Clemson Series

Unfortunately for you this Jim Morris coached team will probably keep winning.

But make no mistake. If we had lost to Clemson you wouldn't need to wait until the postseason. You'd be ripping them right now. Funny how that works. If they win it's no big deal. If they lose then you told us so.

Yep. This is exactly what losers like TCgrad and Tampacane are doing. They just highlight the negatives, and it's no big deal that we won.

Sweeping a Clemson team that has the best hitter in college baseball is a big deal.

I swear, the expectations on here are ridiculous. People think we should win a national title in every sport, and anything less is a failure. Guess what, making the Sweet 16 is a huge success, making the CWS is a huge success. If you disagree, you really need to get some perspective on life.

I understand where you guys are coming from but I'm looking at the bigger picture. Yes Clemson does have the best player in college baseball but he killed us. We have to be a better overall team to make serious run. IMO we need a 4th hitter who can protect Collins and our pitchers have to learn to make less pitches.

I get some people only see the results and I'm not saying that's bad but I look a little deeper. Doing this off memory but the 3 best teams we've played have all been home series and IMO I'm a little worried about the depth of this team. If we had another power hitter behind Collins and a true dominate #1 then it would be easier to overlook some of the other faults.

The team definitely has holes. Starting pitching has not been great and doesnt go deep into games. We need Cooper Hammond back big time. We play very good D, draw a lot of walks which makes up for the lack of power on the team.

I don't think Tampacane21 has said anything that isnt correct but Antwan/Jagr is a joke and should be on everyone's ignore list.

The defense and patience at the plate have been pleasant surprises.

Agree. It's one of the reasons they have won so far this year. But with the limitations we have in starting pitching they need Heyward, Abreu, and Barr hitting over .300 for this team to be a real threat in the post-season. And the running game has been straight sub-par too.

Advertisement
Would have been nice to have Kep Brown protecting Collins in the lineup. I see he is currently batting .291 and has 10 jacks already - probably against inferior talent, but still.

Yep. This is exactly what losers like TCgrad and Tampacane are doing. They just highlight the negatives, and it's no big deal that we won.

Sweeping a Clemson team that has the best hitter in college baseball is a big deal.

I swear, the expectations on here are ridiculous. People think we should win a national title in every sport, and anything less is a failure. Guess what, making the Sweet 16 is a huge success, making the CWS is a huge success. If you disagree, you really need to get some perspective on life.

I understand where you guys are coming from but I'm looking at the bigger picture. Yes Clemson does have the best player in college baseball but he killed us. We have to be a better overall team to make serious run. IMO we need a 4th hitter who can protect Collins and our pitchers have to learn to make less pitches.

I get some people only see the results and I'm not saying that's bad but I look a little deeper. Doing this off memory but the 3 best teams we've played have all been home series and IMO I'm a little worried about the depth of this team. If we had another power hitter behind Collins and a true dominate #1 then it would be easier to overlook some of the other faults.

The team definitely has holes. Starting pitching has not been great and doesnt go deep into games. We need Cooper Hammond back big time. We play very good D, draw a lot of walks which makes up for the lack of power on the team.

I don't think Tampacane21 has said anything that isnt correct but Antwan/Jagr is a joke and should be on everyone's ignore list.

The defense and patience at the plate have been pleasant surprises.

Agree. It's one of the reasons they have won so far this year. But with the limitations we have in starting pitching they need Heyward, Abreu, and Barr hitting over .300 for this team to be a real threat in the post-season. And the running game has been straight sub-par too.

Yes, true.

We have to be a better overall team to make serious run. IMO we need a 4th hitter who can protect Collins and our pitchers have to learn to make less pitches.

I agree about the hitting but I look at this way. We're 20-4 and neither our 2nd (Abreu) or 3rd (Heyward) most important bat are hitting to their averages. They've had some clutch hits but neither is meeting expectations and yet we're still 20-4 and in first place in the ACC.

Once those guys starting hitting (and you have to believe they will) this team will be very tough to beat.

Advertisement
Oh, trust me, I'm telling you in advance what is going to happen in the post-season. There is no need for me to wait and see when Jim Morris is the head coach.

Absolutely. I mean he's only coached 12 teams to the College World Series. Why would we think he could do it again? Crazy talk!

The funny thing is that deep down inside you agree with me. You know with absolute certainty that this team will do nothing in May and June.

I think it's pretty clear that I don't agree with you on practically anything.

You're the kind of guy who lays in the weeds and waits for the team to lose (no matter when that happens) so you can claim you were 'right' about something.

