CMR: "We gotta fill that stadium" for Ga Tech game

If we can manage to stay unbeaten when Notre Dame comes, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Going to be insane.

For that matter, so will VagTech, which is before ND.

In November, that place is going to be Rockin’.

If ND and the U are both ranked in the Top 10, there’ll be **** to Pay when that game comes.

Advertisement
Sorry if that pic is messing with some people's heads. Like most have said, that was literally the beginning of the second half. It filled in afterwards.

This was during the last drive.
5b62181ea7f05b0c77dca86ff7654ba1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, was this Section 317? I'm flying in for the ND game and got tix in the first row, just trying to get a better visual of what I can expect.

Sorry if that pic is messing with some people's heads. Like most have said, that was literally the beginning of the second half. It filled in afterwards.

Out of curiosity, was this Section 317? I'm flying in for the ND game and got tix in the first row, just trying to get a better visual of what I can expect.
It was. Row 12.......you spying on me bruh?

People can stress themselves about this. I seen Sean Taylor highlights from the OB and it was still not filled. It is what it is. Until Miami either lower their tuition and/or expand it probably gonna be this way. I was there, it was loud. It was bad for my head though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
There is this perception that when we were winning championships, the OB was sold out and filled to capacity for Syracuse, WVU, etc....it was never the case. We don't have as many fans as other schools. Get over it and move on. They don't hand out trophys for fan attendance.

I definitely made a mistake these past years. Had a f*ckin great time!! Will be back for Syracuse next week.

a3618d1242184f88a05776f461f8a208.jpg

It was a lot more full than that. Everyone was still taking a **** or getting beer if that's the 2nd half kickoff, but way to post a pic that the national media and rival fans can post to bash us. There were a legit 50K there. Crowd was listed at 55K +

Just moved down from South Carolina a month ago and this was my first home game. Thoughts...... i have always been under the impression that there are no fans who go to these games(im thinking like going to a marlins game) and that could not have been further from the truth today. The picture above does not give the amount of people who were there justice. Stadium was alot more packed. I was walking down the stairs from the concession during the onside kick and i can confirm there were thousands of people getting food, in the bathroom, and in the team store when that kick happened. As a graduate of the University of South Carolina I went to alot of games when South Carolina was good(my college career included many great south carolina players like Clowney, Melvin Ingram, Alshon Jeffery, Stephone Gilmore, DJ Swearinger, Marcus Lattimore, Jared Cook, etc. including going 11-2 my junior and senior year). For comparison sake, you quickly notice Miami is not a college town there are not tens of thousands of college kids walking around it feels more like a professional game with people who love the team there more then kids who are there because this is where they go to college. The in game atmosphere for me personally was amazing. We originally bought the $6 tickets offline and were gonna sit in the top at the 50, I have an autistic bro and e lvoes going to the games and watching sports but doesnt always do great with big crowds, so we usally go to guest services and they will give us tickets in the handicapp section usually more room(previously only been for dolphins games). this game though we had five people and the lady really liked my brother so we were given tickets on the 45 yard line on the first row georgia tech side. Hate to sound like a complainer but wish the seats were a tad further up because when you are level with the players and georgia techs qb was shorter then the offensive line then it made for a tuff time seeing everything. Plus is pured on us but the atmosphere was awesome so I didnt care. Past that the experience was incredible, great game, great seats, stadium was def alive. It got loud which was a plesant suprise. It is a fun team to watch. Rosier needs to get a tad more accurate and we need to play more disciplined against the outside run but if your withing a couple hours make the trip you wont regret it. I came down from west Palm and def will be back next week. The rain made that game after that Miami started playing loose and Georgia Tech started playing not to lose. We won despite some bad coaching calls and some bad flags(the chop bllock on the berrios catch was terrible knocking us out of field goal range thank God for Langham) But as everyone else has preached if your in the area come out next week you wont regret it.

Gotta add some paragraphs in there man.

As I stated I went to the University of South Carolina, ill work on the paragraphs. lol

Advertisement
Need a stadium closer to Campus so badly. Stadium like Baylor would be the best case scenario but that would probably cost to much for UM consider that stadium is in Waco and not south florida but would be ideal. Maybe, Just maybe Richt can do what Briles did win get more booster to spent and donate for a stadium but we gotta really win. You know how UM fans do they want to start acting like real fans only when they win. I do hope we're exploring the beckham stadium option if he find a location.

On campus Stadium would kill attendance. Students aren't who go to um games.

Always thought the on campus stadium was what killed our attendance but I agree with this statement. Im not saying an on campus stadium campus would hurt attendance but having an on campus stadium would not necessarily help. As poster above said we may get some more college kids but you will lose some die hards who go to these games. Small College stadiums are fun as a kid but when you get older ill pick the comfort,beer, and good concessions all day.

It was. Row 12.......you spying on me bruh?

The other part that was impressive is that when it started pouring, and boy did it pour, a lot of fans stayed in their seats.

this was 104 right before the field goal and before the game started. Amazing. i think the stadium got louder when the rain started coming down.
20171014_190700_resized.jpg
20171014_153725_resized.jpg

Advertisement
Some fans left right when it started to rain, but a lot came back. It got louder and stayed loud. Crowd was announced at 55K. There at least 50K and probably close to 55K. We need the same, if not more for SU. This team deserves it.

Some fans left right when it started to rain, but a lot came back. It got louder and stayed loud. Crowd was announced at 55K. There at least 50K and probably close to 55K. We need the same, if not more for SU. This team deserves it.

50k sounds about right. Looked to be about 70-75% full to me. But even at 75% full it made for a good game day atmosphere. It might not quite be a recruiting selling point but also won't be a liability if we can maintain this type of attendance through the ACC schedule.

The crowd was fantastic yesterday. Die hards were out. I saw a fight on the escalater leaving the stadium. We're back!

Advertisement
Miami will never be able to recreate the atmosphere of the Orange Bowl. It was a real advantage for us. I wish the university would build its own venue and try to recapture that magic.

I definitely made a mistake these past years. Had a f*ckin great time!! Will be back for Syracuse next week.

a3618d1242184f88a05776f461f8a208.jpg

It was a lot more full than that. Everyone was still taking a **** or getting beer if that's the 2nd half kickoff, but way to post a pic that the national media and rival fans can post to bash us. There were a legit 50K there. Crowd was listed at 55K +

Why do we as Canes fans care so much about what the national media and rivals fans have to say? We're a small private school with a limited alumni base. Everyone knows this already. Not much more they can do or say to hurt the team anymore especially when we're winning.

You think I posted this pic for the media/opposing fans to LOL and schools negatively recruit against us? I didn't. I was enjoying my first game and wanted to take a picture of the kickoff.

Advertisement
Back