CMR on Joe Rose right now on the freshmen QB

Tell me all you want about Perry being dumb and Weldon being a drug addict and Alison being a **** and this and that and everything in between. Year 3. If you can’t get a better QB ready than Rosier in year 3 either via freshmans or a transfer, then you’ve botched the QB situation.

I’m not one of those mush heads who think the season is over. But we need much better QB play if we are going to win the Coastal and make noise in the ACCCG. And Rick’s supposed expertise is QBs. I’m not impressed with his acumen with QBs over the last 6 years or so.
I'm not in complete disagreement, but some of this falls on these kids. I don't think Perry's dumb, but anyone who's ever seen a football game should have been able to look at his tape and see that he was mainly just chunking it up to wide open guys and knew he would take time to develop. I didn't follow Weldon's recruitment too closely, so I don't know much about him other than he seems to keep having issues that prevent him from being a full participant in the QB discussion.

I think Richt botched the QB position by not doing enough to keep Allison. That probably means we never get Williams, however, so I'm hoping hindsight eventually proves me wrong on that. The only problem with that, though is that we're stuck with Rosier until one of Perry or Weldon take the next step in their development.

Perry looked close against SSU. He's tall enough to see over the line, and that allows him to use the middle of the field which is something that Rosier simply cannot do. I was really hoping to see him cut it loose against Toledo, but when that snap hit him in the hands and went over his head, you'd have to be a fool to think Richt was going to call another pass and risk a turnover.

We needed to win BIG, and we did. Last season we beat them 52-30 when they had an NFL QB. How could we say we've progressed if they score late and we only beat them 42-31 with a first year starting QB?

Advertisement
USC went with their true freshman #1 qb in the country and they got embarrassed by a weak Texas team that lost to a Maryland team that got blown out by Temple. I think this staff has enough experience to make the best decision regarding this team.

USC went with their true freshman #1 qb in the country and they got embarrassed by a weak Texas team that lost to a Maryland team that got blown out by Temple. I think this staff has enough experience to make the best decision regarding this team.
Nebraska went with a true freshman as well. Lost their other two QBs to transfer, then the starter got injured in a loss. Now they be fvcked.

His offense is more complex. No looking to the sideline and getting the checks from the OC. You step to the line and run the team with tempo. Unfortunately Malik is what he is and limits the offense to some degree. You'll see higher level offense when a more talented QB who understands the system runs it differently. Jarren is almost there and we need to continue to recruit talent players at that position.
I respectfully disagree, I played lb until I was 23, watched a ton of film, and when I watch our O I see nothing complex. Another poster in this thread, who did not play ball, picked where the ball was going 80% of the time, that's not complex. I have seen nothing from Perry that would scare anyone, although he has more upside than Rosier. Williams looks more like a big time QB than anybody I have seen, I don't care how old he is it don't matter. I would put a package together for him, and if he's as smart as I think he is he will be just fine. I don't know about Weldon smoking pot, but most college kids smoke it, I guess if Richt wants to punish him for it that's his business, but is he gonna bench him the whole year, I mean what's the deal there. My opinion means nothing but imo Williams is the future, we may have to take some licks but I would get that kid on the field as soon as I could. I thought after LSU the next 3 games would be good to let em play, thing is Richt needs 100 point lead to make a move. I just don't put a lot of stock in Perry, first sign of trouble he hauls ***, and I don't like that

Advertisement
People complaining about Kosi not slinging the ball in Toledo.
Teams usually just hand the ball off when they are up by that much with little time left to play in the 4th quarter.
I don't know of any coaches who would be going 5 wide and gunning it down the field in that circumstance.
Ah. Didn't we just play Savannah State last week? All 4 QBs were throwing the bal despite being ahead by 50+. Teams do that early in the season and opposing coaches know that the opposition is just getting their guys reps. So, there was no reason that Perry shouldn't have been throwing the football.

I respectfully disagree, I played lb until I was 23, watched a ton of film, and when I watch our O I see nothing complex. Another poster in this thread, who did not play ball, picked where the ball was going 80% of the time, that's not complex. I have seen nothing from Perry that would scare anyone, although he has more upside than Rosier. Williams looks more like a big time QB than anybody I have seen, I don't care how old he is it don't matter. I would put a package together for him, and if he's as smart as I think he is he will be just fine. I don't know about Weldon smoking pot, but most college kids smoke it, I guess if Richt wants to punish him for it that's his business, but is he gonna bench him the whole year, I mean what's the deal there. My opinion means nothing but imo Williams is the future, we may have to take some licks but I would get that kid on the field as soon as I could. I thought after LSU the next 3 games would be good to let em play, thing is Richt needs 100 point lead to make a move. I just don't put a lot of stock in Perry, first sign of trouble he hauls ***, and I don't like that

C'mon man...

