Class Impact: Marcus Crowley exits

View as article
Advertisement
This isn’t entirely factual, Chaney absolutely factored in both the receiving game AND kick return game when see 2:15 below. In a matter of fact, Chaney been on special teams returning kicks and punts at times etc since he was a freshman so he clearly has experience there

No need to just place limitations on what a kid can and can’t do just because of the offense he played in. Todd gurley easily made the transition playing in that exact same offense. Did gurley show any receiving capability playing in that offense? No but he evolved into one of the best receiving backs in the nfl. Not every kid struggles with that transition from that offense or on the other hand picks it up seemingly. Different cases for different kids.

Not sure how Crowley is “bigger” than Chaney when he’s listed as 205 on Ohio state roster and Chaney is 210 at least right now. Furthermore in regards to the knighton comment I’m very high on him too but I dont See how anyone can watch Chaney’s film and try to say repeatedly that he doesn’t have any juice or isn’t that explosive. What are we watching here?

I’m not saying Chaney wont have a learning curve for football in college, every rb and player does but I think Some are overestimating this a bit. He ain’t the first rb to go from a wing t to whatever college offense and certainly wont be the last. This isn’t too big for Chaney, he’s a smart and intelligent kid his **** self and very driven. Whatever deficiencies you perceive him to have I’m sure he will work his *** off either way. Both knighton and Chaney will have to show they are physically capable of blocking at this level however what you haven’t mentioned , we ain’t running a prostyle O, this isn’t going to be as important as it was in previous offenses. Lashlee’s going to get these playmakers the ball in space as much as possible.

Fals logic, using Gurley.
Lingard came from the same offense, but you didn’t compare him.
Either way, Chaney needs a RS year and then he’ll be good.
I agreed with evaluator who you’re arguing. Haha

Advertisement
Yeah, Crowley shines against lessor compet

Chaney is a beast and will play in the NFL.

Crowley won't see the field much at OSU. He excelled against inferior talent and he doesn't have the speed or moves such as Knighton and Chaney.

Go Canes! ***** Crowley!
See the thing is I like Crowley, just not as much as Knighton and Chaney. I remember when people were Hyping Thad Franklin up a few weeks back and some even said he was a better runner than both of knighton and Chaney but If I had To choose I’d much rather have a back like Crowley over Thad franklin. Obviously Crowley is a big back like Franklin however he seems like a more explosive rb and faster for sure when comparing those 2. We will see if Crowley gets antsy with playing time, osu recruits with the best of them at rb and he will be in a 3rd team role once again this season

I get it's the offseason and there isn't **** going on due to the virus but who gives a **** about this kid. He bailed during the 2019 season, let's move on....

Advertisement
Oh sh*t fellas, we have an expert in watching film on this board.

You sound like a pompous *******

Cool. I don't have to post here. Then you can have nothing but LCE's generic cut/paste evals unless gogeta decides to chime in with his take.

It's amazing how when people try to provide insight on this board they get chased away by assclowns who provide nothing of value. I'll just add you to my ignore list though. That's like 5 new additions in the last 10 days. I'm on a roll.

This isn’t entirely factual, Chaney absolutely factored in both the receiving game AND kick return game when see 2:15 below. In a matter of fact, Chaney been on special teams returning kicks and punts at times etc since he was a freshman so he clearly has experience there

No need to just place limitations on what a kid can and can’t do just because of the offense he played in. Todd gurley easily made the transition playing in that exact same offense. Did gurley show any receiving capability playing in that offense? No but he evolved into one of the best receiving backs in the nfl. Not every kid struggles with that transition from that offense or on the other hand picks it up seemingly. Different cases for different kids.

Not sure how Crowley is “bigger” than Chaney when he’s listed as 205 on Ohio state roster and Chaney is 210 at least right now. Crowley is a good back for sure but it’s important to note in all of this whether it’s him or Parrish who you say are better than Chaney is the massive differences in talent on the team compared to what Chaney had to work with especially on the oline in which Belen Jesuit wouldnt be expected to open up much holes with 225 pound lineman blocking for him🤷🏾‍♂️. Furthermore in regards to the knighton comment I’m very high on him too but I dont See how anyone can watch Don Chaney’s film and try to say repeatedly that he doesn’t have any juice or isn’t that explosive. That’s just a ridiculous comment, what are we watching here?

