CIS Classic Threads Thread

Yeah, I wish I was around for it. Didn’t realize you’ve been on these boards that long. Were you on CaneSport?

Yeah, I was even on an old school AOL Canes message board back in the day. I even see some posters om here today that were back on the old AOL boards. Talk about the wild west!! It was an anything goes kind of place. A No rules , just right kind of a spot. But Grassy was the holy grail of Canes message boards up until the end. That was an ugly ending. Thank God for CIS!! Ya'll do a kick asss job !!

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Yeah, I was even on an old school AOL Canes message board back in the day. I even see some posters om here today that were back on the old AOL boards. Talk about the wild west!! It was an anything goes kind of place. A No rules , just right kind of a spot. But Grassy was the holy grail of Canes message boards up until the end. That was an ugly ending. Thank God for CIS!! Ya'll do a kick asss job !!

Go Canes!!
We’re all volunteer mods and Maude’s. Now some things are starting to make sense. Did you battle with the same 3 posters on those boards that you have occasionally battled here? lol

Who knows.... There's only 2 dudes on here that I can think of that I have had a real rub with. Don't really think there's a 3rd...One of them was just a jock sniffin , wanna be , internet tough guy that was always threatening to beat people up if they met up with him in person. He died recently. So that's that. The other guy, who is currently hiding out in the CIS witness protection program while hiding out in his moms condo. He's just a pompous douch that made his name on here belittling Cane fans. Funny sometimes but not really cool. He finally got what was coming to him. Play stupid games. Get stupid prizes. Other than that. This place is pretty cool and loaded with Cane info you can't get anywhere else. I really appreciate all the volunteer work that's put in behind the scenes on here. Ya'll rock and thank you for all ya do!! This is the best Canes message board out there and it's not even close. I'm sure it will become toxic again around here if this squad fails to live up to the CIS message board expectations. Until then, I'm rollin with the 15-0 crew! Rock on and Go Canes!!

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Something like that. Some roaming landscaping company got involved towards the end I think. When dude posted his receipt as proof that he paid to fly the banner and some other dude called the fly the banner company with the receipt info and had the message changed??
It was a wrap after that!! That thread never stopped being funny after that.

Go Canes!!
I still can’t believe that happened; amazing. Truly only something that would happen in a Miami message board.

Go to an Eggfest and buy a demo egg. Reduced price and cones with some accessories.

Sell the Genesis.

i like the convenience of propane especially when grilling in Pennsylvania winters...

was unaware of Eggfests, will definitely look into that, thank you @JD08

i like the convenience of propane especially when grilling in Pennsylvania winters...

was unaware of Eggfests, will definitely look into that, thank you @JD08
We have natural gas here so I had a line run outside so I can hook up my grill to it. No more going to the store for LP tanks.

We have natural gas here so I had a line run outside so I can hook up my grill to it. No more going to the store for LP tanks.

That's awesome. I probably grill/use Blackstone 15 days out of the month, sometimes more, even if it's just veggies or making breakfast, so i go through a fair amount of tanks. The beginning of February we got 16-20 inches of snow, once i had everything cleared i got the grill out that evening and made chicken quarters with Walkerswood jerk seasoning lol

Advertisement
Go to an Eggfest and buy a demo egg. Reduced price and cones with some accessories.

Sell the Genesis.

Absolute truth. Also, check out Wassi's Meat Market in Melbourne, FL. They advertise the lowest prices on Eggs in Florida, and they sponsor/host an annual Eggfest where they sell the demo models afterward.

Absolute truth. Also, check out Wassi's Meat Market in Melbourne, FL. They advertise the lowest prices on Eggs in Florida, and they sponsor/host an annual Eggfest where they sell the demo models afterward.
About 5 years ago a friend of mine got a demo egg at the Melbourne eggfest. They gave the most used accessories and 2 tickets to Eggfest for a lower price than just the egg alone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back