Malik is running the offense and Richt caters his calls to the QB. So with all due respect, sitting on your couch and saying Richt's offense is "nothing complex" negates the fact that the person running it is SEVERELY limited. As far as another poster on the thread, "who did not play ball", he's no less qualified under the circumstances than you are. Neither of you know the play call from Richt, the checks Malik makes, or how he processes after the snap.

I agree it may be easier after you learn and truly understand Richt's offense, but therein lies the challenge of acquiring knowledge and understanding before you can try to execute whatever version fits your skillset. That said, there are easier offenses throughout CFB that rely on pure athleticism or looking to the sideline for checks that eliminate the processing QBs need to have, but Richt's offense is based on timing, footwork, accuracy, setting protection and actually reading defenses without help from the sidelines.

I otherwise agree with the gist of your post and hope to see the Jarrens, Robert Burns, and Gurvan Halls of the world get more PT.

Last edited:
Ah. Didn't we just play Savannah State last week? All 4 QBs were throwing the bal despite being ahead by 50+. Teams do that early in the season and opposing coaches know that the opposition is just getting their guys reps. So, there was no reason that Perry shouldn't have been throwing the football.

there's a difference between being up 25 with 8 minutes to go and being up 25 with 48 minutes to go.

Advertisement
It’s not year 3 for Perry, Weldon, or Williams.
When Perry got here he couldn’t tell a playbook from a comic book. Weldon is smoking pot in the bathroom and going face deep in some trashy sorority girl’s ***. Neither of these have shown maturity or willingness to take this opportunity seriously. Weldon can’t stay on the field, and in 9 scrimmages, Perry has broken 50% passing once and has twice as many turnovers as TDs. Not to mention he has problems handling the most basic part of playing QB, the center exchange, and still lowers his eyes too soon and chooses to freelance rather than run the play.

Williams just got here, and he already seems to have more above the neck than the other two, but you can’t possibly expect him to be more competent running our offense behind this soft *** line than a guy who’s been in the system three years.

Kaaya leaving early and Allison listening to his cvnt dad and transferring to WVU to sit on his *** rather than competing for a starting job here is what fvcked us.

Rosier should have never been the starter here. Richt said he’d never play here. And for two years he’s practically begged someone to grow the fvck up and take control of this team.

wow! This!!!!

Nebraska went with a true freshman as well. Lost their other two QBs to transfer, then the starter got injured in a loss. Now they be fvcked.

People don't seem to understand this concept. Unless Jarren is far enough along to help us win a national championship THIS SEASON, like a Tua or Kyler Murray good, there's absolutely no reason to burn a shirt on this kid. Next year and the years after will be his.

I hear you but the history of Miami doesn’t support the “get the backups time” line of thinking. It makes sense, but Kosar, Testeverde, Erickson, Walsh and even Kaaya had limited or no snaps in the year before starting.

If the backups can’t beat out Rosier, then Miami should probably go looking for other QBs.

If the backups can't beat Rosier than we are ****ED next year. Imagine trotting out a QB worse than him.

People don't seem to understand this concept. Unless Jarren is far enough along to help us win a national championship THIS SEASON, like a Tua or Kyler Murray good, there's absolutely no reason to burn a shirt on this kid. Next year and the years after will be his.
Whenever he's shown to be good enough to beat out Rosier he should start. I don't care if it's this week, next week, or next year. The best man needs to be the one getting the snaps.

But first Williams has to get past *** Eyes and Can't Get Right on the depth chart. I absolutely believe he will be the more complete weapon of all the options once he gets the system down. He will start climbing up the depth chart, and when he's #2, Rosier is toast.

Advertisement
His offense is more complex. No looking to the sideline and getting the checks from the OC. You step to the line and run the team with tempo. Unfortunately Malik is what he is and limits the offense to some degree. You'll see higher level offense when a more talented QB who understands the system runs it differently. Jarren is almost there and we need to continue to recruit talent players at that position.

You are the same ****** that thought Taggart is a great coach so anything you say should not be taken seriously.

If the backups can't beat Rosier than we are ****ED next year. Imagine trotting out a QB worse than him.
Williams is not worse than Rosier, per say. He just doesn't know enough about what we're doing yet to get past two guys who've tried and failed for over a year to get past Rosier.

Advertisement

16OV.gif

Williams is not worse than Rosier, per say. He just doesn't know enough about what we're doing yet to get past two guys who've tried and failed for over a year to get past Rosier.

Even as a true Fresh. If he is that bad that Rosier, the worst D1 QB I have ever seen, is still starting over him then we have problems. We would be better off with whatever tiny bit of playbook Jarren knows over Malik with the whole playbook if he can't throw the ball even close to the player.

Advertisement
Back