CMR: "We gotta fill that stadium" for Ga Tech game

Miami will never be able to recreate the atmosphere of the Orange Bowl. It was a real advantage for us. I wish the university would build its own venue and try to recapture that magic.

Win and the atmosphere will be great. We've been losing for so long that people gave up on UM.

People have romanticized the OB into something it wasn't. I was in the OB every game in the first couple years of the Booch Davis era, and that place was dead, empty, and a mausoleum. There were games when there were maybe 3K people actually there.

Advertisement
Miami will never be able to recreate the atmosphere of the Orange Bowl. It was a real advantage for us. I wish the university would build its own venue and try to recapture that magic.

Win and the atmosphere will be great. We've been losing for so long that people gave up on UM.

People have romanticized the OB into something it wasn't. I was in the OB every game in the first couple years of the Booch Davis era, and that place was dead, empty, and a mausoleum. There were games when there were maybe 3K people actually there.

****, the atmosphere was great yesterday. The only thing holding it back IMHO is the hesitancy on the part of a percentage of the fanbase to believe we are actually good again. One guy behind me yesterday asked if the QB was really this ****** about halfway through the first half. I told him to hang around for the end of the game.

****, the atmosphere was great yesterday. The only thing holding it back IMHO is the hesitancy on the part of a percentage of the fanbase to believe we are actually good again. One guy behind me yesterday asked if the QB was really this ****** about halfway through the first half. I told him to hang around for the end of the game.

Exactly. Our fans are basically sitting around waiting for something bad to happen because they're so shell shocked from the last 12 years.

Nah, Dude. It was always packed. We averaged 70,000 for nooners against Rutgers.

Yeahhhh, this revisionist history is starting to actually taint REAL nostalgia for The OB. Some people are obviously conflating the beautiful aesthetics of that place and it being conducive TO having a massive and very unique homefield advantage with it actually providing a CONSISTENT homefield advantage in relation to attendance- which it didn't.

mike-rumph-int-miami-1000.jpg

Advertisement

Nah, Dude. It was always packed. We averaged 70,000 for nooners against Rutgers.

Yeahhhh, this revisionist history is starting to actually taint REAL nostalgia for The OB. Some people are obviously conflating the beautiful aesthetics of that place and it being conducive TO having a massive and very unique homefield advantage to it actually providing a CONSISTENT homefield advantage in relation to attendance- which it didn't.

View attachment 52000

I was at the Buttgers game (right around 1997) when it was raining, and we were bad. There might have been 2k people there. I'm not exaggerating.

****, the atmosphere was great yesterday. The only thing holding it back IMHO is the hesitancy on the part of a percentage of the fanbase to believe we are actually good again. One guy behind me yesterday asked if the QB was really this ****ty about halfway through the first half. I told him to hang around for the end of the game.

Exactly. Our fans are basically sitting around waiting for something bad to happen because they're so shell shocked from the last 12 years.

I **** you not, we were walking out and some dude came up to me and warned against sleeping on Syracuse next week. We. Hadn't. Even. Exited. The. Stadium. Yet.

Some of our people need therapy.

Not living in Miami I can't really have an opinion on why the city doesn't come to the games. But when I go online to buy tickets to games, most sections are sold out. And then, when you watch the game, the place is 2/3 full, or less. Does being able to buy season tickets prior to the season for as low as 120 bucks hurt the attendance? Are people just buying season tickets to sell them for the big games, or just to attend the big games only, and staying home the rest of the season? Games like Notre Dame this year and FSU every other year come to mind.

Advertisement

****, the atmosphere was great yesterday. The only thing holding it back IMHO is the hesitancy on the part of a percentage of the fanbase to believe we are actually good again. One guy behind me yesterday asked if the QB was really this ****ty about halfway through the first half. I told him to hang around for the end of the game.

I **** you not, we were walking out and some dude came up to me and warned against sleeping on Syracuse next week. We. Hadn't. Even. Exited. The. Stadium. Yet.

Some of our people need therapy.

