CIS Burger Wars

no White Castle or Krystal?

Seriously though Culver’s is very solid, but chick fila is still the best fast food. In n out is a slightly better McDonald’s.

Advertisement
Burger Fi is pretty darn good. The onion rings are a key differentiator between Shake Shack/Five Guys. The rings, and the sauces too.

I think Burger Fi has a bit more variety too on their toppings. They also have a "secret menu" (yes, even more than the "secret menu" that is now on the app), so do your research before you start warming up your lips. I usually get the fries "limp", I am fine with "crispy" for smaller fries (McDonald's, Steak & Shake), but for a larger fry I like less crispiness.

And with all due respect to the Shack, Burger Fi comes CLOSE on shakes. A close second-place.
Tell Deon Cole GIF by Team Coco

Advertisement

What do you want to know?

Burger Fi:

1. Get the app - they used to have more perks and levels, but it's still worth it.
2. Several of the "secret menu" items are now on the menu, but you can still get the fries "limp" or "well done" (extra crispy).
3. The fries style that seem to be missing from the new "not-so-secret menu" is "Alternative Style" (American cheese, Fi Sauce, Mustard, and Grilled Diced Onions).
4. Onion rings. Trust me. You can also do "cry and fry", which is half rings, half fries.
5. Burgers - On the current menu, I've done every burger except the BBQ Rodeo. It's all good. I want to specifically mention the candied bacon-tomato jam (just ask for it even if you don't order The CEO burger).
6. Cheese sauce - goes well with everything.
7. The chicken is good. The hot dogs are good.
8. They have custard, which they use in their shakes. Good stuff. The banana churro shake...one of my favorites, along with the red velvet. I also really like the Key Lime, for some reason they subbed it off the menu, but it's still on as a "Concrete" (more solid version of a shake), so just ask whether you can get it as a shake.
9. They had very good Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade pre-COVID, I haven't seen that in a while.
10. They have cane-sugar Coke/Sprite/Fanta and Boylan sodas, just look behind the counter if it's not on the menu.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement
What do you want to know?

Burger Fi:

1. Get the app - they used to have more perks and levels, but it's still worth it.
2. Several of the "secret menu" items are now on the menu, but you can still get the fries "limp" or "well done" (extra crispy).
3. The fries style that seem to be missing from the new "not-so-secret menu" is "Alternative Style" (American cheese, Fi Sauce, Mustard, and Grilled Diced Onions).
4. Onion rings. Trust me. You can also do "cry and fry", which is half rings, half fries.
5. Burgers - On the current menu, I've done every burger except the BBQ Rodeo. It's all good. I want to specifically mention the candied bacon-tomato jam (just ask for it even if you don't order The CEO burger).
6. Cheese sauce - goes well with everything.
7. The chicken is good. The hot dogs are good.
8. They have custard, which they use in their shakes. Good stuff. The banana churro shake...one of my favorites, along with the red velvet. I also really like the Key Lime, for some reason they subbed it off the menu, but it's still on as a "Concrete" (more solid version of a shake), so just ask whether you can get it as a shake.
9. They had very good Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade pre-COVID, I haven't seen that in a while.
10. They have cane-sugar Coke/Sprite/Fanta and Boylan sodas, just look behind the counter if it's not on the menu.

Hope that helps.
I haven't tried the WAGU burger yet. Is it good?

I had it once. My ex wife grew up in Arizona and I’m a huge 5 Guys fans growing up in the east. I visited out there for the first time and all I heard about was In N Out for days and how much better it is than 5G and blah blah blah

We drove like 30 minutes to get to one.

Notice I said “ex wife”….
5g murders all that west coast crap. East coast is where the food is at & it's not even an argument.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am still a bit nostalgic for KFC buckets, goes back to some of my earliest childhood memories of hitting the KFC on 436 off of I-4. I will say, that Mountain Dew Sweet Lightning is FIRE...

So you can probably imagine that my guilty pleasure is the Lee's Famous Recipe up in Sanford...
The bucket of chicken is one of Dave Thomas’s many brilliant ideas

Advertisement
Back