I’m not saying Chaney wont have a learning curve for football in college, every rb and player does but I think Some are overestimating this a bit. He ain’t the first rb to go from a wing t to whatever college offense and certainly wont be the last. This isn’t too big for Chaney, he’s a smart and intelligent kid his **** self and very driven. “Struggles with mental processing”, based on exactly what? Whatever deficiencies you perceive him to have I’m sure he will work his *** off either way. Both knighton and Chaney will have to show they are physically capable of blocking at this level however what you haven’t mentioned , we ain’t running a prostyle O, this isn’t going to be as important as it was in previous offenses. Lashlee’s going to get these playmakers the ball in space as much as possible.

I don't doubt that Chaney can return kicks but we have guys who are better at evading tackles and making plays in space.

I don't remember what Gurley looked like as a prospect but I remember being down on him. I liked Keith Marshall a lot more. That was a long time ago and I was a lot lazier at evaluating. As for the receiving part it's a projection is all. Chaney might be good or he might be bad or it may just take time but we don't know.

Crowley is taller with a bigger frame. He's listed at 210 now. I didn't say Chaney has no juice. He clearly has good acceleration and I've always said he can be a home run hitter when the holes are there. He may be Miami's best back to come in around midfield as the offense wears down the defense with pace. He has the size and speed to exploit that.

This isn't a black or white thing where one player is good and another is bad or whatever. It's about context. I like Crowley and Parrish better in the context of interior running in a variety of schemes, and in the pass game. I like Knighton better as an offensive weapon. Still Chaney could be very productive running gap plays or outside zone when the blocking is there for him. There have been more limited backs who dominated college football in the right situation. His athleticism shouldn't go to waste and I'm aware of his work ethic. We agree more than you think. I do like Chaney more than Thad too.

Stopped reading at wishbone offense because if you can’t see it’s a wing-t system then you sure as **** cant tell me anything I don’t already know.

Lmao you're right it's been a while since I studied that stuff. I played on a team that ran the same offense when I was 16 and we went undefeated in the regular season. My dad called it wishbone so it stuck in my head.

Cool. I don't have to post here. Then you can have nothing but LCE's generic cut/paste evals unless gogeta decides to chime in with his take.

It's amazing how when people try to provide insight on this board they get chased away by assclowns who provide nothing of value. I'll just add you to my ignore list though. That's like 5 new additions in the last 10 days. I'm on a roll.

I don't doubt that Chaney can return kicks but we have guys who are better at evading tackles and making plays in space.

I don't remember what Gurley looked like as a prospect but I remember being down on him. I liked Keith Marshall a lot more. That was a long time ago and I was a lot lazier at evaluating. As for the receiving part it's a projection is all. Chaney might be good or he might be bad or it may just take time but we don't know.

Crowley is taller with a bigger frame. He's listed at 210 now. I didn't say Chaney has no juice. He clearly has good acceleration and I've always said he can be a home run hitter when the holes are there. He may be Miami's best back to come in around midfield as the offense wears down the defense with pace. He has the size and speed to exploit that.

This isn't a black or white thing where one player is good and another is bad or whatever. It's about context. I like Crowley and Parrish better in the context of interior running in a variety of schemes, and in the pass game. I like Knighton better as an offensive weapon. Still Chaney could be very productive running gap plays or outside zone when the blocking is there for him. There have been more limited backs who dominated college football in the right situation. His athleticism shouldn't go to waste and I'm aware of his work ethic. We agree more than you think. I do like Chaney more than Thad too.

Lmao you're right it's been a while since I studied that stuff. I played on a team that ran the same offense when I was 16 and we went undefeated in the regular season. My dad called it wishbone so it stuck in my head.

I enjoy your evals and hope you stay but you do come across as a pompous, condescending a$$ sometimes. Aint nothing wrong with people having different opinions and views. I mean if you were a former NFL scout or something it might make more sense but in reality your just a fan like the rest of us.

"Cool. I don't have to post here. Then you can have nothing but LCE's generic cut/paste evals unless gogeta decides to chime in with his take."

Common man, stuff like this is the reason you catch flak. Why drag LCE into this? If your gonna dish it out, be ready to take it in return. Again, I appreciate the perspective, some good stuff in there but get off that throne once in awhile.