Just to be clear. You think losing in the championship series would be considered 'fizzling' out. Losing at at any point will be considered a failure.

No, it's not a "big deal" that we swept Clemson, just like it wasn't a "big deal" when we got swept by Fullerton in 2001..

It wasn't a big deal because we won the national championship. A classic instance of playing the result.

If we had won the championship last year you wouldn't have a word to say about out series losses to Florida, Louisville and Florida State. But since we didn't they were signs of something.

Your reasoning is nonsense.

It's so sad how we used to be the ones who laughed at Florida for their regular season trophies. Now our fans do the same thing.

But now you're the guy who is celebrating Florida's regular season trophies. Just not ours. Despite not winning jack squat in the postseason you love Florida. You think they're just great.

Funny how that works.

Advertisement
Because post-season success is a thing of the past around here. We either lose in a regional or get our doors blown off in Omaha

So just as I suspected.

Every team in the country is pathetic since only one team doesn't 'lose in the regionals' or 'get their doors blown off' in Omaha.

Our athletic teams are a thousand miles from winning championships. What we would like is to at least be in the conversation every now and then.

So our formerly dormant basketball program has gone to the Sweet 16 twice in 4 years (a great achievement) and our baseball team won 50 games and played in the College World Series. But those teams were not in the conversion somehow.

The football program just hired it's first proven coach in 25 years too.

Yeah. You've got your finger on the pulse of this athletic department.

Our athletic teams are a thousand miles from winning championships. What we would like is to at least be in the conversation every now and then.

So our formerly dormant basketball program has gone to the Sweet 16 twice in 4 years (a great achievement) and our baseball team won 50 games and played in the College World Series. But those teams were not in the conversion somehow.

The football program just hired it's first proven coach in 25 years too.

Yeah. You've got your finger on the pulse of this athletic department.

No, being a #3 seed and playing in the Sweet 16 is not being in the conversation for a championship. That's where your standards have fallen. Nowadays if we survive a round of post-season play we are playing for a championship in your mind.

Advertisement
Because post-season success is a thing of the past around here. We either lose in a regional or get our doors blown off in Omaha

So just as I suspected.

Every team in the country is pathetic since only one team doesn't 'lose in the regionals' or 'get their doors blown off' in Omaha.

Uh, no, not everyone gets exposed in Omaha. Some teams go there and play well and still lose. Not us.

The funny thing is that deep down inside you agree with me. You know with absolute certainty that this team will do nothing in May and June.

I think it's pretty clear that I don't agree with you on practically anything.

You're the kind of guy who lays in the weeds and waits for the team to lose (no matter when that happens) so you can claim you were 'right' about something.

Just to be clear. You think losing in the championship series would be considered 'fizzling' out. Losing at at any point will be considered a failure.

Again, I don't have to wait for anything. I'm telling you now. And I will remind you of this when you take your summer sabbatical when we are exposed.

If we had won the championship last year you wouldn't have a word to say about out series losses to Florida, Louisville and Florida State. But since we didn't they were signs of something.

Are you trolling? The whole point is that we DON'T win championships anymore. If we were still a championship program, of course no one would be complaining. IT'S THE WHOLE F'ING POINT.

You should be ashamed that you made such an irrational post.

Me: "Al Golden needs to be fired."

You: "If he was winning championships you wouldn't be saying that."

NO. KIDDING.

Advertisement
No, being a #3 seed and playing in the Sweet 16 is not being in the conversation for a championship. That's where your standards have fallen.

How have the standards fallen? The Sweet 16 is the farthest the program has ever advanced! They lost to a higher seeded (and better) team.

More proof of how delusional you are.

Again, I don't have to wait for anything. I'm telling you now. And I will remind you of this when you take your summer sabbatical when we are exposed.

And I'm telling you know that if we go 2-2 in Omaha and lose one game short of the championship series you'll still claim we fizzled out. Heck if we get swept in the championship series you'll claim the same thing.

What's funny is that you're telling us how this team isn't very good and will fail in May and June. But if they lose in the championship series they will have 'fizzled' out.

That's what clowns say.

Are you trolling? The whole point is that we DON'T win championships anymore. If we were still a championship program, of course no one would be complaining. IT'S THE WHOLE F'ING POINT.

That's called playing the result. The team would have been no different had they beat Florida and won the championship series against Virginia. They were #1 in the RPI and a top 5 team offensively.

But since they lost before the championship series you made all kind of stupid claims about their numbers being meaningless. Had they won then all of the sudden your claims would have never been made.

Same numbers. Same team. Slightly different outcome.

Then you would have love that team.

It's laughable.

Advertisement
Back