Class Impact: Jared Harrison-Hunte to Miami

View as article
IMO, this class blows away our 2008 class which was way the **** over rated. That class wasn't a well rounded class either like this one is. We're also getting some proven talent. I really like this class. Hopefully a few can play right away which we need to fill some holes. If Tate can play this year we have a better chance against Florida.
The ‘08 class had like 15 4* kids and 2 5* kids IIRC. I was a critic of the many filler and poor eval kids Shannon took in that class, and was skeptical of some of the highly rated kids and was not a huge fan of the class, but hindsight is 20-20. Anyone here who says they wouldn’t love R. Buchanon and M. Robinson today as recruits would be lying. Brandon Harris, Travis Benjamin, B. Washington, Spence, A. Brown. Some of those kids werent used right, didnt develop well but were good prospects. Aldarius everyone wanted. D. Johnson had speed and potential. Forston obviously everyone wanted.

There are only a few kids in this class that have that kind of ceiling. But hopefully we are way better and more disciplined today than we were back then at evaluations and fit to scheme, so we dont wind up with wasted scholarships like the Coker and Shannon and Golden era produced in droves.

The single worst class at UM in the past 18 years was Coker’s ‘04 class, and it is tied with the ‘08 class for top rated classes of that time period. The ‘04 class was a roster catastrophy. 30+ scholrships and only a couple kids ever contributed much of anything. Literally only 1 kid in that class can be said to have been good at UM (C. Campbell).

Advertisement
born and raised a canes fan in miami and went to the school. facts are miami has spent 4 mill on a coach, 1 plus on an OC (top flight candidate too), and 30 plus on an IPF in recent years. the money argument was fine years ago, but it isnt nearly true right now.

It isn’t right now, finally after 15 years, and the Staff still is an unknown! Manny hasn’t won one game yet as a head coach. Listen fellow cane I hate we are losing the kids from the state of Miami, but I understand why they don’t come! I wonder what is the percentage of our players that’s draft eligible over that time that came out of high school highly rated that went drafted!

I'm all for grabbing more linemen, control the line of scrimmage in the ACC we'll dominate and get close to Clemson. Their QB is just sick though. I was one of those guys calling BS on their coach for taking that other kid out but after watching him in the big games I'm not sure I've seen anyone as good as him for years and he was only a freshman. We've got to get to him! Linemen baby!
Agreed.

The single biggest failure, and it has been a huge failure, recruiting wise at UM the past 18 years has been massive underemphasis on DTs and OL.

The ‘08 class had like 15 4* kids and 2 5* kids IIRC. I was a critic of the many filler and poor eval kids Shannon took in that class, and was skeptical of some of the highly rated kids and was not a huge fan of the class, but hindsight is 20-20. Anyone here who says they wouldn’t love R. Buchanon and M. Robinson today as recruits would be lying. Brandon Harris, Travis Benjamin, B. Washington, Spence, A. Brown. Some of those kids werent used right, didnt develop well but were good prospects. Aldarius everyone wanted. D. Johnson had speed and potential. Forston obviously everyone wanted.

There are only a few kids in this class that have that kind of ceiling. But hopefully we are way better and more disciplined today than we were back then at evaluations and fit to scheme, so we dont wind up with wasted scholarships like the Coker and Shannon and Golden era produced in droves.

The single worst class at UM in the past 18 years was Coker’s ‘04 class, and it is tied with the ‘08 class for top rated classes of that time period. The ‘04 class was a roster catastrophy. 30+ scholrships and only a couple kids ever contributed much of anything. Literally only 1 kid in that class can be said to have been good at UM (C. Campbell).

I agree. There were a handful of kids that I liked. I just thought many were over rated even then I complained about in on another site. And what bothered me the most we struck out on the lines which have been a weak point for many years now. The best teams almost always have the best lines without them you go nowhere. I'll take this class over that one just for signing more linemen.

