CMR Presser from today

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
[video=youtube;H2Dmnz8Ao6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Dmnz8Ao6k[/video]

You can see his comfort and confidence in this team growing.

Advertisement
"My plan right now is to give the QBs a normal jersey and play ball."

:rickflair2:

That tells you a couple things:

1. He's not worried about getting a QB dinged up because there are probably a few guys who are basically interchangeable;
2. He wants to see how a couple guys react to live conditions. Kaaya looked like a world beater wearing that red jersey in practice last year.

From the last 30 seconds of that video, it appears there is a leader for the QB position ...

I'm looking forward to reading the reports and impressions from the scrimmage. Especially if he really allows them to be "live". We'll see who can really make plays under fire, which is what we need to know.

Advertisement

1. He's not worried about getting a QB dinged up because there are probably a few guys who are basically interchangeable;
2. He wants to see how a couple guys react to live conditions. Kaaya looked like a world beater wearing that red jersey in practice last year.

#2 is where I'm at. He knows that "Kaaya Syndrome" is real and possibly contagious. Especially if you're looking for your QB to be more mobile, you want to see what they can/can't do when the bullets start flying. Also helps your defense deal with a legitimate moving target. As Richt put it "we want to know is it REALLY a sack or isn't it?"

Couldn't agree more

Advertisement

Sometimes it scares me when we think exactly alike.

Sheriffs is going to be the starter.

And meltdown will happen... Then we'll hear, "He only has the job until Perry arrives." We'll hear how no one else offered him a scholarship, how he can't throw 80 yards, you name it we will hear it.

Whoever wins the job, I hope they have a winner's attitude. Being the QB is more than throwing hard and putting up stats. They need to be a leader. Kaaya just never seemed to have that in him, and I hope whoever wins the job, does.

Mark Richt may let his quarterbacks get hit in scrimmage | Canes Watch

Something from "sources" who have seen practices:

Richt said there is separation between his quarterbacks, but he wouldn’t reveal who’s leading. Several sources who have observed practice told the Post that Rosier looks to be the most comfortable, which makes sense given his experience. Richt said he was “reserving [his] opinion until the scrimmage,” because someone may show him something they haven’t displayed in practice.

Richt said there is separation between his quarterbacks, but he wouldn’t reveal who’s leading. Several sources who have observed practice told the Post that Rosier looks to be the most comfortable, which makes sense given his experience. Richt said he was “reserving [his] opinion until the scrimmage,” because someone may show him something they haven’t displayed in practice.

Porter's sources also told him that Kaaya was coming back.

Advertisement

Porter is also a moron.

Do you really want to have us list every time one of your sources told you something that didn't turn out to be true? That's part of being a reporter. Sometimes a source gets it wrong. You've come back to the board issuing mea culpas more than a handful of times. Doesn't appear it made you any more self-aware.

Advertisement
Who do you think Richt was referring to as leading?

I think he could be referring to a couple guys that have separated themselves, not necessarily just 1. I've heard that Rosier and Shirreffs are taking more first team snaps than Allison right now.

Do you really want to have us list every time one of your sources told you something that didn't turn out to be true? That's part of being a reporter. Sometimes a source gets it wrong. You've come back to the board issuing mea culpas more than handful of times. Doesn't appear it made you any more self-aware.

I should have just said he's clueless.

Kind of relieved to hear someone is separating themselves to be honest. I'm a Allison/ perry guy so hopefully it's Allison this spring. I also like sherriffs too

Advertisement
Back