CIS report on WQAM - June 13th

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_3500.jpg

I joined Alex Donno for our weekly segment on WQAM presented by CanesWear. We discuss Jovani Haskins' departure and more:

Clip Player: Peter Ariz

Advertisement
Good stuff, Pete. The big shocker to me was that Shirreffs is resurfacing as the potential starter. After scrimmage 2 and 3, I thought his ship had sailed. Rosier must really be inconsistent.

Thats the second time I've heard how Harley is really stepping it up. Any news on Jeff Thomas? Is he the baller that we are expecting, or is Harley just outworking/outplaying him?

Advertisement
Thats the second time I've heard how Harley is really stepping it up. Any news on Jeff Thomas? Is he the baller that we are expecting, or is Harley just outworking/outplaying him?

Where is he outplaying Thomas? They haven't even started practice yet.

Good stuff, Pete. The big shocker to me was that Shirreffs is resurfacing as the potential starter. After scrimmage 2 and 3, I thought his ship had sailed. Rosier must really be inconsistent.

Dude, he threw 6 interceptions in 3 scrimmages, and he wasn't allowed to get hit in 2 of those scrimmages.

That's about as consistent as it gets lol

Just cause you hear about these closed players-only practices in which they run 7 on 7. Curious to know if Harley is looking better in this setting than Thomas.

Just cause you hear about these closed players-only practices in which they run 7 on 7. Curious to know if Harley is looking better in this setting than Thomas.
Why does it even matter. Both embarrassed most of the dbs they went against at the all star practice. Jeff Thomas absolutely sh*tted on Patrick surtain at the opening who people have rated as the #1 corner and top 5 player nationally.... more importantly both are canes

Advertisement
I'm excited about the 17 class of WRs.. seems like we'll have a legit slots WR of the future (Dallas, Harley, Thomas)

Add along the studs of 2018!!!

Whoever is the QB better throw for 4000 yards in 2018 and 2019!!

Why does it even matter. Both embarrassed most of the dbs they went against at the all star practice. Jeff Thomas absolutely sh*tted on Patrick surtain at the opening who people have rated as the #1 corner and top 5 player nationally.... more importantly both are canes

Facts

Here's comes the obvious but still....

I don't care how good the defense is, if we can't get a QB to separate himself this summer we are in some ****. These guys are both awful. Perry is our only hope and that's too much pressure for the kid.

Advertisement

I don't care how good the defense is, if we can't get a QB to separate himself this summer we are in some ****. These guys are both awful. Perry is our only hope and that's too much pressure for the kid.

It's looking like QB play will literally be the difference in 11 wins and 8 wins.

Our schedule is too easy to get lower than 8 wins, right?

It's looking like QB play will literally be the difference in 11 wins and 8 wins.

I would think so. But ****, we are in bad shape at the most important position.

Maybe im just trying to ease my enthusiasm? The fact that Rosier couldn't step up bothers me.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. We better hope Rosier steps up because we aren't winning 11 with a true freshmans summer enrollee.

Advertisement

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. We better hope Rosier steps up because we aren't winning 11 with a true freshmans summer enrollee.
I stil have hope.

Frustrating as ****. This team is set up for a run.

Allison should have been the one to pull his head out of his *** and provide us that level of competency this year, but now he's just gonna douche it up in Morgantown.

I'm a huge Kosi fan, but he's not winning 11 games this year (unless we're the luckiest team in America)

The summer enrollee thing is a cop-out, in my opinion. The only reason you throw out that caveat is because a true freshman just led Alabama to the title game. Do you think Hurts won and Kaaya lost because Hurts had a better knowledge of the offense?

The game has changed. It is easier to get young guys ready to roll. The experience bar gets lower every year, in college and the pros. The big question is whether we have a good enough team around Perry. Hurts obviously did.

The summer enrollee thing is a cop-out, in my opinion. The only reason you throw out that caveat is because a true freshman just led Alabama to the title game. Do you think Hurts won and Kaaya lost because Hurts had a better knowledge of the offense?

The game has changed. It is easier to get young guys ready to roll. The experience bar gets lower every year, in college and the pros. The big question is whether we have a good enough team around Perry. Hurts obviously did.

Hurts had better coaching(Kiffin vs Coley) and a loaded roster. Also, how do you know Hurts wasn't more ready than Kaaya? He showed more composure in tough situations as a freshman than Kaaya has ever shown.

The game hasn't changed that much. You're either on the most loaded roster in college football or you don't win 10 games. I'm not sure why as UM fans we want to act like all this previous evidence doesn't apply to us just because Perry is our guy.

Advertisement
Back