Clemson home dogs against FSU

Advertisement
I think FSU had their bad game against BC. Every good team plays 1-2 of those games per year. Think about 2001 and how we BARELY. beat BC and V-tech. But when UM was really serious it was a wrap. I’m not comparing FSU 2023 to UM 2001, but simply pointing out that if the best team in the history of college football can play some close/bad games, certainly 2023 FSU can as well.

100%.

FSU had already played LSU and then hung 60+ on Southern Miss. The BC game was bound to be closer than expected.

I normally try not to take too much from one-off games. But FSU is currently 101st in total defense with Southern Miss and BC being two of their games. That's a red flag for me. Clemson is also better than they are being given credit for. Clemson isn't special but they had flukey turnovers to lose to a ranked Duke team.

This is what the people who say, "this was their bad game...Miami struggled with BC in 2001...yadda yadda yadda", are missing. Miami didn't have the 104th ranked defense a quarter through the season. Especially after playing two teams in BC and Southern Miss that finished last year 100+ in total offense. Their defense has problems. The question is whether or not Clemson can capitalize.
Yeah after three games you start to see beginnings of patterns and trends. In 2017 we had a fun team, but we played a LOT of close games and somehow got by undefeated until Pitt. Replay that season 10 times and we're probably looking at a couple of losses in there. We all knew we were playing with fire that year and Rosier wouldn't be able to beat Clemson. That's what FSU is doing for the most part right now; getting by DESPITE their defense. Typically someone will eventually exploit your weakness(es). Next three games will show you if that trend will hold or if it's just a couple lazy games.

Let's compare our schedules so far. ATM and LSU games very similar, so we'll call that a wash. We gave up 215 yards to little Miami and 165 to Bethune, most in the 4th quarter with 3rd and 4th stringers getting their first college PT. FSU gave up 258 to So Miss and 457(!) to BC in a tight game where BC controlled the clock and had 18 penalties for 131 yards. Same 3-0 records, very different stories. Take out preseason rankings and our rankings would be flipped at the moment.

Advertisement
This feels like FSU - UNC 2020 when FSU, ironically, was on the other side of the equation. UNC was undefeated with all the hype, the top 5 ranking and the Heisman candidate. FSU was 1-3 and the butt of every college football joke. I told anyone that would listen that FSU was going to win in Tally, know matter how much the metrics said UNC. I feel the same way about Clemson. People are shoveling dirt on them, but they're not as bad as that first game showed. Clemson has definitely come back to the pack, but they'll beat the Noles. Motivation counts for a lot. Being a home dog is going to have them gassed up. It's their Waterloo.
I dont think any team, not us or Bama has been disrespected more than Clemson. People are handing the ACC title they own to FSU. Its weird af. And when they talk about the game they ignore FSU defense. Just like they did when we were going against A&M and i spoke about how suspect Durkin was.

They could put a beat down on FSU if they are not careful

Advertisement
It’s a good point. I just don’t think FSU is as bad as they played Saturday. I also don’t think they are as good as they were ranked to start the year. But they are a good team.
I agree with this. I do think they’re a good team that would put up a fight against anyone. I look at them now more as a 9-3/10-2 team than as the 11-1/12-0 juggernaut people have been hyping them up to be. Good, but beatable.

Cheers to this guy and hoping he's Mike's NoD.

1695064541888.png

Advertisement
Umm, OK, let’s start from the beginning class. There are three teams in college football we UM fans want to lose every week, in everything they do: UF, FSU and ND. Next week we will discuss what to do when they are playing each other.

watch it high school GIF
Four Teams:

The No Good **** Gatah, Free Shoes, The Domers, and Taint.

You NEVER leave Taint out of your Mount Rushmore of Canes Disdain.

That said, FSU wins this game this weekend, setting up a storied showdown in November (assuming we can take care of our business).

I can’t tell who I’d rather win. On one hand a loss to FSU puts Clemson @ 2 ACC losses and gives up breathing room if we were to fall to them.

On the other hand FSU losing to Clemson would make our Match Up vs Clemson much more impressive were we to win…but it wouldn’t necessarily help increase our odds of Making the Chip

Of course I’m getting ahead of myself lol
Miami gets Clemson at home. Plus they have a conf. loss So I want Clemson to win. Give FSU a loss. If Miami can take care of business going into the Clemson game how great would that be??

Advertisement
Four Teams:

The No Good **** Gatah, Free Shoes, The Domers, and Taint.

You NEVER leave Taint out of your Mount Rushmore of Canes Disdain.

That said, FSU wins this game this weekend, setting up a storied showdown in November (assuming we can take care of our business).

I don’t acknowledge that 4th team even exists. I won’t even click on an article if I know it covers them.

Curious which was this officiating goes. On on hand, FSU for whatever reason is the media darling and highly ranked. On the other hand, FSU made a HUGE public stink about leaving the ACC. Now while Clemson voted against expansion as well, they kept quiet publicly. Could see the ACC sticking it to the Noles.

BC will give us fits, similarly. Besides, game is in late Nov.

Single worst time slot of the season for a visiting team. Noon on Thanksgiving Friday.

I hate that the ACC gave us that time slot at the beginning of the season. ****ers.

Advertisement
Back