CJ Henderson

View as article
Tried to tell everybody this kid wasnt solid! Henderson is a good ath...but I'd rather take players like Wilson and Bandy.....ready to contribute right away in a depleted secondary. We dont really need projects cuz the '18 class is loaded with top talent. Also, once we start winning some of those big timers will want to play for us....I personally think we are going to get a top notch cb prospect down the line. Right now its kinda like sellin wolf tickets at a dog show!
Don't even start with that 2018 sh*t... Al Blades II currently has on a Seminole hat as his Twitter avatar.
We can NOT guarantee under any circumstances that we're going to get any of the top DB's for 2018.
The bottom line is we're depleted at cb "right now"...we all expect the canes to do well this season.....so yes at the end.....I expect us to land a few big timers in '17 '18....also, it's not like the staff won't continue to recruit Henderson hard he's in our backyard.... just saying juco dbs is are usually ready to play.....day one.

Advertisement
Well HaRumph.

Are you a Miami fan ? You sound like your happy about us losing out

No. It's been a 17 year goof for me on Canes message boards

:p. We need elite cbs Dallas could be plugged in at CB . Yeah Henderson hurts but missing out on true elite cbs hurt worse . We need to land 1 or 2 elite Juco kids. Edwards will be good but it will take him year or two to develop just like Henderson

The last staff fcked us so now we need to find great cbs the Juco route until others develop

I want the best kids period! I want them to be the right fit as well. I think we have to expect some turnover both ways with kids.

Pete, kid is all UF. I've known this for quite sometime. I've seen the text messages between him and a UF staffer.

What did the texts say? I don't understand a kid actively recruiting for Miami while being "all UF" in stealth mode?

So should we cool on recruits that are committed to other schools so that they can decommit because they want more love from us?

Advertisement
You know... Sometimes these guys do this to get their teammates more spotlight... Just Sayin'

Advertisement
Maybe him and bandy reason for being on campus so much was to shake the coaches down for some money mob style.

I'm confused. So is this guy all UF at this point and we are just waiting for the inevitable?

Advertisement
South Florida recruits have become total ***** as a result of the mercenary HS transfer system down here and the coddling of these kids as soon as they show they can run. Too many adults use these kids as meal tickets throughout their lives creating a "what can you give me" approach to every aspect of their lives.

When a little kid knows he's a meal ticket to adults and that he can basically do no wrong because they need to exploit his athletic ability for personal gain, this is what happens.

You reap what you sow, and the adults planted and cultivated this crop of shysterism.

These kids are traded like cattle from the time they start playing Pee Wee football. It's no surprise that they're constantly needing stroking and "love" and that there's no sense of loyalty or community down here. They're all taught "just get yours" from the time they strap a helmet on.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching kids this. Way of the world.

Advertisement
Looks like he may have had some late night second thoughts yesterday but the staff/team/Deejay may have kept him on course with the U. I don't think we'll be seeing any de-commitments today.

Looks like he may have had some late night second thoughts yesterday but the staff/team/Deejay may have kept him on course with the U. I don't think we'll be seeing any de-commitments today.
He might as well get it over with, we had been hearing a month ago that he was considering flipping to UF, and then after a little attention from Michigan he was ready to flip again. This kid is clearly looking for a reason, and going all out to convince him to stay is really just showing he doesn't want to be here in the first place.
So he won't decommit today... But, between now & NSD, can we trust he'll still be a Cane?
I'm just done with this whole thing, I'm tired of all these local kids being wishy washy with Miami, idk what the **** we need to change about our recruiting style, but somethings gotta give.

Liberty city el,
Please be done with it. You just started following recruiting and your comments and general insight sucks, as witnessed on multiple threads.

Advertisement
Back