Clemson recruiting update full of Canes news...

Advertisement
So great.... Might have to bump the Clemson tears thread....

Also on Monday, our Miami site interviewed Clemson junior wide receiver commitment Nathaniel Joseph of Miami (Fla.) Edison.

Sounds like it could be a chore for Clemson to keep Joseph locked in all the way through.

“(Wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon called me [Friday] and he told me I’m a great talent here and he said he wants to keep me in the backyard. He said he was going to be coming after me and recruiting me hard. Stuff that I didn’t hear previously. He said all the right things,” Joseph told InsideTheU at South Florida Express tryouts.

“They’re doing big things for the city. I tell everyone I grew up a Miami fan. It’s good to see what Miami is doing. They made the right move and they’re going in the right direction,” Joseph said.

Joseph on Clemson: "I know they’re going to put other guys in position so there really won’t be no drop-off. My guys, the receiver coach [Tyler Gisham] and [Dabo Swinney] are still there."

I don't have Jospeh on the Jan. 29 guest list for Clemson as of now.

I mentioned yesterday that four-star receiver Christian Hamilton of Harrisburg (N.C.) Hickory Ridge isn't either, as of now.

Interested to see if Clemson ups interest in four-star Karmello English of Phenix City (Ala.) Central. He visited Clemson early in the season. Alabama and Auburn also received in-season trips. Miami offered on Monday.

In an interview on Monday with 247Sports, four-star wide receiver Haykeem Williams of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Stranahan mentioned Clemson as a program standing out to him. Miami is heavily involved here.

The 'Canes can sell newness and fresh starts right now.

@Hoyacane1620 thank you ... you are a national treasure.

5F373A68-A5F3-4674-82F6-1A1CC810683F.gif
Marios like Ali with this recruiting stuff.

Advertisement
I've been telling people this FOR YEARS.
Many of the kids want(ed) to play here, they just didn't trust/like the staff.
It's kinda easy to see if you take the emotions out of it. How many kids wouldn't want to play for their hometown team if they can win championships, and get to the league.
Now, Miami has a coach who has at least won his conference a few times, and he can sell recruits on the fact that put guys in the league. People forget that Sewell and Holland were the first guys drafted at their positions last April.

Joseph’s comments sound like a de-commitment 😂. He basically said they’d be alright without him/they’ll make it work.

We better get the Washington brothers.
I’m surprised Clemson took his commitment so early. Whens the last time the highly ranked slot receiver committed early and shut it down for good?

Advertisement
I’m surprised Clemson took his commitment so early. Whens the last time the highly ranked slot receiver committed early and shut it down for good?
I agree but Clemson has a recent history of making their commits stick and not tolerating wavering and other visits. They had reason to be that confident, but those days are over.

Advertisement
Clemson doesn’t have a single DL committed/signed for the ‘22 class. Obviously there is still time left but man that is likely going to really hurt them in a year or 2. Maybe they have some transfers or something lined up. I hope not though.

Advertisement
I've been telling people this FOR YEARS.
Many of the kids want(ed) to play here, they just didn't trust/like the staff.
How did 3 staffs in a row mess up relationships so bad with the SFL community?

Was it poor Evals? Poor communication? Selling the wrong product? Never understood how legacy would send their kids elsewhere.

Clemson doesn’t have a single DL committed/signed for the ‘22 class. Obviously there is still time left but man that is likely going to really hurt them in a year or 2. Maybe they have some transfers or something lined up. I hope not though.
Nah remember Dabo is against the portal lol. He will jump on the train soon enough but he aint gonna like it.

So great.... Might have to bump the Clemson tears thread....

Also on Monday, our Miami site interviewed Clemson junior wide receiver commitment Nathaniel Joseph of Miami (Fla.) Edison.

Sounds like it could be a chore for Clemson to keep Joseph locked in all the way through.

“(Wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon called me [Friday] and he told me I’m a great talent here and he said he wants to keep me in the backyard. He said he was going to be coming after me and recruiting me hard. Stuff that I didn’t hear previously. He said all the right things,” Joseph told InsideTheU at South Florida Express tryouts.

“They’re doing big things for the city. I tell everyone I grew up a Miami fan. It’s good to see what Miami is doing. They made the right move and they’re going in the right direction,” Joseph said.

Joseph on Clemson: "I know they’re going to put other guys in position so there really won’t be no drop-off. My guys, the receiver coach [Tyler Gisham] and [Dabo Swinney] are still there."

I don't have Jospeh on the Jan. 29 guest list for Clemson as of now.

I mentioned yesterday that four-star receiver Christian Hamilton of Harrisburg (N.C.) Hickory Ridge isn't either, as of now.

Interested to see if Clemson ups interest in four-star Karmello English of Phenix City (Ala.) Central. He visited Clemson early in the season. Alabama and Auburn also received in-season trips. Miami offered on Monday.

In an interview on Monday with 247Sports, four-star wide receiver Haykeem Williams of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Stranahan mentioned Clemson as a program standing out to him. Miami is heavily involved here.

The 'Canes can sell newness and fresh starts right now.
We bacccc?

Advertisement
Back