Coach Gattis meets the team (Twitter video)

Advertisement
Mike Leach’s 2018 WSU team had a 79/21 split of attempts between their top passer + top rusher and they went 11-2.

It can be done.

On a per play basis, passing is much more likely to lead to success than running.
Ok…. But Who was that WSU team playing against? It takes some things to be successful throwin the ball 80% of the time. Accurate and smart QB, ****** defensive teams (pass defense), good OL, and a lot of quick passes that act like extensions of the running game.

Last edited:
Ok…. But Who was that WSU team playing against?

05286E65-259A-44A3-9C2C-101025475356.jpeg

Advertisement
Oklahoma made it in 2018 + 2019.

Lincoln Riley is probably the most high profile coach in college football to use the Air Raid offense.

And that's what I was waiting for. You and a lot of other posters seem to use "Air Raid" for any offense that throws the ball a lot.

Lincoln Riley does not run a true Air Raid like Leach. It's a power spread that runs to set up the pass and has air raid principles in the pass game.

So, no, an Air Raid offense still hasnt made the CFP

Because its nuanced & there’s no room for that & I’d prefer to wait & see rather than make a rash judgment.

The fact that people even ask me to begin with proves my point & again, sitting from the outside looking in it’s much easier for yall, because yall don’t have to deal with the sh*t I do where literally every word gets dissected lol. It’s not about being wrong, I’m wrong all the time, but that’s not all it is when it comes to me for some reason lol.

I mean look at where we’re at already, I simply answered I hadn’t giving an opinion yet & it’s already turned this awesome hype thread for Gattis into an inquisition of LCE lol, like yall just won’t let me live bruh lol
We found Gaby Urutia’s source

Advertisement
Mike Leach’s 2018 WSU team had a 79/21 split of attempts between their top passer + top rusher and they went 11-2.

It can be done.

On a per play basis, passing is much more likely to lead to success than running.
Like I said

No one can win

And yes I understand the whole per play basis...You can't do it at that extreme level. You picked the best team ever at that level of pass heavy offenses.

I love Mike Leach, but these maniacs will never win anything that counts without some semblance of balance.

Last edited:
Because its nuanced & there’s no room for that & I’d prefer to wait & see rather than make a rash judgment.

The fact that people even ask me to begin with proves my point & again, sitting from the outside looking in it’s much easier for yall, because yall don’t have to deal with the sh*t I do where literally every word gets dissected lol. It’s not about being wrong, I’m wrong all the time, but that’s not all it is when it comes to me for some reason lol.

I mean look at where we’re at already, I simply answered I hadn’t giving an opinion yet & it’s already turned this awesome hype thread for Gattis into an inquisition of LCE lol, like yall just won’t let me live bruh lol
With great power……😂

And that's what I was waiting for. You and a lot of other posters seem to use "Air Raid" for any offense that throws the ball a lot.

Lincoln Riley does not run a true Air Raid like Leach. It's a power spread that runs to set up the pass and has air raid principles in the pass game.

So, no, an Air Raid offense still hasnt made the CFP

Riley ran a true Air Raid at East Carolina. When he got to Oklahoma, he combined it with some power spread and RPO’s. But the majority of the passing concepts are still Air Raid passing concepts.

Locked in for 2 years and then Ponce becomes OC…Josh will get his HC job Coach Steele locked in for 2 years also…CMC I do believe made that a requirement U have to give me and the kids a least 2 years before U bounce

Advertisement
I’m excited to see what he can do with our offense. We may not have the most talented OL, but we have a top 5 OL coach so I’m hoping we can have an effective, balanced offense.

Every year we have the “this team is different” type statements, but all my chips are in this time. I think we’re in for a turnaround season and start to look like a Miami team should.

Yeah he won’t be here long because he will be a HC and if TVD goes off this year he will get a ton of credit. I wish he would commit to 3 years here to see a class through their NFL year but he was a **** good signing

Better a coach that excels and leaves for an upward career move than one that has to be chased out of town by strafing banner planes...

Last edited:
Advertisement
That dude is HC ready. Wow impressive

What a get by Mario, hopefully we can keep him 2 years

Well the difference is I can’t really give an objective opinion on stuff like that, I’m held to a different standard. I either have to absolutely love a hire or I can’t say anything at all lol, so others operate with a freedom of giving opinions that I can’t. People for some reason take everything I say personally so I have to be extremely concise or I’ll get killed lol

I’d rather not judge simply based on his time at Michigan & give him the benefit of the doubt to see what he does at Miami. I’m going to wait to see what it is, that’s the best I can do 🤷🏽‍♂️
Just don't care what people say like I do then u won't give a fuq. It's the best way to go

Just don't care what people say like I do then u won't give a fuq. It's the best way to go
I don't think he cares. He knows it's his opinion. I think he dislikes the fact that people base their opinions at times off how he feels and they run with it. People sway too much with his thoughts, then get upset at him. Lol. Def weird and I don't blame him for not wanting to deal with that

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back