CMR on Joe Rose right now on the freshmen QB

I honestly think that his intention was to play The Freshman QBs against Toledo Saturday, but when our defense was giving up scoring drive after scoring drive in that third quarter it kind of pressed him to keep Malik in until late in the fourth quarter. If we can get and hold on to a comfortable lead after half-time vs fiu then we'll see the rest of the QBs.

Advertisement
I guess I didn't realize we throw to the TE's. We need linemen, that's the glaring difference between us and

Fair enough, but is it possible they are having to think too much instead of read and react, basic instinct football, using athleticism
i think McCloud should probably just be a DE. he even said he wants to play there. Pickney is not as good as he thinks he is. he seems like a bit of a headcase. he makes a good play, celebrates, he's totally inconsistent.

Cmr not concerned what anonymous posters want on this forum. He is doing what he feels is the correct strategy regarding young QBs. He is not going to change to satisfy your whims.

CMR shouldn't be concerned with what I say, sure. But he also shouldn't be propping up the backup QBs and simply not giving them a chance to play.

There's an old saying about how good QBs make bad OLs look good, while a bad QB can make a good OL look bad. There's a lot of truth to that. If your QB can keep a D honest, and keep them off balance, the entire O functions better. Right now good teams just tee off knowing Rosier can not beat them with his arm, and legs, alone. When he starts, IF he starts hitting passes downfield against them, they won't be able to focus on taking the run away. His consistency is non existent, and that is taking the whole O down a notch.
Yup, and they are gonna do that till he stops em

I honestly think that his intention was to play The Freshman QBs against Toledo Saturday, but when our defense was giving up scoring drive after scoring drive in that third quarter it kind of pressed him to keep Malik in until late in the fourth quarter. If we can get and hold on to a comfortable lead after half-time vs fiu then we'll see the rest of the QBs.
i bet if Knowles tried to grad transfer to toledo. they would be like "no thanks" lol that kid cant play anymore. he single-handily changes the momentum of the game.

Advertisement
Yup, and they are gonna do that till he stops em
People were saying that the Hokies and ND would beat us based on other games earlier last season.
Predictions based on what we see early in the season are fun but games and match ups are different as they come closer.
All we can do is watch the games week by week and see if there is progress.

I’ll say this about Malik.

The people who praise him do so because of the 10-0 start. And reaching the ACCCG for the first time. Here’s the worst part that’s so sad and pathetic.

Miami with this weak *** division we play should have been a lock for the ACC coastal since we joined.

We have out recruited everyone. I also felt we should have been regulars in the title game as opposed to VT or GT. Our “season” will continue to come down to the VT game as far as the coastal is concerned.

So I don’t give him that much credit our schedule has been a joke for years. And Miami wins no less than 9-10 games a season with competent coaching.

I want to see how the season develops before I can dully agree with this paragraph. A lot can happen between now and the next time we play a good team.
I was hoping a lot would happen between Wisconsin and out next good opponent, but I was pretty disappointed.

I listen to the Rose show every Monday and I'm a strong believer that even if Rosier was a potential 1st round NFL pick we must get or back ups experience/playing time. Today CMR was very clear, sounded committed that the freshman QBs to develop further just need to play. Last week he just talked about the way the QBs played against Savanna St.
The difference is we would have scored more points with a first round qb!

Rosier is the qb. It will clearly take a lot to lose his job.

If CMR had been at Uga when Eason went down, Eason would be starting again now. So Frohm and Fields would be on the bench.

That is CMR . . . got to take the good with the bad right . . .

Advertisement
I don't think we will see the Freshman QBs vs FIU. I fully expect FIU to roll Miami up by 45......according to these Butch Davis ****suckers on this site.

No poster here has predicted FIU to beat Miami. Furthermore, no poster here has said they are rooting for FIU over Miami. You're just a clown, who likes to make up bull****.

I was hoping a lot would happen between Wisconsin and out next good opponent, but I was pretty disappointed.
We all were.
Hopefully we do a lot better against the next good opponent whoever it may be but I am just focused on FIU and care about what we do against them.

I don't think we will see the Freshman QBs vs FIU. I fully expect FIU to roll Miami up by 45......according to these Butch Davis ****suckers on this site.
Give the botch groupies ****. They are living in the past. No decent college wanted to hire him after unc dismissal. Persona non grata. Insider college administrations know the truth about botch.

Against FIU we should see all 4 hopefully.

I really hope he narrows it down to Rosier and a single backup if we are at that point in this game. We dont need to keep seeing all four. We need to get someone ready in case rosier goes down.

Advertisement
Malik was Malik on Saturday; an obvious better runner than passer. At this point I’m not sure putting Perry in as the starter or Williams or Weldon is going to truly make a difference in team play or a victory that Rosier can’t get for us anyways. I wish we had a QB challenge on our hands but alas we don’t. Is that coaching issues or is it the truly aren’t ready for anything but mop up duty at this point. I pray we’re up on several more opponents this season as such that we get to see the backups play some more so we can evaluate if they’re improving or not.
I'm gonna revisit that comment when we go to Blacksburg. Let's pray upon any lil star that our blitz packages will be effective for that game.

The difference is we would have scored more points with a first round qb!

Rosier is the qb. It will clearly take a lot to lose his job.

If CMR had been at Uga when Eason went down, Eason would be starting again now. So Frohm and Fields would be on the bench.

That is CMR . . . got to take the good with the bad right . . .
have you seen the guys track record with QB's? i have been bashing him lately but seriously, the guy turns almost every qb he has into an All Conference player. Perry and Williams were 4 stars and Jake Allison left. he didnt recruit kaaya or rosier. i mean enough is enough.

I really hope he narrows it down to Rosier and a single backup if we are at that point in this game. We dont need to keep seeing all four. We need to get someone ready in case rosier goes down.
It could turn out to be that it is just Kosi. But Richt may want to see more game action from Cade and Williams too.
I am not sure.
And as others have pointed out it could just be Rosier if the game does not go the way I expect and we are in a dog fight for a few quarters.

Advertisement

Miami... - 26 1/2

I expect the line to move by at least a point by game day. Maybe two points.

God I hate doing this; but as I’m watching the Bama v. Ole Miss game, a comment was made about Ole Miss’ O Coordinator/QB coach.

The comment was made that at Ole Miss, they evenly rep the 1’s w the starting QB and # 2 QB. One reason is b/c they want to make sure if anything happens to the starter, the back up can come in anytime and play the same way, if not better (see Syracuse as an example).

Second, they want to make sure the starter knows at any time he can lose his spot so it keeps friendly competition at a high (although Ole Miss still sucks, lol)

Richt is doing a severe injustice to our back up QBs. He’s the one that’s putting a leash on everything.

Advertisement
Back