CIS Burger Wars

Advertisement
What do you want to know?

Burger Fi:

1. Get the app - they used to have more perks and levels, but it's still worth it.
2. Several of the "secret menu" items are now on the menu, but you can still get the fries "limp" or "well done" (extra crispy).
3. The fries style that seem to be missing from the new "not-so-secret menu" is "Alternative Style" (American cheese, Fi Sauce, Mustard, and Grilled Diced Onions).
4. Onion rings. Trust me. You can also do "cry and fry", which is half rings, half fries.
5. Burgers - On the current menu, I've done every burger except the BBQ Rodeo. It's all good. I want to specifically mention the candied bacon-tomato jam (just ask for it even if you don't order The CEO burger).
6. Cheese sauce - goes well with everything.
7. The chicken is good. The hot dogs are good.
8. They have custard, which they use in their shakes. Good stuff. The banana churro shake...one of my favorites, along with the red velvet. I also really like the Key Lime, for some reason they subbed it off the menu, but it's still on as a "Concrete" (more solid version of a shake), so just ask whether you can get it as a shake.
9. They had very good Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade pre-COVID, I haven't seen that in a while.
10. They have cane-sugar Coke/Sprite/Fanta and Boylan sodas, just look behind the counter if it's not on the menu.

Hope that helps.
@DMoney I dont know specifics about your business plan, but you cant just let any schmo off the street sign up and have access to this type of content for free. You have gold here.

The bucket of chicken is one of Dave Thomas’s many brilliant ideas

Yessir, people forget that he started out with the Colonel before founding Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips, and then Wendy's.

He's the one who convinced the Colonel to appear in his own commercials. And then he took his own advice at Wendy's.

Advertisement
Yessir, people forget that he started out with the Colonel before founding Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips, and then Wendy's.

He's the one who convinced the Colonel to appear in his own commercials. And then he took his own advice at Wendy's.
You know your fast food history! Im embarrassed to say I only recently found out that Burger King started in Jacksonville and Miami. My mind was blown.

If you have a chance to go to Smashburger, do it. Fine burger.

Also I hate to admit it, I thought it would be a novelty because of the name, but I went into a Wahlburgers a few years ago and was served a **** fine burger.

Actually...I've been to Smashburger numerous times. It's good, but I still rank it below Shack and Fi. I really liked the fries, and I think Fi does a good job of replicating those.

Wahlburgers is strong, but they can't seem to reach critical mass on number of stores. They opened one in downtown Orlando, I went several times around soccer matches/concerts, etc., but they recently closed down (after a big grand opening at which all the brothers made an appearance).

In about 6 months, I anticipate working part of the week (at least) up at our new offices in The Battery in Atlanta (where the Braves baseball stadium is) and there is a Wahlburgers inside of that complex, as well as an AWESOME spot that a fellow UM alum tipped me off to, called H&F Burger. I think there are 2 or 3 locations in ATL, one is in Ponce City Market. **** fine burger and fries.

Advertisement
You know your fast food history! Im embarrassed to say I only recently found out that Burger King started in Jacksonville and Miami. My mind was blown.

Oh, **** yeah. When I was at UM, "The Eye" was a little fast food place right next to the UM Pool (they even had an outside service window to serve food and drinks to people at the Pool.

The whole thing was modeled on Burger King, James McLemore (CEO at the time) was on the UM Board of Trustees.

Good times!

Actually...I've been to Smashburger numerous times. It's good, but I still rank it below Shack and Fi. I really liked the fries, and I think Fi does a good job of replicating those.

Wahlburgers is strong, but they can't seem to reach critical mass on number of stores. They opened one in downtown Orlando, I went several times around soccer matches/concerts, etc., but they recently closed down (after a big grand opening at which all the brothers made an appearance).

In about 6 months, I anticipate working part of the week (at least) up at our new offices in The Battery in Atlanta (where the Braves baseball stadium is) and there is a Wahlburgers inside of that complex, as well as an AWESOME spot that a fellow UM alum tipped me off to, called H&F Burger. I think there are 2 or 3 locations in ATL, one is in Ponce City Market. **** fine burger and fries.
Johnny's Fillin Station on East Michigan in Orlando...Talk about Righteous Burger...Sheesh.. @TheOriginalCane

Advertisement
This is the best burger in the world. I say that respectfully knowing that taste is subjective, but no, really, this is the best burger in the world. It's the "Black Label Burger" at Minetta Tavern in New York City. It costs $38 plus tax and tip. But before you lose your mind, its made from a proprietary blend of USDA prime dry-aged Creekstone Farms (the best in the U.S., IMO) beef created by Pat LaFrieda. The quality of the meat in this is better than the "prime steak" you pay more for at your local steak house. It doesn't come with cheese which I know is triggering, but once you try it, you'd get it. It would be like putting cheese on a perfectly musty 60-day dry aged steak. It's served with caramelized onions and pommes frites on a homemade brioche bun from Bathazar Bakery.

It's ******* insane. It's perfect.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 9.45.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 9.43.14 PM.png

And yes I eat them off the hood of my Bentley while hanging out with Ray Lewis.

PS- they also do the best french dip I've ever had, but only at brunch and lunch.

Last edited:
This is the best burger in the world. I say that respectfully knowing that taste is subjective, but no, really, this is the best burger in the world. It's the "Black Label Burger" at Minetta Tavern in New York City. It costs $38 plus tax and tip. But before you lose your mind, its made from a proprietary blend of USDA prime dry-aged Creekstone Farms (the best US beef IMO) beef created by Pat LaFrieda. The quality of the meat in this is better than the "prime steak" you pay more for at your local steak house. It doesn't come with cheese which I know is triggering, but once you try it, you'd get it. It would be like putting cheese on a perfectly musty 60-day dry aged steak. It's served with caramelized onions and pommes frites on a homemade brioche bun from Bathazar Bakery.

View attachment 239462

View attachment 239461

PS- they also do the best french dip I've ever had, but only at brunch and lunch.
Looks delicious but if you really want to sell me you need to tell me what butter they use

Advertisement
This is the best burger in the world. I say that respectfully knowing that taste is subjective, but no, really, this is the best burger in the world. It's the "Black Label Burger" at Minetta Tavern in New York City. It costs $38 plus tax and tip. But before you lose your mind, its made from a proprietary blend of USDA prime dry-aged Creekstone Farms (the best in the U.S., IMO) beef created by Pat LaFrieda. The quality of the meat in this is better than the "prime steak" you pay more for at your local steak house. It doesn't come with cheese which I know is triggering, but once you try it, you'd get it. It would be like putting cheese on a perfectly musty 60-day dry aged steak. It's served with caramelized onions and pommes frites on a homemade brioche bun from Bathazar Bakery.

View attachment 239462

View attachment 239461

pulp fiction coffee GIF by The Good Films

View attachment 239462

View attachment 239461

Shark Tank Writing GIF

Advertisement
Back