Cilve Walford

Tough to get much of a read on the tight ends when our QB was allergic to the middle of the field.

I still think Walford can be an all-conference type.

Advertisement
^^Was about to say the same thing. Great talent and he's a great red zone target but holy **** he's slow.

^^Was about to say the same thing. Great talent and he's a great red zone target but holy **** he's slow.

He'll catch the ball, make one quick move to get some room then...............................takes about 3 steps then some dude out of the picture makes the tackle.

He makes Richard Gordon look like Hester.

Advertisement

He'll catch the ball, make one quick move to get some room then...............................takes about 3 steps then some dude out of the picture makes the tackle.

He makes Richard Gordon look like Hester.

No shame to say he makes Gordon look like Hester. After all, Gordon was our kick returner.

:ibisroflmao::ibisroflmao::ibisroflmao:

Poor man's Bubba Franks, which is still pretty good. He and Cleveland should be a real nice duo for us.

Better than the guys mentioned in this thread, except Franks, Olsen and Graham. He can be a good player for us.

Advertisement
Walford>>>Cleveland

It's not close to these eyes. Walford looks bigger and fast with hands just as good if not better.

He looked just as good this year as Graham did in his one year here, IMO. Maybe better. I don't remember him dropping any massive gimmes.

Advertisement
Walford>>>Cleveland

It's not close to these eyes. Walford looks bigger and fast with hands just as good if not better.

He looked just as good this year as Graham did in his one year here, IMO. Maybe better. I don't remember him dropping any massive gimmes.
;

I disagree. It's really hard to say as Cleveland barely got any playing time this year, but after last season I really loved his potential going forward. Personally I thought Cleveland (of 2010 at least) looked much more athletic than Walford. I also don't remember Asante dropping any passes last year, while Walford had a few this season. That said, it's troubling that he barely saw the field this year. Maybe D$ or someone else has some inside info on why that is, but I was shocked that he didn't get more burn.

Asante Cleveland had a shoulder injury which set him back. He badly needs upper-body strength, which is wh this off-season should be massive for him. I like both guys, but in my opinion Walford is the one with a future as an NFL starter.

Asante Cleveland had a shoulder injury which set him back. He badly needs upper-body strength, which is wh this off-season should be massive for him. I like both guys, but in my opinion Walford is the one with a future as an NFL starter.

I remember watching a video interview of him after practice and thinking "That's a UM Tightend?" He's slight in the upper body. Get that boy some roids.

Advertisement
I agree with some of the guys on this thread.

I really like Clive's height. He is a match up nightmare for a LB or DB.

With that said to me he really did look very "nonathletic/awkward" stiff and kind of slow.

I realize that he didn't play much football in High School but usually these tall, think guys in High School put on better weight and look faster and more athletic.

Maybe Clive gained a little bit too much weight? I really don't know. I also see him as a #2 TE, next year should be a good barometer on if he can take that next step.

Definitely a contributor, not a great "can't miss type" at TE at all at this time. Serviceable and hopefully becomes more dependable in the upcoming years.

Clive will be alright... I think he's just adjusting to the speed of the game... He hesitates at times but you can tell he'll be alright with more practice... We have 2 good tight ends in Cleveland and Walford... Once they mature as players which I believe will happen this year then we will really see what they can do... Fisch offense definitely requires a pass catching tightend... He doesnt go long often and we need to convert on those 3rd downs a lot more...

Next year would be a better stage to judge. He's a raw, talented guy who got a late start in football. That said, I'm an Asante Cleveland guy.

A guy we beat Nevada, San Diego St., and Washington St. for! Just goes to show you, there is a lot of talent out there waiting to be found.

Hopefully he too has a good offseason and comes back ready to ball.

With all due respect, I don't think he's remotely an example of "Just goes to you" two years into his career. That might change (and I certainly hope it does) but he hasn't shown a thing so far to suggest that the BCS coaches that passed on him were wrong.

D$, if you see this post, was there a reason Cleveland didn't see more playing time this year? Was he injured?

Why not? He's talented. Has a frame on him too. He could be the next Jimmy Graham or the next Willie Williams, but either way he played his way onto the field pretty early. I enjoy the nook and cranny guys!

Advertisement
Back