Clemson home dogs against FSU

Btw FSU defense is bad! They ranked 104th giving up 391 yards per game. And here is the kicker, LSU is really good on O ranking #6, 537 yards per game. But BC, #69 and Southern Miss rank #124 are not particularly good offenses.

Tulane held Southern Miss to less yards and BC yardage was the most they put up in all 3 games

@AlexCane u sure bout that?⬆️⬆️⬆️

Advertisement
Yeah, let's root for Clemson.

Anyways, Clemson's can't score with FSU. The only way they win is if they slow the game down, limit possessions, and keep FSU offense off the field.
If Clemson had any type of offense this would be an easy pick for me. But still picking Clemson fsu defense is soft.

I'm rooting for no one. Don't care for Dabo or FSU. Clemson still has solid players who have been in and won big games. They'll be a tough out for us.

I think FSU had their bad game against BC. Every good team plays 1-2 of those games per year. Think about 2001 and how we BARELY. beat BC and V-tech. But when UM was really serious it was a wrap. I’m not comparing FSU 2023 to UM 2001, but simply pointing out that if the best team in the history of college football can play some close/bad games, certainly 2023 FSU can as well.
Those BC and Tech teams both finished the year 8-4 and ranked. Hardly a good comparison with a BC team that barely beat Holy Cross and is probably going 4-8 at best.

Those BC and Tech teams both finished the year 8-4 and ranked. Hardly a good comparison with a BC team that barely beat Holy Cross and is probably going 4-8 at best.
It’s a good point. I just don’t think FSU is as bad as they played Saturday. I also don’t think they are as good as they were ranked to start the year. But they are a good team.

Advertisement
It’s a good point. I just don’t think FSU is as bad as they played Saturday. I also don’t think they are as good as they were ranked to start the year. But they are a good team.
No one said they aren't a good team. I just think these comparisons to 2001 Canes game vs BC are absolutely ridiculous. This BC team is not nearly as good as those teams, nor is this FSU team in the same universe as the 2001 Canes.

Advertisement
I don't know if it's the system, Klubnik, or both. Riley had success at TCU, but Clemson does not look explosive this year. They don't have that dominant WR or RB they've had in the past.

I’m very curious. I still think free shoes is a paper tiger. We will see. Something tells me Dabo gonna get “personal”. Not sure he’s wearing shades but who knows 🤠

I think FSU had their bad game against BC. Every good team plays 1-2 of those games per year. Think about 2001 and how we BARELY. beat BC and V-tech. But when UM was really serious it was a wrap. I’m not comparing FSU 2023 to UM 2001, but simply pointing out that if the best team in the history of college football can play some close/bad games, certainly 2023 FSU can as well.
I normally try not to take too much from one-off games. But FSU is currently 101st in total defense with Southern Miss and BC being two of their games. That's a red flag for me. Clemson is also better than they are being given credit for. Clemson isn't special but they had flukey turnovers to lose to a ranked Duke team.

Advertisement
Btw FSU defense is bad!

This is what the people who say, "this was their bad game...Miami struggled with BC in 2001...yadda yadda yadda", are missing. Miami didn't have the 104th ranked defense a quarter through the season. Especially after playing two teams in BC and Southern Miss that finished last year 100+ in total offense. Their defense has problems. The question is whether or not Clemson can capitalize.

Umm, OK, let’s start from the beginning class. There are three teams in college football we UM fans want to lose every week, in everything they do: UF, FSU and ND. Next week we will discuss what to do when they are playing each other.

watch it high school GIF

Advertisement
This feels like FSU - UNC 2020 when FSU, ironically, was on the other side of the equation. UNC was undefeated with all the hype, the top 5 ranking and the Heisman candidate. FSU was 1-3 and the butt of every college football joke. I told anyone that would listen that FSU was going to win in Tally, know matter how much the metrics said UNC. I feel the same way about Clemson. People are shoveling dirt on them, but they're not as bad as that first game showed. Clemson has definitely come back to the pack, but they'll beat the Noles. Motivation counts for a lot. Being a home dog is going to have them gassed up. It's their Waterloo.

Advertisement
Back