Clinton Portis Guilty of Fraud (Update, post #40)

He should be thankful that's all he got... Fed's don't mess around... He coulda got hammered bad...

Advertisement
Guess this just goes to show … sheriff gonna getcha

1641502812337.jpeg

Seems like the punishment fits the crime. 6 mos is fair. Although the fraud ring was responsible for 2.9 million in false insurance claims - Portis was responsible for less than $100,000. Crime - yes. Punishable - for sure but 3-10 years would be harsh for less than $100,000. He will probably do half that time.

Advertisement
Seems like the punishment fits the crime. 6 mos is fair. Although the fraud ring was responsible for 2.9 million in false insurance claims - Portis was responsible for less than $100,000. Crime - yes. Punishable - for sure but 3-10 years would be harsh for less than $100,000. He will probably do half that time.
In the feds you doing your whole bid

Advertisement
Go rob a gas station and get away with several hundred dollars, long *** sentence.

Defraud a Healthcare program to the tune of 100k, do six months.

Weird *** justice system and he should've been given the maximum along with everyone else.

People can be really dumb and I don't care that he's a former Cane. Maybe he shouldn't have been buying all the clown suits he used to run around in and saved that money instead.

Robbing gas stations often includes violence and workers gittin killed. So there is that.

I'm talking straight up armed robbery. No violence, purely a stick up and grab.

You add to it, you're in for life or longer.

So no, non-violent theft will get you 10 to 20x the time and you booster 100x less.

Advertisement
I'm talking straight up armed robbery. No violence, purely a stick up and grab.

You add to it, you're in for life or longer.

So no, non-violent theft will get you 10 to 20x the time and you booster 100x less.
Armed robbery is considered violent crime my man. Robbery by threat of violence that person will use said weapon… It’s a infinitely more dangerous situation.

Sure, maybe the robber thinks he would never use it. But what if a bystander tries to intervene? Or the clerk grabs a bat? Oh ****, gotta shot/stab/bash him to protect my self. The scenarios for bloodshed are endless, hence why that charge carries such a heavy sentence.

Go rob a gas station and get away with several hundred dollars, long *** sentence.

Defraud a Healthcare program to the tune of 100k, do six months.

Weird *** justice system and he should've been given the maximum along with everyone else.

People can be really dumb and I don't care that he's a former Cane. Maybe he shouldn't have been buying all the clown suits he used to run around in and saved that money instead.
Judges decide the sentencing. Also, people that “rob a gas station” usually have a firearm so it’s considered a violent crime. You can’t really compare the two.

Did he make a mistake, yep. Now he’s paying for it.

Advertisement
Armed robbery is considered violent crime my man. Robbery by threat of violence that person will use said weapon… It’s a infinitely more dangerous situation.

Sure, maybe the robber thinks he would never use it. But what if a bystander tries to intervene? Or the clerk grabs a bat? Oh ****, gotta shot/stab/bash him to protect my self. The scenarios for bloodshed are endless, hence why that charge carries such a heavy sentence.

I get all of that. In principle though, it's still just theft if that's all that occurs.

Yes, the likelihood of violence is higher with a weapon involved, but that doesn't matter if it isn't used in sentencing.

****, do it on the street, doesn't matter and you get a purse or a wallet. Nobody is hurt, just a loss of money and the inconvenience of time to replace it all.

No weapon involved, the robber is doing more time while this ******* literally defrauded the government intentionally to the tune of 100k. He gets six months and that's a crock of ****.

Armed robbery usually starts at 10 years in my state and the use of a firearm or other weapon justifies long sentences, IMO. Using a weapon to rob IS a violent crime whether it is actually used beyond the threat to use it ore not.
Exactly. That's probably why you never hear of anyone getting arrested for robbing a gas station because they simply asked the clerk for all of the money in the till.

I get all of that. In principle though, it's still just theft if that's all that occurs.

Yes, the likelihood of violence is higher with a weapon involved, but that doesn't matter if it isn't used in sentencing.

****, do it on the street, doesn't matter and you get a purse or a wallet. Nobody is hurt, just a loss of money and the inconvenience of time to replace it all.

No weapon involved, the robber is doing more time while this ******* literally defrauded the government intentionally to the tune of 100k. He gets six months and that's a crock of ****.
Dude.... the Federal Government is intentionally defrauding you and I every single day. Why aren't you griping about that?

Advertisement
Back