Coach Hard Work on Joe Rose

1. If he plays Emory and we lose vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because Emory could have been getting snaps vs UVA/NCSt
2. If he plays Emory and we win vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because Emory could have been the difference vs UVA/NCSt and Mario us GT
3. If he plays TVD and we lose vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because Emory is better
4. If he plays TVD and we win vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because he should have done more vs NCSt and Mario us GT

6-3 is likely where everyone had us BUT not losing to GT & NCSt while beating ATM and Clemson. Due to the losses to GT & NCst along with how we lost (likely more important at this point), I don't blame anyone for being ****ed including players.

Advertisement
i dont disagree but at FSU isnt the place imo. just asking for a disaster class especially if its a similar offense to what we ran against clemson (which i think a lot of poeple need to rewatch that game bc it was pretty unwatchable shrot of the D keeping us in it outside of a nice fourth q drive). the season is shot. theyll get a bowl game so the extra practices and moeny are there, but if anything bring him in at home against lville.
The don't start him @FSU logic ain't gone fly my boy. With all due respect it's Mario career, this fanbase support, and this players on THIS YEARS team vs protecting Emory from big bad FSU.

Emory better start.

Not to pile on, but I really think this is the bottomline concern.

We are all comfortable that Mario is going to work hard. It’s whether those long hours are smart hours heading in the right direction.
I used to think Corchobal could benefit from spending time with Mike McDaniel, but now I'm sure it be a waste of time, he just wouldn't get it.

The don't start him @FSU logic ain't gone fly my boy. With all due respect it's Mario career, this fanbase support, and this players on THIS YEARS team vs protecting Emory from big bad FSU.

Emory better start.
EW should have been named the starter the 2nd half of UVA and all this starting at fspoo nonsense wouldn't even be an issue.

Advertisement

Emory better start.
again i dont disagree but i dont see us starting Emory at FSU. i think TVD is broken too, but i just cant imagine the coaches sending emory out there into that buzzsaw. i also wouldnt want that for emory. much easier to get a second start at home against a relatively weaker opponent

Advertisement
Some of y'all are hilarious.

Who would waste 15 minutes of their morning listening to coach speak on a Monday after another loss.

You really haven't learned by now? You could cut and paste this same conversation about Coker / Shannon / Golden / Richt / Diaz after a loss.

It's coach speak. Nobody goes on these shows to deliver kernels of wisdom or truth. It's an obligation to the hometown station to show face the morning after.

The dissection of these interviews by some is mind-boggling.
Agreed. I am OK with it as long as everyone "brings that same energy" with Mario as they did being critical of other staffs' coach speak... it will always just be coach speak, but some here find Mario's soothing to their blindness apparently....

Coach interviews are coach speak....until they aren't... then fans hate them too...

I don't think he is benching him either but TVD is clearly broken and it's coaching malpractice to keep sending TVD out there hoping things will change. Mario is getting close to losing the lockeroom, too, if he's not careful. If he keeps trotting out TVD and the same results happen, he'll lose the team and he may completely break TVD.

TVD ain't coming back next year, he's not terribly liked by his teammates and he's mentally shot. There's no formula that tells Mario that TVD should start. The move to start Emory will be a move towards the future. It's kind of like September in MLB - the young kids get called up in preparation for the home stretch and/or for the following year.

Except for a tricky thing called NIL.... he doesn't want to tick them off .. especially his Columbus mafia

EW should have been named the starter the 2nd half of UVA and all this starting at fspoo nonsense wouldn't even be an issue.

Exactly. We live in the era of rookies and freshman having to be ready to play. You can not protect or hide them., especially knowing that football is physically unforgiving and there's a high probability that the youngNs will need to play. Emory should know the playbook in and out.

He should have rapport with all of the receivers as well. If Emory isn't ready then the real question is, why not? Why does Dawson and Cristobal have an ill prepared Back up past mid season point?

There is far more detriment continuing to start TvD to protect Emory. That's disparate treatment. It's unfair to both Emory and TvD. Recruits need to see that the HC is willing to bench players that don't perform well regardless of position.

SideNote: Horton really needs to play more. I really don't like Colbie Young route running. Its lazy and indecisive.

Horton, George, Restrepo, Brashard, with Harrel and Young coming off the bench should be the rotation.

The strength of this offensive roster is 01 personnel. It is NOT a 11 personnel offense and its embarrassingly obvious each game.

I've said this every week since Temple. THE TE TIPS THE PLAYS AND IS NOT A RESPECTED PART OF THE OFFENSE BECAUSE HE IS A NON THREAT TO CATCH THE BALL, RUN ROUTES OR MAKE DEFENDERS MISS.

Defenses know our plays because of McCormick limitations. They know exactly what we want to do based upon where he lines up and it's hurting the entire offense.

You can't coach up McCormick inefficiencies so take him tf off the field and make defenses account for legitimate threats.

Advertisement
The same way Michigan fans warned us about Gattis was the same way the people in Oregon warned about Cristobal, but our fans just called them haters. Mario is barely above .500 for his career and has never had anything close to an explosive offense. He has no coaching prowess...unless you want to count oline.

Advertisement
again i dont disagree but i dont see us starting Emory at FSU. i think TVD is broken too, but i just cant imagine the coaches sending emory out there into that buzzsaw. i also wouldnt want that for emory. much easier to get a second start at home against a relatively weaker opponent

I don't want it for Emory either but Emory shouldn't get special treatment. It's a buzz saw no matter who starts..How is it fair to not want it for Emory but be ok with it for Travis? Mario needs to protect both players. In this case he needs to protect Travis from HIMSELF( and quite possibly some of his teammates) lol.

If Emory psyche is so weak that getting beat up at DOAK is going to ruin him then HE IS not the QB we need as it means he's soft and weak. We need to play him, if for nothing else, to show us his resolve and fortitude as a MAN and leaders

Imo, he will be OK.

A funny thing is, the happiest I seen this team and TvD was with Emory playing.

1. If he plays Emory and we lose vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because Emory could have been getting snaps vs UVA/NCSt
2. If he plays Emory and we win vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because Emory could have been the difference vs UVA/NCSt and Mario us GT
3. If he plays TVD and we lose vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because Emory is better
4. If he plays TVD and we win vs FSU, will the fans be happy? No, because he should have done more vs NCSt and Mario us GT

6-3 is likely where everyone had us BUT not losing to GT & NCSt while beating ATM and Clemson. Due to the losses to GT & NCst along with how we lost (likely more important at this point), I don't blame anyone for being ****ed including players.

If he plays Emory, fans will be fine.... they have seen TVD barf all over the field and know what to expect.

Absolute trash and I don’t care how hard this guy says he works. Ineffective work doesn’t count as hard work.

Ancient Greeks coined the phrase "Perfect practice makes perfect performance." Lombardi popularized it more recently. Yet it often gets degraded into "practice makes perfect."

Bad practice repped repeatedly only makes bad habits. Working hard should inherently require working smart, otherwise you're just wasting time and resources.

Mario saying he's working hard means nothing without actual insight into what that entails, but the results on the field indicate it's not smart effective work.

Actions speak louder.

Where is self scouting and evaluation? Where is evaluation of current coaches, coordinators and position groups? Where are changes and adjustments based on film study and external scouting? Are they even holding player competition in practice?

Nothing is changing week to week for the last 5 weeks, what is he working on? Is he just referring to recruiting?? That seems to be the only thing hitting consistently (obviously not great this year, but comparatively speaking).

Advertisement
Back