Clemson home dogs against FSU

Watching the afternoon ACC show. Seems to be unanimous by their commentators that FSU wins by 2 scores. Even Mark Packer, the biggest Clemson homer going.

Advertisement
I think Travis is hurt and FSU has a situation kinda like we did last year with TVD when we played them. He will play but he is one hit away from FSU losing this game big !

Advertisement
This times a million. Very educated post and it’s shocking to me how people don’t realize this every year. We all read the same **** on here every single season. If a team struggles, they suck. That’s not how football works. A+ post.
FSU doesn’t suck but they did struggle against a BAD team. BC isn’t some plucky 7-5 squad that can compete with the top teams if they get a couple bounces. They are likely a 3 win or worse team that would probably go winless in conference if not for the fact that they play Virginia. This would be like Miami barely holding on to beat Miami Ohio. Does it mean the Seminoles are trash? Nah but they have some holes in their armor. Really great teams don’t go to the wire against scrubs.

Advertisement
Yeah, let's root for Clemson.

Anyways, Clemson's can't score with FSU. The only way they win is if they slow the game down, limit possessions, and keep FSU offense off the field.

Not so sure about that. FSUs defense has been cheeks. They’re ranked outside of the top 100 in total defense.

Hope FSU wins and we keep winning as well. Playing the “anoles” with both teams undefeated would be a next level game for College Football. That would be a great test for us to see how we handle the pressure on the road and how competitive we can be with our rivals. I do t root for FSU but they play us annually and they will always have my respect. Many Miami FSU games are legendary and maybe time to get ready for another classic. Lots to prove for us till then!

Advertisement
I don't know if it's the system, Klubnik, or both. Riley had success at TCU, but Clemson does not look explosive this year. They don't have that dominant WR or RB they've had in the past.
Riley is not running the same offense he had at TCU. He’s running the Dabo Clemson offense.

I can’t tell who I’d rather win. On one hand a loss to FSU puts Clemson @ 2 ACC losses and gives up breathing room if we were to fall to them.

On the other hand FSU losing to Clemson would make our Match Up vs Clemson much more impressive were we to win…but it wouldn’t necessarily help increase our odds of Making the Chip

Of course I’m getting ahead of myself lol
Only answer is you want FSU lose every game this season. People that believe otherwise do not understand what a rivalry is. Do you think OSU fans ever root for UM?

Advertisement
FSU doesn’t suck but they did struggle against a BAD team. BC isn’t some plucky 7-5 squad that can compete with the top teams if they get a couple bounces. They are likely a 3 win or worse team that would probably go winless in conference if not for the fact that they play Virginia. This would be like Miami barely holding on to beat Miami Ohio. Does it mean the Seminoles are trash? Nah but they have some holes in their armor. Really great teams don’t go to the wire against scrubs.

UGA beat Mizzou last year in the final minute and should have lost. Mizzou went 6-7. Good teams lay stinkers, there’s no doubt about it. I think BC’s QB is a lot better than someone who would lead a 3 win team too, and he was a really big equalizer.

Advertisement
Back