Coach Cristobal recaps Thursday practice: “Something clicked today” with TreVonte’ Citizen’s confidence

Advertisement
lol I can’t believe yall worry about RB depth in the Spring. It’s overblown in my opinion. If we get to late summer right before fall camp and it still looks like this on the injury front then okay we can worry. You could be going into Fall Camp with: Fletch (probably limited in the beginning), CJ, Citizen, Ajay Allen, Lyle, CHW and a possible transfer.

We’ve all got to STOP saying NFL so much it’s killing us ,
These kids don’t need to hear this , soon it will rampant, I’m NFL are you NFL all during practice and locker room.
Then they’ll have good game and start saying see I’m NFL then the next phase you’ll hear.

I’m declaring for NFL , I know what’s best for my family.

GOCANES

Agreed but Lofton playing RB is frustrating to say the least. Our depth at RB should be better. I understand injuries happened and help is coming but we really shouldn’t be in this position in year 3.
I think he would've been doing it anyway. He's a versatile player, and that creates matchup opportunities. He is capable of playing the position.

Advertisement
I think he would've been doing it anyway. He's a versatile player, and that creates matchup opportunities. He is capable of playing the position.
I get it but if the depth was where it should be, it would be less likely to happen. Perhaps, he’d be used for certain packages but not a primary option.

I don’t believe for a second Citizen looking solid in one practice changes anything about how we approach the portal and RB

Mario said we would be aggressive and there’s no reason to think otherwise. Mario is a lot of things, not all of them good, but he’s been delivering when he makes these statements

And also yes I’m a big fan of Hortons potential but you have a chance to upgrade the WR room you do it in a heartbeat

A true #1 WR along with X and Cam and we are a threat instantly
"I don’t believe for a second Citizen looking solid in one practice changes anything about how we approach the portal and RB"

Nor should you or anyone else for that manner. Mario is laser focused on getting a starter quality RB in the next portal. I think some will be shocked at the type of RB we bring in. What I'll say is that just because there are elite RBs out there who have been extremely productive doesn't mean they won't listen to or seriously consider coming to a place like UM where their NIL opportunities may be significantly enhanced.

@DMoney any word on Malik bryant? Doesn’t seem to be getting much attention unfortunately I was hoping he would excel.

Advertisement
Agreed but Lofton playing RB is frustrating to say the least. Our depth at RB should be better. I understand injuries happened and help is coming but we really shouldn’t be in this position in year 3.
It should be better I agree but we also just portaled our #1 back. You’re correct the only reason I say anything is with this day and age of the portal I feel like every offseason we are going to be dealing with this at a few positions. Could be wrong and not discrediting your point of course (and telling you **** you already know)

Is that some sort of picture anomaly or is that a scar on his right knee.. **** if that doesn't look two months old. I'm sure y'all know better than me but **** if he makes it back to being a serious player he'll deserve it and everything he can get. That looks like a serious scar got ****.
Bro, That scar looks like he had a complete knee replacement... if that was the case, No wonder he has been recovering for so long.. I hope comes back in full force like McGahee did when got injured before going to the NFL.

Bro, That scar looks like he had a complete knee replacement... if that was the case, No wonder he has been recovering for so long.. I hope comes back in full force like McGahee did when got injured before going to the NFL.
He had two procedures on that knee in a one year time slot.

Advertisement
It should be better I agree but we also just portaled our #1 back. You’re correct the only reason I say anything is with this day and age of the portal I feel like every offseason we are going to be dealing with this at a few positions. Could be wrong and not discrediting your point of course (and telling you **** you already know)
Miami needs to do a better job overall with the portal. Our portal RB’s alone have been busts.

Miami needs to do a better job overall with the portal. Our portal RB’s alone have been busts.
No arguments there

I’ll just say that I think Mario arriving here in a tough spot and navigating both a total roster turnover and this newer age of NIL and Portal has probably been a tall task. No excuses but hopefully as the roster gets to where we need it, the portal gets easier

Advertisement
Parrish was not a bust in any way. Jury is still out on Allen but he had moments.

I do think they want a big-time guy this year, if one comes available.
Respectfully, disagree. He was productive but not a difference maker by any means. The fact he entered the portal again says all I need to know about bringing him here. RB room is surprisingly concerning with all these injured and non proven players.

Respectfully, disagree. He was productive but not a difference maker by any means. The fact he entered the portal again says all I need to know about bringing him here. RB room is surprisingly concerning with all these injured and non proven players.

A lot of our portal takes are like that old song, "if you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with". Mario prioritized staff acquisition each of the past two off-seasons. We can argue over and criticize his reasons for it. But it obviously put us in a position where we were taking best available after better options were already off the table.

I think we're late to the game again this season because of the Ward and Addae dramas. Mario really needs to make the portal a higher priority. He needs to go into the offseason having fully assessed his holes and be ready to strike sooner. There will always be surprises. But they should have known they would lose Chaney and Parrish, and need to bring in a top dog back in December. And they should have either kept one of them or already had a guy in their back pocket.

Maybe they already do, and that's what D$ and Josh Pate are hinting at. If so, good for Mario ... and about time.

Advertisement
Back