Coach Gattis meets the team (Twitter video)

Advertisement
And no one ANYWHERE in cfb can win with 80 pct passing...That would be foolish.

Mike Leach’s 2018 WSU team had a 79/21 split of attempts between their top passer + top rusher and they went 11-2.

It can be done.

On a per play basis, passing is much more likely to lead to success than running.

I don’t think that’s what’s going on here.

I think LCE doesn’t like the hire but doesn’t want to get killed by the slurpers if he speaks his mind about it.

He wanted an air raid offense and Gattis is the complete opposite of that.
Nope, not true.

But that kind of over simplification is exactly why I can’t say anything lol

Advertisement
Nope, not true.

Funny, I remember me and you both were talking about the kind of OC we would bring in and you legit named him by name and said keep that big ten **** up there.

About a week before Gattis being hired.

But I agree. If you have an opinion that's different from others on here, you will be shamed, downvited and banished to CIS **** (NWO voice) 4 life.

Nope, not true.

Well if you do like the hire - which I would find hard to believe given some of your previous comments about schemes - I don’t see why you just don’t say so. Your word obviously carries a lot of weight around here, and people would like to hear your opinion.

It’s just a message board. If you’re wrong, you’re wrong. Who cares? A lot of people have been wrong about a lot of things here throughout the years.

Funny, I remember me and you both were talking about the kind of OC we would bring in and you legit named him by name and said keep that big ten **** up there.

About a week before Gattis being hired.

I remember that too, which is why I don’t really understand what he just said about my post “oversimplifying” things.

He clearly wasn’t a fan of Gattis or his scheme prior to him being hired.

The only reason for him not to speak up now would be potential backlash from other posters.

Just my two cents.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
I remember that too, which is why I don’t really understand what he just said about my post “oversimplifying” things.

He clearly wasn’t a fan of Gattis or his scheme prior to him being hired.

The only reason for him not to speak up now would be potential backlash from other posters.

Just my two cents.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Also, what was stated was the fact that him and Harbaugh butted heads on offensive philosophy, Gattis does like to throw it more than what we suspect (unless that's a CIS rumor), so I can see why the answer is wait and see. Which I agree. We can all be excited about a hire, but we can all learn to wait and see.
You know about that wise saying of not boasting about tomorrow, right?

Well if you do like the hire - which I would find hard to believe given some of your previous comments about schemes - I don’t see why you just don’t say so. Your word obviously carries a lot of weight around here, and people would like to hear your opinion.

It’s just a message board. If you’re wrong, you’re wrong. Who cares? A lot of people have been wrong about a lot of things here throughout the years.
Because its nuanced & there’s no room for that & I’d prefer to wait & see rather than make a rash judgment.

The fact that people even ask me to begin with proves my point & again, sitting from the outside looking in it’s much easier for yall, because yall don’t have to deal with the sh*t I do where literally every word gets dissected lol. It’s not about being wrong, I’m wrong all the time, but that’s not all it is when it comes to me for some reason lol.

I mean look at where we’re at already, I simply answered I hadn’t giving an opinion yet & it’s already turned this awesome hype thread for Gattis into an inquisition of LCE lol, like yall just won’t let me live bruh lol

Because its nuanced & there’s no room for that & I’d prefer to wait & see rather than make a rash judgment.

The fact that people even ask me to begin with proves my point & again, sitting from the outside looking in it’s much easier for yall, because yall don’t have to deal with the sh*t I do where literally every word gets dissected lol. It’s not about being wrong, I’m wrong all the time, but that’s not all it is when it comes to me for some reason lol.

I mean look at where we’re at already, I simply answered I hadn’t giving an opinion yet & it’s already turned this awesome hype thread for Gattis into an inquisition of LCE lol, like yall just won’t let me live bruh lol
255C3DAD-85E3-43EC-A128-B79797C7F2EB.gif

Advertisement
@PIPO

Not at all.

I like LCE. I just find his whole reasoning on the refusal to comment on Gattis kind of odd. He gave an explanation and it is what it is. He clearly has his reasons for not commenting, so that’s that.

All love here.

:)
I am just fvking around. My favorite gif.

Yep - he is reserving judgement. That’s cool. Let’s move on!!

What do you mean by literally dissected?

I kid…

Advertisement
Mike Leach’s 2018 WSU team had a 79/21 split of attempts between their top passer + top rusher and they went 11-2.

It can be done.

On a per play basis, passing is much more likely to lead to success than running.
I agree. You need a very accurate QB, but it can be done. Air raid is not just drop back and chuck it 50 yards every play.

It’s hard for me to judge Gattis. Harbough’s influence and the different roster makeup are 2 variables that make it hard for us to know exactly what Gattis will do.

I’d like us to be about 60/40 pass/run. Let the passing game soften up the d to open up running lanes. This prob won’t happen. It’s not Mario. But we have the roster where I think that’s the successful formula. Almost no team on our schedule can match up 4 dbs worth a **** if we go 4 wide.

I just hope they don’t force it. If we are getting beat up front, or teams want to stack the box and sell out to stop the run, Gattis can’t be stubborn about the run and let TVD rip em a new *******.

I actually respect that. I always say to my trainees nobody is expected to know everything and it is perfectly Okay to say I don't know or I don't know enough to form an educated opinion. I'm always baffled with those who have strong opinions about almost everything. I stair a little, nod my head and change the subject.
I use that same tactic when my wife ask me where I was

Does everyone have the “he won’t be here long” comments out of their systems yet?

Love this hire. I know we always say every offseason it’s different but this is the first time in a long time it’s actually different in a good way
**** straight my brother! We've waited a long time for this. We've waited a long time for the Prez and the administration to pry their collective heads out of their asses, commit to excellence, spend the **** money and hire straight up bosses to run this show. It's on now boys! Buckle up buttercups!

Advertisement
Back