Class Impact: Ja'Corey Hammett to Miami

Agree with most all of this. Sure we lost two 4 year starters but there is most certainly talent here. Brooks and Huff are without a doubt UM caliber kids and I am extremely excited to watch them develop as they will bring the element of speed back to our LB corps. I am a huge fan of Waynmon Steed but after 2 major knee injuries I'm not quite sure what to expect from him going forward. Steed has always been a very instinctive player with a high football IQ but he was never a burner before the injuries nor was he a freakish athlete like Brooks or Huff. I always liked Joyners potential but he is another one of these kids who was basically a stand up edge rusher in HS. Yes there is athletic talent to work with but we have no idea if he can develop into a true LB on this level. Can he play in reverse? Can he play in space? McCloud will most certainly bring experience and senior leadership and could very well have his best year here. The ability is there.

At striker, Frierson has all the tools like you mentioned. I'm a big fan of Gil and want to see him succeed. Based on what I know of him as a player I truly believe that Frierson can have a breakout year at Striker. I also love the idea of moving Amari Carter to striker as I believe it is a position that is the best fit for Carter's skill set. I could see Carter taking over the striker position for his senior year and give Gil another year to continue to develop.

Yep. Now can Baker and Patke coach them up? Let's face it, Shaq and Pinckney were self-made men. And Finley made a lot of mental errors, just made up for it with good athleticism. So there's zero evidence our coaches can develop these kids. 2020 will tell us a lot about Manny's boys on the staff.

Advertisement
Yep. Now can Baker and Patke coach them up? Let's face it, Shaq and Pinckney were self-made men. And Finley made a lot of mental errors, just made up for it with good athleticism. So there's zero evidence our coaches can develop these kids. 2020 will tell us a lot about Manny's boys on the staff.

I don’t think this year will tell us anything we don’t already know about Manny’s bffs. What assistant coach do you know has made some huge turn around in year 3 or 4 or 5 of their career under the same boss? They are who we think they are.

Shaq and Pinckney were there cause our lb room was empty and we suffered injuries. But the reality is they were not top caliber recruits. The way the game is played now Huff Joyner and Brooks are more suited to succeed. I disagree with self the made men comment and even they have stated that they were lost and were embarrassed about there freshman year tape. They played hard but had limitations physically that were masked by scheme and good decisions. But the physical limitations were too much too overcome when they did make bad decisions and at times were put in bad spots. Other players look better with a more gifted skill set and can overcome a mistake with speed and athleticism. In other words they did the best they could with what they had. Not crowning our staff as world beaters. But let’s not say they’re just bodies out there with a ****le of coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmm thought he shouldn’t be a take for some of y’all. Watch the narrative change following his latest offers.

Who said he wasnt a take? Like with every prospect im sure you can find a handfull of people with different opinions but this has not been one of those prospects the board as whole felt was not a Miami caliber recruit. Quite making up the narrative

Who said he wasnt a take? Like with every prospect im sure you can find a handfull of people with different opinions but this has not been one of those prospects the board as whole felt was not a Miami caliber recruit. Quite making up the narrative

Who said the board as a whole? I said some of y’all. Obviously, you’ve missed the LB threads. Read up on those before you tell me to “Quite” anything.

Hope he sticks. To be honest he probably projects better as a rush LB in a 3-4 than a will LB in a 4-3. So if those schools really do want him that’s probably what they’ll pitch plus a bag full of money.

Advertisement
The west has been good to us for the most part. Let this kid get his ranking up for the star whores. I’m good with it. Don’t know if he’s a take for them at the moment anyways

That is bizarre. Kid has had film out there.
This might have something to do with trying to get some leverage with his teammates.
Why is it bizarre. Lmao they evaluate late just like we do. You sorry muthafukkas ***** when we do, but when they do it's leverage. I swear y'all some weak *** ducks on here.

Why is it bizarre. Lmao they evaluate late just like we do. You sorry muthafukkas ***** when we do, but when they do it's leverage. I swear y'all some weak *** ducks on here.
Dude chill.
I don’t want him anywhere else but here. But just find it bizarre that they offer now. Not something they do often. Especially at that position.
My theory is that saban is going away from that 3-4 and is looking gnome towards a different type of offense or one that doesn’t need the 6’4 245 backers that they usually recruit.
Vandarius Cowan is gone Parks hasn’t seen much playing time. He need dudes that can cover the spread offenses. He’s gonna go after the smaller backers now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back