Clemson Series

You should be ashamed that you made such an irrational post.

Me: "Al Golden needs to be fired."

You: "If he was winning championships you wouldn't be saying that."

NO. KIDDING.

You're just unhinged and making really stupid arguments.

Al Golden never finished 5th in the country and had a team nearly as good as last year's baseball team.

Don't be silly and make any more asinine comparisons.

Advertisement
Are you trolling? The whole point is that we DON'T win championships anymore. If we were still a championship program, of course no one would be complaining. IT'S THE WHOLE F'ING POINT.

That's called playing the result. The team would have been no different had they beat Florida and won the championship series against Virginia. They were #1 in the RPI and a top 5 team offensively.

But since they lost before the championship series you made all kind of stupid claims about their numbers being meaningless. Had they won then all of the sudden your claims would have never been made.

Same numbers. Same team. Slightly different outcome.

Then you would have love that team.

It's laughable.

The numbers ARE meaningless. They were meaningless last year and they are meaningless this year. How are you getting this mixed up?

To summarize:
YOU like to point to regular season accomplishments, like finishing high in a flawed ranking system.
I like to compete for championships.

Don't confuse the two. And I will be here reminding you of this discussion in June when you defend our post-season losses with another RPI argument.

No, being a #3 seed and playing in the Sweet 16 is not being in the conversation for a championship. That's where your standards have fallen.

How have the standards fallen? The Sweet 16 is the farthest the program has ever advanced! They lost to a higher seeded (and better) team.

More proof of how delusional you are.

Holy %&$% are you retarded. We were talking about PLAYING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP, not ADVANCING AS FAR AS WE EVER HAVE. You really don't see the difference, do you?

Our athletic teams are a thousand miles from winning championships. What we would like is to at least be in the conversation every now and then.

So our formerly dormant basketball program has gone to the Sweet 16 twice in 4 years (a great achievement) and our baseball team won 50 games and played in the College World Series. But those teams were not in the conversion somehow.

The football program just hired it's first proven coach in 25 years too.

Yeah. You've got your finger on the pulse of this athletic department.

No, being a #3 seed and playing in the Sweet 16 is not being in the conversation for a championship. That's where your standards have fallen. Nowadays if we survive a round of post-season play we are playing for a championship in your mind.

Please name an athletic program in America that is better than ours at the moment in the three major sports. I'll hang up and listen.

Kansas is awful at football
MSU maybe but they lost in the first round
Carolina?
Oregon?
UVA is awful at football
OU isn't good at baseball
A&M "fizzled" in the tourney

Those are the basketball teams in the top 25 that have respectable basketball and baseball programs. In your world, we should be winning championships every year in every sport. Seriously, go drink bleach or something.

Advertisement
In your world, we should be winning championships every year in every sport.

Keep saying this so that we know who the imbeciles are. For the 57th time, no one is expecting to win a championship every year, we would like to play for a championship in some years.

Our athletic teams are a thousand miles from winning championships. What we would like is to at least be in the conversation every now and then.

So our formerly dormant basketball program has gone to the Sweet 16 twice in 4 years (a great achievement) and our baseball team won 50 games and played in the College World Series. But those teams were not in the conversion somehow.

The football program just hired it's first proven coach in 25 years too.

Yeah. You've got your finger on the pulse of this athletic department.

No, being a #3 seed and playing in the Sweet 16 is not being in the conversation for a championship. That's where your standards have fallen. Nowadays if we survive a round of post-season play we are playing for a championship in your mind.

Please name an athletic program in America that is better than ours at the moment in the three major sports. I'll hang up and listen.

North Carolina is in the Final Four in basketball, won the Coastal division in football while beating the brakes off of us, and baseball has played in 6 of the last 10 world series. Seriously, if you're going to throw a challenge out there, make sure I can't demolish it in ten seconds.

This "best athletic department in the country" that you're trying to sell to us hasn't won a bowl game in 10 years, has won three single CWS games in 10 years, and has two Sweet Sixteen appearances in 10 years.

Epic. Can't hold us down.

The numbers ARE meaningless. They were meaningless last year and they are meaningless this year. How are you getting this mixed up?

But if they had won the championship you wouldn't have made any of your silly comments about the numbers being wrong or any of that nonsense.

So you let the outcome of a small sample size change your entire outlook on the season.

Advertisement

But if they had won the championship you wouldn't have made any of your silly comments about the numbers being wrong or any of that nonsense.

So you let the outcome of a small sample size change your entire outlook on the season.

Again, if we win the championship, the staff would have done a great job of recruiting, developing, and managing the pressure of the post-season. Of course there wouldn't be complaints. The fact that we don't come close to championships anymore means that something has failed in one of those areas.

Again, if we win the championship, the staff would have done a great job of recruiting, developing, and managing the pressure of the post-season. Of course there wouldn't be complaints.

So 50 wins and a CWS appearance and the staff is terrible.

But if they had won 54 games and won the CWS then they would've done a great job.

You are a clown deluxe.

Again, if we win the championship, the staff would have done a great job of recruiting, developing, and managing the pressure of the post-season. Of course there wouldn't be complaints.

So 50 wins and a CWS appearance and the staff is terrible.

But if they had won 54 games and won the CWS then they would've done a great job.

You are a clown deluxe.

Where did I say "terrible"? If we're going to do this, please stick to what I actually write.

I think we were overrated, overseeded, and fortunate to get to Omaha, but I never said we were terrible.

Advertisement
I think we were overrated, overseeded, and fortunate to get to Omaha, but I never said we were terrible.

You also argued 15 games into the season that the RPI was awful and 'inaccurate' because Gonzaga was 12th while the ISR had them (more accurately you said) at 27th.

Well fast forward three weeks and it looks like this.

RPI: 30
ISR: 31

Just as I said. The more games that were played the closer to the two ratings would track each other.

It's quite obvious that you don't have a clue about any of this stuff.

Advertisement

You also argued 15 games into the season that the RPI was awful and 'inaccurate' because Gonzaga was 12th while the ISR had them (more accurately you said) at 27th.

Well fast forward three weeks and it looks like this.

RPI: 30
ISR: 31

Just as I said. The more games that were played the closer to the two ratings would track each other.

It's quite obvious that you don't have a clue about any of this stuff.

Having TCU at #15 is absurd. The ISR has them at #4 which is more realistic.

Having TCU at #15 is absurd. The ISR has them at #4 which is more realistic.

And we'll revisit this later, you know, when it actually matters. You'll look like a clown then too.

And by what standard do you say that they're 4th and not 15th? The ISR? So your using the ISR as both the source and proof?

TCU lost a series to Texas just last week.

Having TCU at #15 is absurd. The ISR has them at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 [/URL] which is more realistic.

And we'll revisit this later, you know, when it actually matters. You'll look like a clown then too.

And by what standard do you say that they're 4th and not 15th? The ISR? So your using the ISR as both the source and proof?

TCU lost a series to Texas just last week.

So if you lose a series you can't be #4 ?

Advertisement
Back