Coach Gattis meets the team (Twitter video)

Advertisement
Didn’t give any, ask me on November 20th.
Will Ferrell Loser GIF

Advertisement
Am I not allowed to reserve my judgment?

Of course. But this is a fan board where you give your opinion. Yours at least is informed unlike a bunch of the rest of us couch coaches. So at least give us a "first shot".

Mine is that Gattis is not the most brilliant OC, and he's still growing into the role. But he's running the right system, connects with the players, has the right attitude, is willing to recruit. So I think he's a good program fit for what Mario's putting together. And I think he'll grow into a very good OC if he connects with Ponce, checks his ego at the door and isn't immediately looking for the first HC position that is presented to him.

Advertisement
Of course. But this is a fan board where you give your opinion. Yours at least is informed unlike a bunch of the rest of us couch coaches. So at least give us a "first shot".

Mine is that Gattis is not the most brilliant OC, and he's still growing into the role. But he's running the right system, connects with the players, has the right attitude, is willing to recruit. So I think he's a good program fit for what Mario's putting together. And I think he'll grow into a very good OC if he connects with Ponce, checks his ego at the door and isn't immediately looking for the first HC position that is presented to him.
Well the difference is I can’t really give an objective opinion on stuff like that, I’m held to a different standard. I either have to absolutely love a hire or I can’t say anything at all lol, so others operate with a freedom of giving opinions that I can’t. People for some reason take everything I say personally so I have to be extremely concise or I’ll get killed lol

I’d rather not judge simply based on his time at Michigan & give him the benefit of the doubt to see what he does at Miami. I’m going to wait to see what it is, that’s the best I can do 🤷🏽‍♂️

Well the difference is I can’t really give an objective opinion on stuff like that, I’m held to a different standard. I either have to absolutely love a hire or I can’t say anything at all lol, so others operate with a freedom of giving opinions that I can’t. People for some reason take everything I say personally so I have to be extremely concise or I’ll get killed lol

I’d rather not judge simply based on his time at Michigan & give him the benefit of the doubt to see what he does at Miami. I’m going to wait to see what it is, that’s the best I can do 🤷🏽‍♂️
I actually respect that. I always say to my trainees nobody is expected to know everything and it is perfectly Okay to say I don't know or I don't know enough to form an educated opinion. I'm always baffled with those who have strong opinions about almost everything. I stair a little, nod my head and change the subject.

Advertisement
I actually respect that. I always say to my trainees nobody is expected to know everything and it is perfectly Okay to say I don't know or I don't know enough to form an educated opinion. I'm always baffled with those who have strong opinions about almost everything. I stair a little, nod my head and change the subject.

I don’t think that’s what’s going on here.

I think LCE doesn’t like the hire but doesn’t want to get killed by the slurpers if he speaks his mind about it.

He wanted an air raid offense and Gattis is the complete opposite of that.

Advertisement
He basically is. His scheme is a pro style spread with power run elements heavily featured.

There’s nothing wrong with that as long as you have the personnel to run it.

No he basically isn't...Different? Yes..."exact opposite". No not close.

And you have to think at least a small part of that lean on power run (which is not a bad thing) was Harbaugh...It was reported constantly early on that the two were having trouble meshing.

I like the fact that he appears to have left the ego at the door and said the rest of the O staff has diverse experience and they’re going to create the O together.

Advertisement
Back