Cleveland Reed hits the Portal

He has already used his redshirt. Entering the portal now does nothing for him. He still has to sit out next year regardless. He could have played the season out, competed for and possibly earned a starting job here and worst case scenario transferred after the season. I have no idea why he would do this now.

There's a blatant shift in the type of linemen the current staff prefers compared to the previous guys. Given the previous guys' results, I'll have to give the benefit of the doubt to our current coaches.
He probably got yelled at at practice and made an impulsive decision like the other lame quitter D. Smith.

Advertisement
Any offensive lineman in that room will tell you he a top 3 guard on the team from Gaynor on down
The OL ain't good enough to talk about ****. Not one All ACC 2nd team member not one 1st team.. Nothing Zilch zero

This was a kid we were clamoring for, but now he’s trash? Could it possibly be our player development hasn’t been up to snuff? We were happy w this portal situation, but now this chit is coming back on us.
What does a freshman OL quitting the team have to do with us developing players? That’s usually a developmental position, and he decided he didn’t want to develop.

It’s hard to say we can’t develop OL when we have two true freshmen OL acquitting themselves well.

Martell left OSU … probably not the best example; but like Tom Brady, is a great example in another sense: sometimes … it’s not just about you. Fields (and Henson) has guarantees that no amount of work would’ve fully undone (And Brady was a starter).

I’m all for the portal and doubly so for transferring. Any kid would be stupid to stay where he’s unhappy and a moron for willingly being “quality depth” or a tackling dummy if he believed he could/should start or had aspirations to go to the league.

Miami ain’t for everybody and it doesn’t make him a ***** for leaving.

Plus, remember DJ Johnson? He’s listed as third string at Oregon. Had he still been at Miami and not progressed, it’s possible that Miami doesn’t get Harvey or the NY kids. Transferring is good for all parties.
Good speech. As for me and my house, if a player or fan chooses to no longer be about The U, my family will only have one thought towards them....

InfatuatedBogusJaguar-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Why leave during the semester tho? He's already used his redshirt year so he cant get an extra year of eligibility. Why not stay in school, focus on getting your degree, and transfer as a graduate. If he transfers now he has to sit a year unless he can get a waiver.
Should have just played out the season and then transferred if that’s what he wanted to do. School has started for everyone and it’s not like anyone is accepting kids this late in the semester so what is he going to do?

What does a freshman OL quitting the team have to do with us developing players? That’s usually a developmental position, and he decided he didn’t want to develop.

It’s hard to say we can’t develop OL when we have two true freshmen OL acquitting themselves well.

B/c our players are not developing besides a handful. It’s been discussed ad nauseum here. And these freshman OL are still struggling which is u we are going max protect against a team like BCU

B/c our players are not developing besides a handful. It’s been discussed ad nauseum here. And these freshman OL are still struggling which is u we are going max protect against a team like BCU
LOL. It’s been discussed on here by a bunch of miserable nerds who know nothing but whining and crying.

We’re they supposed to strap Quitland Reed to a board and force him to stay and get developed? He quit. Like Bobby Brown said it’s his prerogative to be a quitting bytch 3 games into his freshman season. It’s my prerogative to call him a gaped **** for quitting 3 games into a season.

Coaches make plenty of mistakes. But when you blame them for not developing a freshman OL who opted to quit 3 games into his freshman season, especially when they’ve done a pretty good job getting 2 true freshmen ready to play, you look like an axe grinding rube.

To get developed you gotta actually stick around for the...you know...development.

Advertisement
LOL. It’s been discussed on here by a bunch of miserable nerds who know nothing but whining and crying.

We’re they supposed to strap Quitland Reed to a board and force him to stay and get developed? He quit. Like Bobby Brown said it’s his prerogative to be a quitting bytch 3 games into his freshman season. It’s my prerogative to call him a gaped **** for quitting 3 games into a season.

Coaches make plenty of mistakes. But when you blame them for not developing a freshman OL who opted to quit 3 games into his freshman season, especially when they’ve done a pretty good job getting 2 true freshmen ready to play, you look like an axe grinding rube.

To get developed you gotta actually stick around for the...you know...development.

So let me get this str8; u think our player development have been on par? F Reed for a min, b/c Reed is another casualty of the proverbial, “he suck, that’s y he left” theory. I’m talking about our player development in general...this ain’t the first time a freshman or freshmen have taken over spots previously occupied or in line to be taken by an upper classman.

Dumb decision by Reed. He’ll end up at the same program as that hyped WR whose name I have forgotten already #84. Stoopit voices in stoopit ears. These kids gotta rid themselves of their fast food attitudes.

Go Canes!

Slow night lots of drama .The kid is gone move on. It's not debatable like the 80% of these guys we may never know about them. There is a reason why the system works. For the most part a player Portal is a abberration.

Advertisement
So let me get this str8; u think our player development have been on par? F Reed for a min, b/c Reed is another casualty of the proverbial, “he suck, that’s y he left” theory. I’m talking about our player development in general...this ain’t the first time a freshman or freshmen have taken over spots previously occupied or in line to be taken by an upper classman.
The discussion is about Reed. That’s the problem with this place. Every discussion turns into a referendum against the coaches.

I’m not sure what these coaches will do with the talent we have because they’ve only been in their spots for 3 games. I don’t care what the previous coaches did and won’t hold that against these guys.

As for “development” it’s way overblown. Recruit great talent, and they’ll develop and go to the NFL. Sabag isn’t some genius developer. He buys the best talent and then wins the most and puts the most guys in the league. There’s no magic potion or secret sauce.

Clark is eventually the C after Gaynor leaves. Miami should probably take 3 to 4 Gs and at least 3 Ts this cycle. Thats a minimum of 6 OL & we have 3 currently committed.

IMO you never take 3-4 guards. You recruit tackles and only a handful of high-end guards. The tackles that don't succeed outside can kick inside (Campbell).

If you recruit that many interior guys and miss on a tackle, you are screwed. It's the exact position we are currently in.

Advertisement

Our development has not been on par.

That said, Barry has been here what, 8 months? How much developing can one do in that time with a new team and new system? Oline takes time, especially kids who are poorly coached in HS. Most of the Florida HS games i watch are poorly coached. They are compensated like those coaches in Texas and it shows. These kids need to realize which positions take time.....time learning technique, time in the weight room molding their bodies and getting stronger.

Lol Quitland Reed! That’s right up there with some of your other gems like Tedarrell “Turdbarrel“ Slaton and Josh “Kaindoh’s Cuck” Jobe.

You realize we are still far under the 85 scholarship players? Right?

Reed is a young player I was hoping to see get coached up and contribute in year 3 or 4.
Me too. Sorry to see him go, but I'm not going to overestimate his value either.

If someone wants to transfer, that's fine. No hard feelings.

Advertisement
Back