CJ Henderson

View as article
Looks like he may have had some late night second thoughts yesterday but the staff/team/Deejay may have kept him on course with the U. I don't think we'll be seeing any de-commitments today.
He might as well get it over with, we had been hearing a month ago that he was considering flipping to UF, and then after a little attention from Michigan he was ready to flip again. This kid is clearly looking for a reason, and going all out to convince him to stay is really just showing he doesn't want to be here in the first place.
So he won't decommit today... But, between now & NSD, can we trust he'll still be a Cane?
I'm just done with this whole thing, I'm tired of all these local kids being wishy washy with Miami, idk what the **** we need to change about our recruiting style, but somethings gotta give.

Need to see results. That's not going to change until the product on the field can confirm the difference.

Advertisement
The thing that troubles me the most about all this is that Pete said he was a corner stone of this class. How can this kid go from recruiting others to thinking about decommiting. These sfl kids are ridiculous with there show me the love nonsense. This can't have a positive effect on some of our other targets like Jobe and Bandy

Looks like he may have had some late night second thoughts yesterday but the staff/team/Deejay may have kept him on course with the U. I don't think we'll be seeing any de-commitments today.
He might as well get it over with, we had been hearing a month ago that he was considering flipping to UF, and then after a little attention from Michigan he was ready to flip again. This kid is clearly looking for a reason, and going all out to convince him to stay is really just showing he doesn't want to be here in the first place.
So he won't decommit today... But, between now & NSD, can we trust he'll still be a Cane?
I'm just done with this whole thing, I'm tired of all these local kids being wishy washy with Miami, idk what the **** we need to change about our recruiting style, but somethings gotta give.

Need to see results. That's not going to change until the product on the field can confirm the difference.

People want to talk about needing to see product on the field to get recruiting results but what did people like Butch Jones do to get consecutive top 5 recruiting class? Tennesse has sucked forever but still managed to pull in top classes.

People want to talk about needing to see product on the field to get recruiting results but what did people like Butch Jones do to get consecutive top 5 recruiting class? Tennesse has sucked forever but still managed to pull in top classes.

Exactly!!

Almost all coaches get that 2nd year benefit of the doubt "bump" recruiting class.

Exactly!!

Almost all coaches get that 2nd year benefit of the doubt "bump" recruiting class.

Tennessee is in the SEC, consistently packs its stadium, and has top notch facilities. And who knows what type of $$$ is going on behind the scene. It's pretty obvious that SEC teams have an advantage with recruiting. Bama, Auburn, UF, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M get the recruits even if their teams aren't performing. No other conference can say that. It sucks but it is what it is.

Advertisement

It's called momentum. Tennessee has been overhyped for years and they pulled that great class because it was early in Jones career, the hype was out the roof, and momentum kept building.

That's why I say if we announce an ipf or get 1 big commit from south Florida it will get things rolling. If that doesn't happen, we'll just have to wait until we start winning to build our own momentum.

Tennessee has no in-state competitors to recruit against. They get the top kids in-state regardless. They have a huge on-campus stadium with endless resources. Plus, $EC boosters. Is it that hard? Their recruiting definitely dipped with Dooley there as well. We had the equivalent of our Dooley with Golden. Jones can at least sell something right now.

South Florida recruits have become total ***** as a result of the mercenary HS transfer system down here and the coddling of these kids as soon as they show they can run. Too many adults use these kids as meal tickets throughout their lives creating a "what can you give me" approach to every aspect of their lives.

When a little kid knows he's a meal ticket to adults and that he can basically do no wrong because they need to exploit his athletic ability for personal gain, this is what happens.

You reap what you sow, and the adults planted and cultivated this crop of shysterism.

These kids are traded like cattle from the time they start playing Pee Wee football. It's no surprise that they're constantly needing stroking and "love" and that there's no sense of loyalty or community down here. They're all taught "just get yours" from the time they strap a helmet on.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching kids this. Way of the world.

There's nothing wrong with it if you want to raise anti-social, soulless degenerates.

Tennessee has no in-state competitors to recruit against. They get the top kids in-state regardless. They have a huge on-campus stadium with endless resources. Plus, $EC boosters. Is it that hard? Their recruiting definitely dipped with Dooley there as well. We had the equivalent of our Dooley with Golden. Jones can at least sell something right now.

Thats not true. They actually don't really recruit all that great in state. They get some kids here and there. Last NSD Nate Johnson didn't even consider them. Most of the serious players in the state go out of state. He'll just look at Corn Elder. Most UT fans are on the ledge with Butch Jones.

Advertisement
Who would've thought that 15+years of miami having one of the least supportive and entitled fanbases would trickle down to the youth.

Exactly!!

Tennessee is in the SEC, consistently packs its stadium, and has top notch facilities. And who knows what type of $$$ is going on behind the scene. It's pretty obvious that SEC teams have an advantage with recruiting. Bama, Auburn, UF, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M get the recruits even if their teams aren't performing. No other conference can say that. It sucks but it is what it is.

Meet the Bag Man is no B.S. story, that's all anyone needs to know.

Hugh Freeze didn't walk into Ole Miss and land the #1 class off of his national championship pedigree. After the Kiffin experiment and a brief interlude with Derrick Dooley, Butch Jones was going to get all of the "assistance" he needed to try and catch up with the hated rival in Tuscaloosa.

Sure, there are kids that are going to a certain school no matter what, but many coaches understand the need to lure in the ones who will entertain a $ales pitch in order to get on top and stay there. Once there with the wins and the NFL draft picks, guys like Saban and Meyer can attest to the snowball effect and the decreased need for the good ole $ales pitch, though standing at the ready when needed.

Oh, and yes is the answer for the ostrich society...I am a recruiting conspiracy theorist.

UM

He's pulling a Folden right now with locking up recruits to save his job.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.rock...nts-vols-move-into-2017-top-10?client=safari#

Liberty city el,
Please be done with it. You just started following recruiting and your comments and general insight sucks, as witnessed on multiple threads.
I just joined the website, I've been following recruiting for over 15 years... You can GFY though.
Do you get some type of reward for your supposed "quality" contributions?

Advertisement
You have to wonder how effective begging Henderson to stay committed this early will be. If you gotta beg this early in the process it seems like only a matter of time before the de-commitment comes.

Sec. Thats where most top recruits want to play.

Advertisement
South Florida diva at its finest. F$U gets 3 big time commits over the last week or so and we are about to lose one. This is exactly why you need to target out of state players a lot more. He wants to **** around, replace his ***.

don't say this out loud.. south florida porsters will be made that talent is located in other areas of the country. Some of our best players are from OOS but don't tell these mofos nothing.

Ok to admit Rumphs in over his head yet? Had henderson, brini, and Davis all as Miami leans and found a way to not get all 3. That's Paul Williams type **** right there.

soft shoulders those 3 wouldn't have been on campus.. let alone answered a phone call with Paul Williams name on the other end. Recruits probably saved his numbers as do not answer!

You have to wonder how effective begging Henderson to stay committed this early will be. If you gotta beg this early in the process it seems like only a matter of time before the de-commitment comes.

exactly my thought as well when the de-commitment never came at 2.

shame, too, because i was very excited about this kid. electric

This is why there needs to be either an early signing period or no committing till after Junior season. Something. The amount of decommitting is comical around the country and affect many people. Kids commit and decommit for fun and attention.

Advertisement
Back