Cmr supporters

jsy

Recruit
There still seem to be quite a few posters who defend / slurp cmr

Why is it?

Is it:
1. Despite the current state of the program, declining recruiting, his previous history of not winning big, do you truly believe he’ll turn it around
2. Do you slurp him just to troll others like j jagr
3. Are you just a personal fan of his
4. Know he isn’t the answer but since he ain’t going nowhere just support him anyways

Advertisement
Boy, this thread is really set up for an open and objective discussion, huh? No agenda at all.

I don't consider myself a Richt defender or a Richt slurper, but you do realize it is possible to both be very disappointed and angry with the current state of the program and pin a lot of that blame on CMR and his staff, while at the same time not feeling firing him tomorrow and starting over with an entire new regime is in the best interest of the program right now, right?

But go ahead and down vote me and call me a slurper anyhow, as that's clearly what you want with this thread.

I just don't understand the acceptance of failure. There should be no one accepting his continued stewardship of this program. As the OBB's said in their podcast this week, we are 5-7 with those 5 wins coming against SSU, FIU, Toledo, UNC, and the worst FSU team in something like 40 years. In what world is this acceptable?

What, exactly, are we waiting for? The patient is bleeding out on the table and the surgeon just keeps cutting veins. It's time to stop the madness and bring in a triage nurse and a new surgeon to try and save the patient before it's too late.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Boy, this thread is really set up for an open and objective discussion, huh? No agenda at all.

I don't consider myself a Richt defender or a Richt slurper, but you do realize it is possible to both be very disappointed and angry with the current state of the program and pin a lot of that blame on CMR and his staff, while at the same time not feeling firing him tomorrow and starting over with an entire new regime is in the best interest of the program right now, right?

But go ahead and down vote me and call me a slurper anyhow, as that's clearly what you want with this thread.

I mean, please explain the path you see. I just can't see it, Elaine.

What is your rebuilding plan that includes keeping in charge the man who has lost all credibility with the fans, players, and recruits?

We're listening.

It's also important to the analysis to recognize that CMR is not being fired this year no matter how much people b-tch, how many banners fly, or how many of you boycott the team. That's just reality, whether that's a good thing or not. I think there will be changes mandated on him, and those changes are sorely needed; but unless he chooses to resign after this year, he will be our coach in 2019 and I believe likely well beyond that. So if you accept that as fact (which I have), then it's not matter of "accepting" the current state of affairs. How can anyone who gives a sh-t about this program "accept" where we are right now?!? But because I don't believe anything will result in him being fired right now (again, whether that's a good thing or not) I don't see what is to be gained by focusing all your energy on napalming anything and everything associated with CMR on a 24/7 basis.

You mean, this guy, who has had the opportunity to bring in as many as 75 of his own players, yet still insists on blaming the players for all of HIS failures?
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/richt-“you-need-60-great-players-to-win”.140049/

Advertisement
It's also important to the analysis that CMR is not being fired this year no matter how much people *****, how many banners fly, or how many of you boycott the team. That's just reality, whether that's a good thing or not. I think there will be changes mandated on him, and those changes are sorely needed; but unless he chooses to resign after this year, he will be our coach in 2019 and I believe likely well beyond that. So if you accept that as fact (which I have), then it's not matter of "accepting" the current state of affairs. How can anyone who gives a sh-t about this program "accept" where we are right now?!? But because I don't believe anything will result in him being fired right now (again, whether that's a good thing or not, I'm not advocating for either, I just believe it to be true) I don't see what is to be gained by focusing all your energy on napalming anything and everything associated with CMR on a 24/7 basis.

OK, again, explain why it is reasonable to accept this notion that he simply can't/won't be fired or demanded to retire with some sort of negotiated buyout after this season? No matter how bad it gets, we just have to accept this? By what rationale? And then what, just be happy about it and keep buying season tickets and donating to the program?

There is help for those in abusive relationships. Reach out, talk to someone. You do NOT have to stay!

OK, again, explain why it is reasonable to accept this notion that he simply can't/won't be fired or demanded to retire with some sort of negotiated buyout after this season? No matter how bad it gets, we just have to accept this? By what rationale? And then what, just be happy about it and keep buying season tickets and donating to the program?

There is help for those in abusive relationships. Reach out, talk to someone. You do NOT have to stay!
I didn't say it was reasonable to accept this notion. I am not a player in whether he gets fired or retained. I just genuinely don't believe he will be fired this off season even if we were to lose our last 3 games. Again, I'm not saying he SHOULDN'T be, so you don't need to jab at me personally like I'm the one making the call. But because I absolutely don't believe he WILL, again, I don't see the benefit in fanatically attacking CMR daily on every possible front you can think of.

So, you fall under 1 above.

You do have some faith that he’ll figure it out, or you wouldn’t see the value in giving him more time.

Advertisement
What a ridiculous thread, you'd be better off just starting a post "I'm looking for a fight".

I'll play along though.

1. I don't suddenly believe he's forgotten how to coach.
2. 2.5 seasons is not a good benchmark of whether he'll succeed or fail.
3. A regime change now would doom the program for a few reasons, the optics would be ridiculous from the outside. We've sucked for a long time and to expect an overnight turnaround would be viewed as completely unrealistic and keep quality coaches from coming on board. Our perception of ourselves is way out of kilter with the rest of CFB.

OP is looking for circle jerk buddies.

I just truly want to know how one can support such overt failure. It’s mind boggling esp since we’ve been here before with golden and we all know how it turned out. So how can you justify supporting this guy. There must be something I’m missing

Advertisement
The only way we can bring about change is the fans to unite. Cmr is causing a huge divide in the fan base and so I want to know what the others see that I don’t

Nobody’s slurping. It’s year 3 and some of us are realistic and know he’s not being fired today. No use *****ing about something that won’t happen

If he hires a good OC and ST coach before next season, I’ll be down. If not then next year the countdown will start

They are Hillary slurpers who must always respect the infalibility of Shalala and the liberals who ****ed our program.
Jagger and your Confederate Klansmen ilk are no Hillary or UM fans. Btw, how do you like Shalala smoking that Confederate Klanswoman?

Advertisement
Back