Coach Gattis meets the team (Twitter video)

I don't think he cares. He knows it's his opinion. I think he dislikes the fact that people base their opinions at times off how he feels and they run with it. People sway too much with his thoughts, then get upset at him. Lol. Def weird and I don't blame him for note wanting to deal with that
Yea true......hey we not always going to be right **** we more wrong than right

Advertisement
Having a conservative run-oriented offense on your favorite football team is like being married to someone you're not sexually attracted to. You'll still love them, but the excitement at gametime fizzles.

Sam Jankovich long ago in an interview talked about his hiring of Jimmy Johnson and the first conversations they had about offense. He stressed that at Miami, fans wouldn't come out to see the kind of thing that prevailed across much of college football and that they were used to an innovative dynamic passing offense. Jimmy had no problem with that and kept the style.

Yeah he won’t be here long because he will be a HC and if TVD goes off this year he will get a ton of credit. I wish he would commit to 3 years here to see a class through their NFL year but he was a **** good signing
We need to prepare ourselves for the quick turnaround of coaches. It’s not a bad thing, it means they’re wanted and have excelled at their craft.

Having a conservative run-oriented offense on your favorite football team is like being married to someone you're not sexually attracted to. You'll still love them, but the excitement at gametime fizzles.

Sam Jankovich long ago in an interview talked about his hiring of Jimmy Johnson and the first conversations they had about offense. He stressed that at Miami, fans wouldn't come out to see the kind of thing that prevailed across much of college football and that they were used to an innovative dynamic passing offense. Jimmy had no problem with that and kept the style.
On the opposite side of the spectrum a pass-oriented wacky, gimmicky type of offense with no consistent running threat is like a hot, ditzy 18 year old you eloped with in vegas with no substance and just when you think the *** is great and the relationship is good you get burned off the edge in big moments. Literally. Like a burning sensation.

Advertisement

You believe we’re going to have a run oriented offense that resembles Michigan of 2021? I promise you our offense will not be like that.

The thing that many people don't realize is most coaches "evolve" during their career especially after moving to new environment with new set of circumstances. The good ones always adjust and are willing to change to achieve best results. Rarely you see the ones who are married to specific way of doing things continue on the path of success.

Assuming a young assistant coach will continue do what he did under HC X after coming to work for HC Y is very simplistic and naive.

Being young, smart, hard worker, driven and adaptive are the qualities you look for. Not because he runs this offense or that defense.

You believe we’re going to have a run oriented offense that resembles Michigan of 2021? I promise you our offense will not be like that.
I have no idea what it's going to look like, it's wait and see for me. It wasn't pessimism, just more of a comment after reading some of the back and forth in this thread about what people were OK with. I want an offense that looks more like LSU in '19 than anything seen under Kirby Smart.

Advertisement
Nope, not true.

But that kind of over simplification is exactly why I can’t say anything lol

I respect your opinion, whatever it is. And I think I’ve got a general idea.

The point is you have a reasonable approach to everything, so while everyone may not agree with every single thing you say, you’re highly respected, and anything you say will be taken in the proper context, that is, a smart knowledgeable poster who may not necessarily agree with everyone.

The bottom line is that I’m not going to pigeonhole what your opinion is, like other attention-***** posters are.

Some people just want to create that drama and you’re not one of those people.

But understand that whatever your thoughts are, there are reasonable people that respect you, and would love to have an honest conversation, without the drama, unlike some of the posters that are posting right on this page.

Unfortunately, I get exactly where you’re coming from, because it’ll just give some people an excuse to ratchet up the drama.

Begin Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

The funny thing is I actually like the Gattis hire.

I think the power run scheme with our stable of backs is going to be filthy as long as we shore up the OL.

But when I didn’t like a hire - Steele - I spoke my mind knowing what others thought and knowing that I’d get killed.

I feel like if you have an opinion you should state it, regardless of what the group think is.
What don't you like about Steele

Ask 2019 LSU if Steele can coach

27 against BYU no Burrow
36 against Miss St
42< against everyone elser

Eeked out 23-20 at home against Auburn.

Advertisement
Because its nuanced & there’s no room for that & I’d prefer to wait & see rather than make a rash judgment.

The fact that people even ask me to begin with proves my point & again, sitting from the outside looking in it’s much easier for yall, because yall don’t have to deal with the sh*t I do where literally every word gets dissected lol. It’s not about being wrong, I’m wrong all the time, but that’s not all it is when it comes to me for some reason lol.

I mean look at where we’re at already, I simply answered I hadn’t giving an opinion yet & it’s already turned this awesome hype thread for Gattis into an inquisition of LCE lol, like yall just won’t let me live bruh lol
Fame is a mother ******

Well the difference is I can’t really give an objective opinion on stuff like that, I’m held to a different standard. I either have to absolutely love a hire or I can’t say anything at all lol, so others operate with a freedom of giving opinions that I can’t. People for some reason take everything I say personally so I have to be extremely concise or I’ll get killed lol

I’d rather not judge simply based on his time at Michigan & give him the benefit of the doubt to see what he does at Miami. I’m going to wait to see what it is, that’s the best I can do 🤷🏽‍♂️
That’s more than fair.

Because its nuanced & there’s no room for that & I’d prefer to wait & see rather than make a rash judgment.

The fact that people even ask me to begin with proves my point & again, sitting from the outside looking in it’s much easier for yall, because yall don’t have to deal with the sh*t I do where literally every word gets dissected lol. It’s not about being wrong, I’m wrong all the time, but that’s not all it is when it comes to me for some reason lol.

I mean look at where we’re at already, I simply answered I hadn’t giving an opinion yet & it’s already turned this awesome hype thread for Gattis into an inquisition of LCE lol, like yall just won’t let me live bruh lol
Also, if you don't say that Gattis is the second coming of Bill Walsh everyone will call you a Gator Troll. Always good to avoid that.

Advertisement
Gattis can run any scheme, thats his advantage.

Lets run what makes us successful. Lets spread the field vertically and run the ball in light boxes. We easily have the talent in the offense to carry a defense in progress.

Yeah he won’t be here long because he will be a HC and if TVD goes off this year he will get a ton of credit. I wish he would commit to 3 years here to see a class through their NFL year but he was a **** good signing
It would have to be a HC position at a P5 school he knows he can recruit at or the pros. No second Tier P5 Conference teams where he'd just be spinning his wheels. It would only bolster his status if he has great success winning and recruiting here for a few years. If he goes to say a Tennessee (2nd Tier SEC team) and can't get over that 7-9 win average, he'd be an OC everywhere else he's hired.

Advertisement
Back