Cilve Walford

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
After year one, let's revisit. I've been a big fan of this guy for a while, but I wanted to hear the board's thoughts. What's his ceiling? Can he be a legit impact player as we've been used to at tight end? Will he just be very good? Or is he JAG?

Advertisement
I think he can be good to great. Not quite like stars of the past, but solid. Totally different skillsets, but in terms of overall potential I think he could be on the Greg Olsen level.

i think he can be great... we need to use him correctly though. this year, no consistent effort to get the TEs the ball. thank god jacory era is over.

Advertisement
Raw, it just news to come together. A good off-season and I feel good about his future as long as the work ethic is there. He could use some time with the JUGS.

At this point, we can at least say with confidence that he wasn't an awful offer and commit. A lot people thought it was a very risky offer because at the time he hadn't had much experience and we pretty much offered him during spring eval period. He can play a little bit. Should be more of a #2 TE, though.

JAG. Pretty stiff and no instincts. Jimmy Graham never played and you could see his ability year 1.

Advertisement
He is Ok. Not going to be an All-ACC guy, not going to be a total bust. His upside is Ivan Mercer/Dennis Kelleher; the kind of guy who might make a key play here and there, but he's not going to star on a game winning drive against a good FSU team.

Solid. Serviceable. Can also block out of the backfield. Oh yeah -Better than Richard Gordon

Isn't the real question - where the **** is Asante cleveland?

JC

JAG. Pretty stiff and no instincts. Jimmy Graham never played and you could see his ability year 1.

Comparing him to the guy who is now the best TE in the NFL might not quite be fair.

He has the tools, he just needs polish. He was never expected to contribute this early, but these lumps will help I hope.

I think the guy can be good to very good. It's up to him because he now needs to turn himself into a more physical player to go along with natural pass catching ability.

He has three more years to get stronger and mature. I'm excited to watch his progress.

Advertisement
I'll wait to judge any player until the end of next season. These kids are about to go through the most intense offseason of their lives. Big oppurtunity for strength, speed and intelligence to grow.

Anyone know if we have any more potential recruits who are currently playing basketball?

****. They have good hands.

Advertisement
Next year would be a better stage to judge. He's a raw, talented guy who got a late start in football. That said, I'm an Asante Cleveland guy.

Next year would be a better stage to judge. He's a raw, talented guy who got a late start in football. That said, I'm an Asante Cleveland guy.

A guy we beat Nevada, San Diego St., and Washington St. for! Just goes to show you, there is a lot of talent out there waiting to be found.

Hopefully he too has a good offseason and comes back ready to ball.

A guy we beat Nevada, San Diego St., and Washington St. for! Just goes to show you, there is a lot of talent out there waiting to be found.

Hopefully he too has a good offseason and comes back ready to ball.

With all due respect, I don't think he's remotely an example of "Just goes to you" two years into his career. That might change (and I certainly hope it does) but he hasn't shown a thing so far to suggest that the BCS coaches that passed on him were wrong.

D$, if you see this post, was there a reason Cleveland didn't see more playing time this year? Was he injured?

Advertisement
Back