Coach Hard Work on Joe Rose

Advertisement
hes not benching him. at this point, theres no real point either. were gonna get smoked regardless of the QB this weekend. you cant break emory in this game. let tvd finsih the year and start the QB battle for next year in the offseason

He will trot out TVD and when the game is out of hand, out comes Williams... that will be the game plan

He will trot out TVD and when the game is out of hand, out comes Williams... that will be the game plan
sounds about right for the idiot like he did last year w a broken tvd. were not winning a game this year with the comp left to play. maybe you stun Lville bc its a home game but in ACC play, we have looked pretty below average to average at best no matter the team. this is since GT. conference play has exposed our team, our O, and our coaches

Advertisement
What does Mario actually do other than recruit? Genuinely curious what he's doing all day.

I know he's not involved with the defense at all. Does he design inside run plays for the offense? He cant help any position outside of OL and at that, he is still completely dependent on high level recruits/transfers.

Oh, I know! He gets players injured!

hes not benching him. at this point, theres no real point either. were gonna get smoked regardless of the QB this weekend. you cant break emory in this game. let tvd finsih the year and start the QB battle for next year in the offseason

I don't think he is benching him either but TVD is clearly broken and it's coaching malpractice to keep sending TVD out there hoping things will change. Mario is getting close to losing the lockeroom, too, if he's not careful. If he keeps trotting out TVD and the same results happen, he'll lose the team and he may completely break TVD.

TVD ain't coming back next year, he's not terribly liked by his teammates and he's mentally shot. There's no formula that tells Mario that TVD should start. The move to start Emory will be a move towards the future. It's kind of like September in MLB - the young kids get called up in preparation for the home stretch and/or for the following year.

What does Mario actually do other than recruit? Genuinely curious what he's doing all day.

I know he's not involved with the defense at all. Does he design inside run plays for the offense? He cant help any position outside of OL and at that, he is still completely dependent on high level recruits/transfers.

Oh, I know! He gets players injured!

He coaches OL, and our OL has played well...can't take that away from him as its pretty important. Dependent on high level recruits can be said about literally any NC winner. His offenses so far here has failed to utilize it's own strengths (forcing a roster mostly full of pass catching TE's to be high level blockers, not feeding our best playmaker, and having our fastest players on the bench or not in position to use their speed).

Advertisement
I don't think he is benching him either but TVD is clearly broken and it's coaching malpractice to keep sending TVD out there hoping things will change. Mario is getting close to losing the lockeroom, too, if he's not careful. If he keeps trotting out TVD and the same results happen, he'll lose the team and he may completely break TVD.

TVD ain't coming back next year, he's not terribly liked by his teammates and he's mentally shot. There's no formula that tells Mario that TVD should start. The move to start Emory will be a move towards the future. It's kind of like September in MLB - the young kids get called up in preparation for the home stretch and/or for the following year.
Agree with starting Emory. We aren’t winning this Saturday regardless so at least get the kid some more experience for moving forward. And maybe the team buys in just a little bit more with Emory in charge.

i dont disagree but at FSU isnt the place imo. just asking for a disaster class especially if its a similar offense to what we ran against clemson (which i think a lot of poeple need to rewatch that game bc it was pretty unwatchable shrot of the D keeping us in it outside of a nice fourth q drive). the season is shot. theyll get a bowl game so the extra practices and moeny are there, but if anything bring him in at home against lville.

Advertisement
i dont disagree but at FSU isnt the place imo. just asking for a disaster class especially if its a similar offense to what we ran against clemson (which i think a lot of poeple need to rewatch that game bc it was pretty unwatchable shrot of the D keeping us in it outside of a nice fourth q drive). the season is shot. theyll get a bowl game so the extra practices and moeny are there, but if anything bring him in at home against lville.

I go back and forth on FSU. I agree, I think Mario will start TVD against FSU. I anticipate the game will unfold just like last year's. A hobbled TVD will go into Tally, get beat up a bit and will have to come out of the game b/c he gets injured. An ill prepared Emory will come in just like Jake last year and proceed to play poorly and our defense will give up. Only saving grace is our running game. With TVD, our gameplan has to be run run run without asking much out of TVD.

you can do a lot of harm to a kids confidence that young by sending him into a buzz saw like that.
I agree if the game plan was to sling the ball all around. If EW is the starting QB my guess is the game plan would be run run run, short low risk passes, and rely on the defense. No way Mario puts EW in a situation to be broken.

Advertisement
I go back and forth on FSU. I agree, I think Mario will start TVD against FSU. I anticipate the game will unfold just like last year's. A hobbled TVD will go into Tally, get beat up a bit and will have to come out of the game b/c he gets injured. An ill prepared Emory will come in just like Jake last year and proceed to play poorly and our defense will give up. Only saving grace is our running game. With TVD, our gameplan has to be run run run without asking much out of TVD.
id rather take the long view at this point w the QBs. this season is over. tvd isnt gonna be back next year to challenge for the QB job. i dont want to give a shot to a really good team to destroy a kid on the road.

I agree if the game plan was to sling the ball all around. If EW is the starting QB my guess is the game plan would be run run run, short low risk passes, and rely on the defense. No way Mario puts EW in a situation to be broken.
and if fsu jumps one of those short passes or he throws an INT like he did against clemson and starts to snowball bc its a road game in a tough environment? i think lville is the safest way to rbing emory in to start if youre gonna make the change. lville is good but not FSU good and its a home game so the stadium will be quiet. less of a chance for a snowball to happen.

Mario said we have to stop hurting our selves. Very true. So #1 pull your QB. Get some discipline. Too many mental errors are killing this team. Snapping the ball before the offense is set inside the 5 yard line. Could not gain 1 yard in the bunch formation last year so lets try it this year. Same F$%%^ result. Football IQ is very low. Do something different for a change.

Advertisement
Back