Teague is injured. Crowley was a better prospect than Chaney imo and brings a different dimension than Knighton. Crowley/Knighton would be an ideal backfield.

Crowley is not a better prospect than Chaney. I will say that he is better in terms of durability

Advertisement

Keep on posting bruv. You bring alot to the board. Someone else i can debate and see other stuff on.

I'm high on Chaney. I dont have a comp yet...im leaning towards a Thomas Jones.

Keep on posting bruv. You bring alot to the board. Someone else i can debate and see other stuff on.

I'm high on Chaney. I dont have a comp yet...im leaning towards a Thomas Jones.

Fred Taylor is the best-case comparison.

Now I'm talking myself into him more. The physical ability is there. He's gotta show it first though I won't fall for the hype lol.

I enjoy your evals and hope you stay but you do come across as a pompous, condescending a$$ sometimes. Aint nothing wrong with people having different opinions and views. I mean if you were a former NFL scout or something it might make more sense but in reality your just a fan like the rest of us.

"Cool. I don't have to post here. Then you can have nothing but LCE's generic cut/paste evals unless gogeta decides to chime in with his take."

Common man, stuff like this is the reason you catch flak. Why drag LCE into this? If your gonna dish it out, be ready to take it in return. Again, I appreciate the perspective, some good stuff in there but get off that throne once in awhile.

No doubt on the pompous *** part. Why dig at LCE? Because he acts like a guy who watches film but won't engage in real debates. Condescending is being sarcastic and dodgy instead of sharing reasoned arguments. If I do that I hope I get called out on it.

Imagine LCE watched every Central game (for example) live and on film and I disagreed with his take about a player on their team but instead of posting real arguments I just spat out some lame platitudes, generalizations and sarcastic jabs. That's what he did with me so **** that guy he's a clown.

Last edited:
Y'all don't have to put another kid down to talk up another kid.. If you blame any kid at that moment in time to not pick Ohio St over Miami then you're completely bias.
Lol. Fook Crowley and the horse rode out on.

Advertisement
Knighton’s tape looked the best IMO. Chaney’s tape is super impressive when you realize he’s out there with very limited help.

Fred Taylor is the best-case comparison.

Now I'm talking myself into him more. The physical ability is there. He's gotta show it first though I won't fall for the hype lol.

No doubt on the pompous *** part. Why dig at LCE? Because he acts like a guy who watches film but won't engage in real debates. Condescending is being sarcastic and dodgy instead of sharing reasoned arguments. If I do that I hope I get called out on it.

Imagine LCE watched every Central game (for example) live and on film and I disagreed with his take about a player on their team but instead of posting real arguments I just spat out some lame platitudes, generalizations and sarcastic jabs. That's what he did with me so **** that guy he's a clown.

Whoa what I do now?

I had no idea it was that serious bro, I conceded & apologized, and I wasn't being sarcastic.

You're a very smart & knowledgeable poster, I'm not sure why you're so ****ed at me all over Jameis Winston of all people lol. I don't take none of this personal & sometimes I just crack jokes, it's cool if people disagree with me I don't really care.

I got no problem with you man you're entitled to your opinion, it's all respect.

Full disclosure, I am not a coach, was never good enough to play college ball, and haven't been on a football field for decades except for touch pickup games. I also do not spend hours on end evaluating highlights.

But I can form an opinion when I watch the comparative strengths & weaknesses of these recruits. Duke Johnson just jumped off the screen. Defenders would tear their ACLs trying to match his hip flips. I was a huge fan of Deejay Dallas because of how skinny he could get in a tight scrum, and his fearlessness. Loved Gus but kept screaming at the screen "pad level, pad level, pad level" just like his RB coaches would.

I think power-fans like me know enough to see special traits. I believe Chaney is "that guy". In fact, the Knighton and Chaney combo are the best I've seen in 2 decades. I can't remember 2 in the same class that good. Bryce Brown would have paired perfectly with Lamar, but he pussyd out. Thad Franklin is a beast, as well, giving us back-to-back elite RB classes.

I honestly don't know why we are worried about Crowley? We have our horses.

p.s. High Seas, keep sharing your wisdom. Just remember that the guys who track these kids the most are also the most opinionated. I regularly interact with Fishbein on Shadow's board, and he's about the most opinionated person I know when it comes to recruits. But he's also pretty **** smart. Can't be brittle in these type of discussions.

Advertisement
Back