CIS Classic Threads Thread

Two days ago I dismantled and completely cleaned the Weber Grill after 5 years. Ordered a new igniter, new flavorizor bars and scraped the whole inside down with a putty knife.

Just wondering, don't you do that often?

I scrape the bottom, drip pan, grates, etc, frequently. Putty knife is perfect for it that's for sure. I have the older style Genesis(it's about 4 years old.) Probably get new upper grate/shelf for it next year but other than that it's a tank.

Advertisement

I scrape the bottom, drip pan, grates, etc, frequently. Putty knife is perfect for it that's for sure. I have the older style Genesis(it's about 4 years old.) Probably get new upper grate/shelf for it next year but other than that it's a tank.
Get a Big Green Egg. Cleaning consists of opening up the vents and get it to 700, then vacuum out the ash.

Get a Big Green Egg. Cleaning consists of opening up the vents and get it to 700, then vacuum out the ash.

I get the Weber to that, turn off the valve, then the burners. Let it sit, then cleanup is a breeze.

However, I've always wanted an Egg. Had a Weber kettle, just wasn't using it here because of convenience. I grill year round in SE PA, so i need to clean my grill often...I'll grill in 20-30 degree weather.

I would like to get back into charcoal, probably wind up buying an Egg in the next year or so.

Advertisement

I scrape the bottom, drip pan, grates, etc, frequently. Putty knife is perfect for it that's for sure. I have the older style Genesis(it's about 4 year old.w) Probably get new upper grate/shelf for it next year but other than that it's a tank.

If grills had an abuse line to call I'd have been arrested for neglect long ago. I've only cleaned the cooking surface and totally neglected the rest.

I think I’ve hit rock bottom. Two days ago I dismantled and completely cleaned the Weber Grill after 5 years. Ordered a new igniter, new flavorizor bars and scraped the whole inside down with a putty knife.

Concluded if I survived eating what I’ve grilled on that thing, the coronavirus has zero shot ro hurt me.
Ha, I just did the same thing to mine. I can't believe how bad that thing needed a cleaning. Makes me wonder how rough my insides are from eating off that thing.

Advertisement
Wasn't there a thread similar to *** Cruise Guy where a guy's ads where geared to how to get away with murdering your wife?

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, I honestly don't remember that. I went through that thread last night too I think... lol

Link To specific post:

Screenshot:
0A05A3E1-7C5C-418D-A79D-6BBCCF97C77E.jpeg

I just read the *** cruise thread, I think for the first time. IMO it doesn’t touch the Twitter or Nun **** threads. Funny that OP deleted his account. I guarantee he came back here under a different name. So the question now is, which one of you is “deleted 20931” formerly known as @ATL_UTD_Cane?

I agree but I believe the *** cruise OP had a pic of the actual banner ad that was pretty hilarious

I agree but I believe the *** cruise OP had a pic of the actual banner ad that was pretty hilarious
That visual is what’s missing to put it in better perspective. I’d search for a *** cruise banner to add here but then my future screenshots would put me at risk of being *** Cruise Thread Part II.

This is where NYSOM could help us out without fear of being subjected to the “***** gauntlet”.

@Lil Bryant 305 , @Empirical Cane has declared your term “***** gauntlet” to be the GOAT line. Moar Lil Bryant!!!

That visual is what’s missing to put it in better perspective. I’d search for a *** cruise banner to add here but then my future screenshots would put me at risk of being *** Cruise Thread Part II.

This is where NYSOM could help us out without fear of being subjected to the “***** gauntlet”.

@Lil Bryant 305 , @Empirical Cane has declared your term “***** gauntlet” to be the GOAT line. Moar Lil Bryant!!!

I'll take one for the CIS team (no homo) lol...let's see if a banner shows up now

home-mobileheader-07.jpg

Advertisement
Back