COACH DIAZ SAYS FSU GAME LIKELY CANCELLED AS WELL

Advertisement
095407_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.jpg

It's a Hurricane that is behind Irma, that could be headed our way as well, if we get hit back to back the season might be over.

I'm not here to preach sunshine and lollipops because Hurricane Irma is a devastating storm and will likely destroy parts of our beloved state, but today's projections should give those of us in or with families in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, etc. a little relief.

Look. While the storm is gigantic, the hurricane winds will extend only up to seventy miles from the eye of the hurricane, according to the NHC.

If this bytch stays west on or near its current track, then Miami may be outside of that seventy mile stretch, which means we'd only be getting tropical storm winds. And even if Miami is within seventy miles of the eye, the winds go from Category 5 at the eye and weaken to Category 1 near the seventy mile marker.

Not to mention this hurricane is expected to weaken more quickly once it makes landfall than originally anticipated.

So while parts of the gulf coast of Florida like Naples may be in ruins a la Homestead after Hurricane Andrew, Miami-Dade might fair much, much better.

Anybody talking in absolutes right now doesn't know ****.

It's science.

Well the dry side of the storm is on the west side of it, the best scenario for Miami and surrounding areas is if the storms veers east.

I'm not here to preach sunshine and lollipops because Hurricane Irma is a devastating storm and will likely destroy parts of our beloved state, but today's projections should give those of us in or with families in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, etc. a little relief.

Look. While the storm is gigantic, the hurricane winds will extend only up to seventy miles from the eye of the hurricane, according to the NHC.

If this bytch stays west on or near its current track, then Miami may be outside of that seventy mile stretch, which means we'd only be getting tropical storm winds. And even if Miami is within seventy miles of the eye, the winds go from Category 5 at the eye and weaken to Category 1 near the seventy mile marker.

Not to mention this hurricane is expected to weaken more quickly once it makes landfall than originally anticipated.

So while parts of the gulf coast of Florida like Naples may be in ruins a la Homestead after Hurricane Andrew, Miami-Dade might fair much, much better.

It's science.

Well the dry side of the storm is on the west side of it, the best scenario for Miami and surrounding areas is if the storms veers east.
And
If it veers east we'll be within the radius of the eye wall. Best scenario for Miami is not for the storm to veer east. Ourselves, along with the rest of Florida, need this thing to continue trending west so that we can all be out of its hurricane force winds range. Any redirection east at this point puts all of Florida right in its crosshairs

Advertisement
If it's as bad as they're saying I don't expect to play another game all year. FSU is 100% postponed. That's automatic.

The path is veering towards Jacksonville after Orlando and will be out of the state by Monday

0% chance we play FSU. Absolutley 0%. It you have paypal we can bet whatever you want.

We will play them for sure but it might be on the 7th. The game will be played one way or another.

99%

Joe Bastardi forecasts Naples-Bonita (?) area. Is there a place called Bonita? Bonita Springs, maybe?

Still big enough to cause huge problems over Miami and east coast. Keys will be in huge, huge trouble. Bastardi points to Labor Day 1935 and another, I think in 1920's, for suggested models.

There is a BOnita Springs, played golf there.

If it's as bad as they're saying I don't expect to play another game all year. FSU is 100% postponed. That's automatic.

The path is veering towards Jacksonville after Orlando and will be out of the state by Monday

0% chance we play FSU. Absolutley 0%. It you have paypal we can bet whatever you want.

We will play them for sure but it might be on the 7th. The game will be played one way or another.

99%

my reverse mush worked!

Advertisement

It's science.

Negative. The strongest part of the hurricane is on the east. The hurricane isn't shifting hard enough east to put Miami on the west side of it. So best case is that it goes further west and puts Miami on the outer rim.

99%

my reverse mush worked!
Problem is it's now heading northwest, more towards Trailerhassee. Even if jimbob doesn't use it as an excuse to postpone.... the travel, practice time and distraction from both teams will likely be too much to play. I have reservations and tickets so I desperately want to play but it's not looking good.

Advertisement
If this stays in the Gulf, without the eye hitting land, along the west coast, it will maintain strength, and could easily hit Tallahhasee as a 3 or so. That possibility is within the cone.

IMG_4896.jpg

All it has to do is follow the orange line within the cone. Definitely not wishing that, just saying it's within the realm of possibility. These forecasts are NEVER exact, obviously, as we've seen.

Advertisement
The eye is going to be 130+ miles away from Miami. With that said, Tally could be hit with some ****.

We need to find a way to make this game happen we can't just let FSU off the hook like that.

The eye is going to be 130+ miles away from Miami. With that said, Tally could be hit with some ****.

if it went up to a cat 5 and plowed into fsu and then immediately went into a tropical depression at the GA line

wouldn't be the worst news I hear all day

Advertisement
Back