Take a look at Bama's class in 08 packed with all kinds of top linemen. IMO that wins championships. I lived in Bama at the time and talked to my neighbor every day he said we have a great class, I told him I'd swap with who Bama signed any day of the week. I'm just a linemen guy you control the lines not many beat you. Bama rarely had a great QB or great RB, but that just doesn't matter if your line destroys the other guys line. I think we have the coaches that see that now. I like this class we're on the right track. Now that's just my opinion.

I'm not like some of you guys in here who know all the plays, routes and reads, I suck at that. I look at how teams match up against each other. That always worked for me when I gambled.

I agree. There were a handful of kids that I liked. I just thought many were over rated even then I complained about in on another site. And what bothered me the most we struck out on the lines which have been a weak point for many years now. The best teams almost always have the best lines without them you go nowhere. I'll take this class over that one just for signing more linemen.

Take a look at Bama's class in 08 packed with all kinds of top linemen. IMO that wins championships. I lived in Bama at the time and talked to my neighbor every day he said we have a great class, I told him I'd swap with who Bama signed any day of the week. I'm just a linemen guy you control the lines not many beat you. Bama rarely had a great QB or great RB, but that just doesn't matter if your line destroys the other guys line. I think we have the coaches that see that now. I like this class we're on the right track. Now that's just my opinion.

I'm not like some of you guys in here who know all the plays, routes and reads, I suck at that. I look at how teams match up against each other. That always worked for me when I gambled.
Agree with that. Any new coach should hammer the lines HARD his first two classes. I said from the get go Richt made a big mistake not doing so.

I have been a critic of our recruiting on these sites since Coker took Dave Howell’s commitment before his senior year even started. It was clear Coker had no idea what he was doing or who to listen to. Someone on these boards used the phrase grandma test. There are some kids your grandma would see play and go wow. Take them. Some kids your grandma would look at and go nah. Never tale them. Everyone else, that’s where evals get important. But Coker was taking kids who had no business being at UM. He destroyed the roster with such kids. Shannon also wasted way too many spots and I was less positive on some of those ‘08 kids than the rankings services were. Golden too filled the roster with wasted spots. Richt just left the spots empty, which is equally bad.

If we would just fill the roster with competitive kids who belong at UM and have depth and talent on the lines, we will be a QB away from contention. Because no reason UM can’t have DBs, WRs, RBs, TEs and LBs that stack up with top teams in those areas.

Advertisement
Question for the board.
Is his upside better than Ingraham. Seems to be the same type of player. I know the comp with ingraham was better here but seems to me like this kid is more athletic and at the very least really wants to be here so he’ll play his heart out.
It seems to be about the same, supposedly Ingram has a shoulder injury problem according to Ivins so

I agree 100%! SF has all kinds of great kids at most of the skilled positions, great athletes. I'd like to get some of our linemen out of state. They've done that this year, I like it! I also think some of these 3 star guys are under rated, but time will tell. I do like this class. Now pound the linemen next year too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His boy already has offers from Michigan, Baylor, Tennessee, Louisville, Michigan State, LSU, A & M and South Carolina. I’m taking him and Lamy Constant from Brooklyn and making a decision AFTER these SFL boys decide to play for UM.

His boy is the one that recorded that video and making all that noise safe to say we are in the game

Dang, NY kids more excited about their buddy going to the U than So FL kids are which is a shame. But if we keep this pipeline open, and the three play well and represent the U, then we’ll have another line drawn in the sand that Ny state is U territory.
Im pretty sure it was Blisset and that 4 star running back making most of the noise. I dont think we would have to put to much effort at this point to grab the running back. No homo but his thighs are thick like Crowley who I'm already missing.

Advertisement

it was also an uneven class as far as positions.

Im pretty sure it was Blisset and that 4 star running back making most of the noise. I dont think we would have to put to much effort at this point to grab the running back. No homo but his thighs are thick like Crowley who I'm already missing.
How far apart are Christ the King Regional and Poly Prep?

Difficult not to be a fan of big, nimble DTs who still look like they're babies, but dunk basketballs.

Advertisement
Back