Class Impact: Leonard Taylor to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Yes sir but one thing happened. It’s calmed things down for them and for Miami. Seems like money well spent. It’s also caused our fan base ( not all but some) to wonder about Flips etc. But you are right oh my guy
Yeah pretty much killed our momentum and got their fans off their backs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s 280/285 right now and he’ll play DE his freshman season, not DT. He’ll be a DT year two. FWIW
Is that weight legit? Is Taylor really up to 280/285lbs? I'm curious because if the kid is 280lbs right now right before his senior year then I would say there is a good chance that Taylor is at least 300lbs by the time we play Bama in 2021. Given Taylor's freakish athleticism and advanced technique and knowing how deep we are at DE, I would say that there is close to a 0% chance that LT starts out at DE. That's just me though.

Best DT prospect in two decades. This is the foundation of a great defense. The thought of Taylor, Williams, Kinchens, etc. This defense should dominate college football in a couple of years
No question the potential to have a dominant defense is there and getting better all the time. The last time this defense had a dominant presence at DT(Willis) they were close to being tops in the nation. We also had a very good and experienced tandem at Safety with Jaquan Johnson and Sheldrick Redwine.

Now just imagine what our defense could look like with guys like Leonard Taylor, Elijah Roberts, Brandon Cleveland, Savion Collins, Jared Harrison Hunte at DT with the type of talent and depth we are building at DE with Chanz Williams, Jalen Phillips, Thomas Davis, Jabari Ishmael, Jafari Harvey, Quinten Williams and so on. Add talent like Huff, Brooks, Cave and Chase Smith at LB with freaks like James Williams, Avantae Williams, Karmen Kitchens, Jalen Harrell etc at Safety. I almost forgot kids like Frierson and Keontra Smith at STKR.

Recruits will see what an exciting defense this is to play in as we should be very fun to watch. The CB group we currently have does have it's share of talent. Kids like Blades, C.Will, Couch, Dunson, Clarke, T.Burns, Curtis and Ivey make for a very solid albeit young group. Regardless of how anyone feels about coach Rumph's recruiting prowess or lack thereof the guy is a very solid coach in terms of teaching and developing CBs. I fully expect our CB recruiting to improve markedly in the very near future based on everything about this defense that I have stated above. Will all of that talent, speed and freakish athletic ability all over the rest of the defense, future recruits at CB will see a very desirable situation. Honestly who wouldn't want to play CB in a defense like that? A defense that exists to wreak havoc and make plays. A defense that will make CBs feel like a kid in a candy store.

We keep recruiting at this level on defense and the elite CBs will soon follow. It's only a matter of how soon not if. Whether or not coach Rumph is a part of that is up to Diaz but we will get there. Yes I know that I'm rambling on and on with my green/orange glasses on while imbibing massive quantities of Kool-Aid through a beer funnel but I'm excited. I'm genuinely really excited about the direction of this program right now and the caliber of players we are bringing in. That Chase Smith commit really really just put me over top in terms of actually being optimistic about the future. We have always known that if the right elite local kids started to put their foot down and say "F*** you SEC! I'm staying right the F*** here to put on for my city!" That it could be the beginning of the resurrection of this storied program. I'll chug some Kool-Aid to that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is such a perfect fit for what we do defensively
He should be able to play as a TF, he's put on some good stout weight too, he used to be kinda skinny in his upper body but now he's gotten bigger & is filling out.

Definitely won't start, but he can make the rotation as a TF, he's got Javon Kinlaw type upside, especially after Feeley gets him for an offseason in the S&C program.

He's gonna be a monster with that super long Basketball player wingspan & those quick nimble feet. Once Stroud teaches him a few tricks of the trade he'll be a havoc on the interior.

He should be able to play as a TF, he's put on some good stout weight too, he used to be kinda skinny in his upper body but now he's gotten bigger & is filling out.

Definitely won't start, but he can make the rotation as a TF, he's got Javon Kinlaw type upside, especially after Feeley gets him for an offseason in the S&C program.

He's gonna be a monster with that super long Basketball player wingspan & those quick nimble feet. Once Stroud teaches him a few tricks of the trade he'll be a havoc on the interior.

OOF, that Kinlaw comp is intriguing. Won't be able to get that out of my head now whenever I watch Taylor play. 247 has his comp as Quinnen Williams and I just don't see him in that mold just based on Body type and scheme fits.

Advertisement
Back