That’s OP’s opinion, Hayes just pointed out that the OL was getting pushed into the backfield and it did matter who the RB was.

The most interesting part of the podcast is at the end when a psychic (who’s ex husband played for Bama) called in and said she told y’all before the game that the refs would be your biggest problem. She also said that Bama uses psychics.

I know folks don’t want to believe it or just don’t know but your looking at a MKUltra super soldier program over there. Look at these players eyes during interviews, listen to their robotic responses. Y’all don’t get it, this experiment is bigger than just football.

We’re now an underdog to fsu to some of these gurus , just because they almost won a game and didn’t look good awful. Let’s not forget they beat Unc last year too, then reality set back in.

Fact is Manny has curb stomped fsu the last two years by a combined score of 89 - 20 lmao.

Now let’s flip the situations , these same guys would be laughing at the slurpers for thinking they could beat fsu after four straight losses , two straight *** beatings, just because we almost beat ND. I swear some of these dudes are bat **** crazy lol.
Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

That’s OP’s opinion, Hayes just pointed out that the OL was getting pushed into the backfield and it did matter who the RB was.

The most interesting part of the podcast is at the end when a psychic (who’s ex husband played for Bama) called in and said she told y’all before the game that the refs would be your biggest problem. She also said that Bama uses psychics.

I know folks don’t want to believe it or just don’t know but your looking at a MKUltra super soldier program over there. Look at these players eyes during interviews, listen to their robotic responses. Y’all don’t get it, this experiment is bigger than just football.
Ok, my apologies. That’s me being ignorant and just skimming through. Cam had multiple opportunities and blew them because he’s stiffer than prime Ron Jeremy. Just like King causes sacks for leaving the pocket early , he also misses wide open guys staring down the middle of the field. The ol played good enough from
the late second quarter, and that’s why we moved the ball pretty well from then on. It’s cool to blame the ol and taboo to put anything on king.

Last edited:

OK, gonna need a sarcasm icon on that one.

Advertisement
Back