I stated this in another thread - if Miami is Miami again, then Hard Rock will be great. It fits the program, the city and has a great atmosphere when there are big games with an engaged crowd. And the tailgate scene is live. The renovations paid for by Ross are incredible. Let the city get behind a great product and that joint will be jumping

Miami people like an event. They tailgate so late so even when they get to their seat, they need a minute to regroup and start yelling. I can tell u one thing. When it got to the second half, that thing cranked up. I really don't care about national media. When they are talking about that, it means the team and the field is getting good. They never talk about the empty seats in trailerville and trailerhasse. There have been plenty this year.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Rutgers in '95? I was there, in the rain. We were 1-3. Announced crowd was like 19,000. It's was a freakin monsoon and everyone in the entire stadium moved under the overhang, that's how small the crowd was.

The stadium seats 65,000. We announced 55K yesterday, and probably had close to it. If we're competing for ACC titles every year and in the hunt for the playoff sometimes or more often than not, or whatever, while we're not going to get 65K every game, because we're just not, we're going to be just fine with attendance. We're going to get 45K (at least) for the Toledo's and Duke's and 55K for the GT's and 65K for the FSU, VT and ND. And, that's fine. 50K in HRS looks a lot better than 50K in the OB. It's also loud with the renovations.

Advertisement
I definitely made a mistake these past years. Had a f*ckin great time!! Will be back for Syracuse next week.

a3618d1242184f88a05776f461f8a208.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It was a lot more full than that. Everyone was still taking a **** or getting beer if that's the 2nd half kickoff, but way to post a pic that the national media and rival fans can post to bash us. There were a legit 50K there. Crowd was listed at 55K +

Why do we as Canes fans care so much about what the national media and rivals fans have to say? We're a small private school with a limited alumni base. Everyone knows this already. Not much more they can do or say to hurt the team anymore especially when we're winning.

You think I posted this pic for the media/opposing fans to LOL and schools negatively recruit against us? I didn't. I was enjoying my first game and wanted to take a picture of the kickoff.

I didn't say you posted it so they could do it, but you posted it, and they will do it. Why do I care? Because they do ******* do it, and whether you believe it or not, some ******* recruits do care about this ****, and I care about anything that hurts us.

Yeahhhh, this revisionist history is starting to actually taint REAL nostalgia for The OB. Some people are obviously conflating the beautiful aesthetics of that place and it being conducive TO having a massive and very unique homefield advantage with it actually providing a CONSISTENT homefield advantage in relation to attendance- which it didn't.

View attachment 52000

We were 3-3 in that game, and there were only 30,000 people there.

What Richt will do is recapture alot of these teenagers and early 20s who have never really seen Miami balling. It's about time. We lost a whole decade while UF and then FSU took over the state.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

This is spot on.

I definitely made a mistake these past years. Had a f*ckin great time!! Will be back for Syracuse next week.

a3618d1242184f88a05776f461f8a208.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It was a lot more full than that. Everyone was still taking a **** or getting beer if that's the 2nd half kickoff, but way to post a pic that the national media and rival fans can post to bash us. There were a legit 50K there. Crowd was listed at 55K +

Why do we as Canes fans care so much about what the national media and rivals fans have to say? We're a small private school with a limited alumni base. Everyone knows this already. Not much more they can do or say to hurt the team anymore especially when we're winning.

You think I posted this pic for the media/opposing fans to LOL and schools negatively recruit against us? I didn't. I was enjoying my first game and wanted to take a picture of the kickoff.

I didn't say you posted it so they could do it, but you posted it, and they will do it. Why do I care? Because they do ****ing do it, and whether you believe it or not, some ****ing recruits do care about this ****, and I care about anything that hurts us.

There were way more people in the stadium that that picture shows ... it was raucous and loud

Nothing like some rain to make the Kendall/Hialeah wannabe gangsters all rowdy.

I love the crowd shots and seeing these animals in their natural habitat.

I thought I burst a vessel when Langham caught that ball. It was the loudest since FSU last year, and that was LOUD! We drive 3 hours from Polk County to every home game, fill our four seats lol.

It is more like a pro game in the parking lot pre-game, but it's part of what Miami is all about.

Advertisement
Back