Cleaning up the board

Does anyone use the report post button or does it work?

Might be the easiest way to get the trolls / bigotry on the mods' if it is used and functions properly

Advertisement

Might be the easiest way to get the trolls / bigotry on the mods' if it is used and functions properly

Yes it works. Definitely use it, and it's better than quoting a person just to bash them, though I am guilty of that as well.

Copied from my post in the football board:

One strike system for personal attacks on recruits because some people might not know they're doing it. Temporary ban with explanation for the first strike (and obviously delete the post). Permanent ban the next time around.

Open discussion about a player's skills are fine, calling a recruit a ***** is completely unacceptable no matter what school he chooses to go to. These kids read this board, you think they want to play for a school that badmouths their buddy because he went somewhere else? No good comes from it and it needs to stop. Show some class.

Advertisement
Copied from my post in the football board:

One strike system for personal attacks on recruits because some people might not know they're doing it. Temporary ban with explanation for the first strike (and obviously delete the post). Permanent ban the next time around.

Open discussion about a player's skills are fine, calling a recruit a **** is completely unacceptable no matter what school he chooses to go to. These kids read this board, you think they want to play for a school that badmouths their buddy because he went somewhere else? No good comes from it and it needs to stop. Show some class.

This site is going to look like Sun Life when we play Savannah St.

Advertisement
Sad to say it, but I'm so getting banned, cause I'm incapable of not bashing stupidity...

Advertisement
Hey everybody,
We've all noticed a decrease in the quality of discussion since the spring game.

This has happened before (most notably after the Kansas State game), and we are going to do the same thing that we always do when quality goes downhill. For the next few weeks, the mods will be aggressive in dealing with thread-jacking, flaming, personal insults, and other forms of dumb posting. This can and will include bannings, some of which have already taken place.

Please keep this in mind, especially if things don't go our way on Friday. I hate to keep anybody from posting, but we need to do what we need to do to keep this as the best 'Canes board on the internet.

Definitely needed.....

Yes it works. Definitely use it, and it's better than quoting a person just to bash them, though I am guilty of that as well.

never been the type to tattle on someone....more the type to confront the issue myself, but i can see that in it self continues to derail the threads.... so the answer = ban imbeciles

Advertisement
YES!

Thank you D

239.gif

Advertisement
Back