Coach Cristobal recaps Thursday practice: “Something clicked today” with TreVonte’ Citizen’s confidence

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great stuff overall, but some really eye-opening comments on Elija Lofton.
Exactly. As I said in a post yesterday, we’re hitting more on the higher rated recruits coming out of HS. If Cam preforms how we expect him to this year, then Poff doesn’t drop off the gear after when Luke takes the reins, we’ll be close to being perennial.

OHHHH his CONFIDENCE........

Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Advertisement
Is that some sort of picture anomaly or is that a scar on his right knee.. **** if that doesn't look two months old. I'm sure y'all know better than me but **** if he makes it back to being a serious player he'll deserve it and everything he can get. That looks like a serious scar got ****.

I could be wrong but I believe it’s similar to the one used in the NFL. Basically allowing one player on offense and one on defense to communicate with the coaching staff via wireless technology, in turn eliminating signals from the sideline that could be stolen by opposing teams.

Aka Michigan scandal.
Thanks brother was wondering the same thing

Citizen…mannn…

Hope Brian Hartline hits up Anidjar and Levine next time he’s in town trying to get weird with our receivers

Advertisement
Advertisement
So are we still portalling for an RB?

I hope so.

Both Flethcer and Citizen are coming off injuries.

I'd love to us to bring in a big time RB that allows Fletcher and Citizen to get slowly progress, instead of needing them to carry all of the load.

Also, if Lofton is taking handoffs, what's going on with Chris Johnson?? We need that type of speed ON the field.

On the progress from Year 1 in spring: It’s very different. There's been a pretty massive roster overhaul, and an implementation of a culture, a regiment, and structure...This spring, we've gotten off to a really, really good start.

On players standing out with pads on: Wesley Bissainthe had a really big spring. Really excited about his progress because now he's weighing 228, 230 pounds. He's running like he did when he was 170. He understands and he's playing like he understands. So there's a good amount of guys. I probably missed a few. They'll get sensitive. I'll handle them later.

On TreVonte’ Citizen: Something clicked today. We've been seeing a guy that's been a little bit tentative, and then kind of a flash. But today, there was a legitimate guy running behind his pads, running at 230. Accelerating, running through contact, running his feet through contact, catching the ball really well out of the backfield. Today was his best day. Today is something that really gives us hope that he can return to form.

On the young LBs: Chase Smith, he's been exceptional on special teams. We've been moving him inside and outside. So there's been some good competition there.
Another great recap; and it's really great to read the above...

Advertisement
Back