COACH DIAZ SAYS FSU GAME LIKELY CANCELLED AS WELL

Advertisement

By the way, the westernmost projection wipes Tallahassee off the face of the earth. All the others destroy Gainesville.

"wipes off"..."destroy".....geez, you'd think NKorea is going to nuke 'em

Would you be opposed?

Well being that I live in Tallahassee... I object to that one

My condolences to
hear you live there

I'm not here to preach sunshine and lollipops because Hurricane Irma is a devastating storm and will likely destroy parts of our beloved state, but today's projections should give those of us in or with families in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, etc. a little relief.

Look. While the storm is gigantic, the hurricane winds will extend only up to seventy miles from the eye of the hurricane, according to the NHC.

If this bytch stays west on or near its current track, then Miami may be outside of that seventy mile stretch, which means we'd only be getting tropical storm winds. And even if Miami is within seventy miles of the eye, the winds go from Category 5 at the eye and weaken to Category 1 near the seventy mile marker.

Not to mention this hurricane is expected to weaken more quickly once it makes landfall than originally anticipated.

So while parts of the gulf coast of Florida like Naples may be in ruins a la Homestead after Hurricane Andrew, Miami-Dade might fair much, much better.

Anybody talking in absolutes right now doesn't know ****.

It's science.

Advertisement
I'm not here to preach sunshine and lollipops because Hurricane Irma is a devastating storm and will likely destroy parts of our beloved state, but today's projections should give those of us in or with families in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, etc. a little relief.

Look. While the storm is gigantic, the hurricane winds will extend only up to seventy miles from the eye of the hurricane, according to the NHC.

If this bytch stays west on or near its current track, then Miami may be outside of that seventy mile stretch, which means we'd only be getting tropical storm winds. And even if Miami is within seventy miles of the eye, the winds go from Category 5 at the eye and weaken to Category 1 near the seventy mile marker.

Not to mention this hurricane is expected to weaken more quickly once it makes landfall than originally anticipated.

So while parts of the gulf coast of Florida like Naples may be in ruins a la Homestead after Hurricane Andrew, Miami-Dade might fair much, much better.

It's science.

But I was told things had 100 and 0 % chances of happening

Just got a great deal on an airline ticket and ticket to the Fsu Miami game next weekend! What luck I have.

Rob Stone, on the halftime show on FS1 for the Okie State-South Alabama game was talking about all the Florida schools and literally said something along the lines of, how is FAU going to get home. Good job, Lane. Good job.

Advertisement
I'm just wishing all ya'll that's in Fla to be safe and sound. Some of my homies out in the H just lost everything and are displaced. I love my Canes, but at this point I'm more concerned w the players, coaches, and their family's livelihood. Praying for all ya'll out that way, man.

Advertisement
If it's as bad as they're saying I don't expect to play another game all year. FSU is 100% postponed. That's automatic.

The path is veering towards Jacksonville after Orlando and will be out of the state by Monday

0% chance we play FSU. Absolutley 0%. It you have paypal we can bet whatever you want.

Never say 0% about anything, but you're probably right. I wouldn't bet on the rest of the season though. That's a bit extreme.
Yeah just saw new advisory, it's further west and Tallahassee is in the cone but it still will be gone by Monday. It also should be much weaker after traveling up the whole state.
Exactly and what makes it worse is our meteorologists on this site actually don't want us to play all season.

EE

It's science.

Winds normally only do a fraction of the damage the water does and unfornutely This this is going to push a ton of water in from the Atlantic and depending how it hits a lot of water from the gulf on the other side of the state.

The wind blows over trees and signs and stuff.Especially with all the new building regulations.The flooding will be the main problem imo....

Logic says the game will be cancelled. The storm wont be out of Florida until Sunday or Monday, then the power has to be repaired over a large part of the state, coaches and players slowly return, damage assessed, shutters taken down, classes reinstated, football practices, etc.

Advertisement
I'm just wishing all ya'll that's in Fla to be safe and sound. Some of my homies out in the H just lost everything and are displaced. I love my Canes, but at this point I'm more concerned w the players, coaches, and their family's livelihood. Praying for all ya'll out that way, man.

lock thread.

I just saw that and he called Brett McMurphy punkass out for still talking about Arkansas State game when lives are in danger. The University of Miami really is hated by the National media. First Rick Neuheisel now this clown!

I understand Neuheisel....I mean UM put the wiping of a life time on his weasel looking A$$

Logic says the game will be cancelled. The storm wont be out of Florida until Sunday or Monday, then the power has to be repaired over a large part of the state, coaches and players slowly return, damage assessed, shutters taken down, classes reinstated, football practices, etc.

Best case scenario is this thing misses Miami and weakens a ton before hitting the panhandle. I'd love nothing more than that true freshmen to face his first college defense vs Miami next Saturday

Advertisement
Back